Author Topic: Cabot man arrested for impersonating a deputy sheriff. A.K.A KF5OBS  (Read 56344 times)

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: Cabot man arrested for impersonating a deputy sheriff. A.K.A KF5OBS
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2017, 05:36:47 pm »

Thankfully in the state I live, Police radio is almost all encrypted (with the exception of some very remote areas that still use VHF radio out of necessity). Pretty much the only emergency services you can listen to here are the Ambulance and Fire Brigades (that mostly use mobile data terminals anyway) and most of the radio traffic consists of generic messages.

Why is that a good thing? Radio has been one of my hobbies for a long time and for years I've had several scanners and love to listen to all the stuff that's going on around me. Keeping an ear on what the police are up to lets me know what sort of stuff is going on and hearing what they deal with and how professionally they handle it has given me a good deal of respect for them. It's illegal to interfere with what they're doing, or to use such transmissions to aid committing a crime but I feel that citizens have a right to monitor the official communications of our public servants.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 06:06:25 pm by james_s »

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2017, 05:52:59 pm »
My respect for the local police force has increased significantly since I've started monitoring via Scanners.  The amount of BS calls they get is staggering.

Offline raspberrypi

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2017, 08:30:34 pm »
Yes, the whole thing is a mess. If you look through all his court history he has had a recent divorce and his wife has an order against him for child support payments which he couldn't even meet before these charges were brought against him.
the scope I saw could easily be sold for $5K or more
I believe he sold some flashy test gear (including that $20k scope?) early last year so maybe he needed this money for legal costs for his divorce. Maybe he has few assets left? Who knows?
it would not surprise me if his bail was raised or withheld completely in response to the later charged leveled against him
I haven't read the earlier notes for quite some time but I do recall that the initial bail was $15k and it now looks to be $25k.

He said he had a 400-600 mg/day oxycodone habit. That will take precedence over EVERYTHING! The pills you get when you have a tooth pulled are usually 5mg oxycodone/325 acetaminophen (why they add tylenol is beyond me). For chronic pain the pills can go as high as 80mg in a time release or 20mg in instant release. The street value of oxycode is about $1.00 per 1mg!!!! So he was spending close to $400-600 a day. Or if he was getting them from a doctor there is a limit on how much they give you. As of 2017 the DEA passed a ridiculous law saying you can only get the equivalent of 50mg/day of morphine. I had a very severe injury that left me partially crippled for life and have to take the limit. but if something goes wrong like I need another surgery the doctor cant give me any more any more and I just suffer as when I was hospitalized a few weeks ago. The only way to get around this is to have the doctor prescribe you a stronger drug. So even with this guy getting the drugs legally he would still need to augment his habit. 
I'm legally blind so sometimes I ask obvious questions, but its because I can't see well.

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2017, 09:32:43 pm »
The pills you get when you have a tooth pulled are usually 5mg oxycodone/325 acetaminophen (why they add tylenol is beyond me).
The APAP is added to discourage abuse. Most people know that taking several paracetamol is life-threatening, so they will not take multiple percocets at once to "see what it feels like". That it is an effective pain-reliever, itself, is a side benefit: as long as the effects are additive, it reduces the (dependence-forming) opiates needed to relieve a constant level of pain.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
Cabot man arrested for impersonating a deputy sheriff. A.K.A KF5OBS
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2017, 01:51:37 am »
The pills you get when you have a tooth pulled are usually 5mg oxycodone/325 acetaminophen (why they add tylenol is beyond me).
The APAP is added to discourage abuse. Most people know that taking several paracetamol is life-threatening, so they will not take multiple percocets at once to "see what it feels like". That it is an effective pain-reliever, itself, is a side benefit: as long as the effects are additive, it reduces the (dependence-forming) opiates needed to relieve a constant level of pain.

You can remove the APAP by crushing the pills, dissolving them in water and then putting the mixture in the freezer for 12 hours. Once it reaches <32f you strain the mixture through a coffee filter. The white sludge in the filter is the APAP and the liquid is pure opiate.

Edit: My bad, the above isn't for removing the APAP, it's for removing the fillers.

I really feel for KF50BS. Drugs, especially opiates, can make you into a totally different person. I know, I'm a recovering addict myself.

Anyway, KF50BS, I really hope you get the help you need. I hope you're going to NA meetings in jail and taking your bipolar medication (my ex had good luck with Geodone for her bipolar). Hopefully this is your rock bottom; it's going to be a hard climb back up, but you'll get there!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 01:56:53 pm by timb »
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

The following users thanked this post: German_EE, RGB255_0_0

Offline raspberrypi

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2017, 10:25:21 am »

You can remove the APAP by crushing the pills, dissolving them in water and then putting the mixture in the freezer for 12 hours. Once it reaches <32f you strain the mixture through a coffee filter. The white sludge in the filter is the APAP and the liquid is pure opiate.

-timb
So many internet myths so little time. What you guys know about electronics I know about chemistry. The oxy and the APAP are both water soluble. Mixing it with water will dissolve the drugs and separate out the insolubles like the fillers and binders. Freezing the solution is going to make the drugs less soluble, not what you want. To get the acetometophen out you are going to have to use a few solvents and vacuum filtration by trying to get the APAP to precipitate out.  . 5mg is not much material to work with either.

I think the APAP was so that they could patent the drug and get another 7 more years when oxys went generic. You can take up to four grams of APAP a day so thats not going to really deter people. Plus if they don't feel sick they will just take more not knowing/caring about the long run liver toxicity.
I'm legally blind so sometimes I ask obvious questions, but its because I can't see well.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2017, 02:18:09 pm »

-timb
So many internet myths so little time. What you guys know about electronics I know about chemistry. The oxy and the APAP are both water soluble. Mixing it with water will dissolve the drugs and separate out the insolubles like the fillers and binders. Freezing the solution is going to make the drugs less soluble, not what you want. To get the acetometophen out you are going to have to use a few solvents and vacuum filtration by trying to get the APAP to precipitate out.  . 5mg is not much material to work with either.

I think the APAP was so that they could patent the drug and get another 7 more years when oxys went generic. You can take up to four grams of APAP a day so thats not going to really deter people. Plus if they don't feel sick they will just take more not knowing/caring about the long run liver toxicity.

You're totally correct, it's just to remove the fillers. It's been a long time since I heard about that particular method. I think the idea was to make it hit harder (as a concentrated liquid), since you obviously can't (or shouldn't) rail something with APAP, as it's not very pleasant for your nose. (Then again, I suppose snorting anything isn't very good for your sinuses to begin with!)

My bad, I didn't mean to perpetuate a myth! (And there are *a lot* of them when it comes to drugs.)
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Online G0HZU

• Super Contributor
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2017, 06:43:26 pm »
Looking at the latest court docs there have been a few events recently.

It looks like he's tried to get his bail bond reduced but this request has been flatly denied by the judge. This is based on KF5OBS' prior convictions and the serious nature of the pending cases according to the judge.

So it looks like KF5OBS 'has some previous' or has 'got form' as we would say here in the UK. Not sure what these convictions were but presumably they must be significant to the pending cases.

The other thing is that he is trying to deny the court/jury access to the police evidence against him because he thinks it was obtained with an illegal search. So he's trying to make the evidence inadmissible in court. He's also claiming mental defect as a possible defence, and he's claiming he isn't being medicated adequately in jail.

What a mess....
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 06:50:32 pm by G0HZU »

Offline raspberrypi

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2017, 04:47:54 am »
And when he gets out of jail he can look forward to not having health insurance. I wonder if some/all of this could have been avoided if we had the right to healthcare like in other(all) 1st world countries. The part that bothers me is the sex with minors or trying to get underage girls drunk to have sex with them. That could all be bull shit though. I knew when I turned 21 living in a small town that going to parties where some of the people were under 21 was asking for trouble.

Offline Hugoneus

• Frequent Contributor
    • The Signal Path Video Blog
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2017, 10:33:36 am »

The other thing is that he is trying to deny the court/jury access to the police evidence against him because he thinks it was obtained with an illegal search. So he's trying to make the evidence inadmissible in court. He's also claiming mental defect as a possible defence, and he's claiming he isn't being medicated adequately in jail.

What a mess....

Don't these conflicts ultimately hurt his case even more? If claiming mental defect then why try to eliminate the evidence?

Either way, what a mess.

Offline cprobertson1

• Frequent Contributor
  • 2M0XTS / MM6XKC
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2017, 02:24:29 pm »

-timb

Oxycontin and Paracetamol are synergisticas well - in that one improves the uptake of the other (or both in this case). In fact, in this case, the combined effect is greater than the effect of it's constituent parts (so if A = x, B = y, then (A+B) > (x+y)) - same as with paracetamol + ibuprofen which is a common pain med. Also helps with congestion if I recall...

ANYWAY - way off topic.

It's interesting to see how this court-case will play out - has there been any news recently regarding the case?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:32:07 pm by cprobertson1 »

Offline thomastheo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2017, 04:46:24 pm »
Yes, there have been developments in his case. Sebastian plead guilty, and has been sentenced to 72 months of probation, as far as I can tell from the documentation available on the Arkansas Court Connect site. I wish him luck with his rehabilitation, and that he may get back to electronics just as quickly as he can. I won't even pretend to be able to state what's best for him, but if I were in his position, I would gather my things and return to Germany at my earliest opportunity.

The following users thanked this post: cprobertson1, tooki, RGB255_0_0

Online tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2017, 02:54:22 pm »
Arrest records and court records are typically open records.  I can find my driving tickets on my county's website, also my property tax information.
So your car insurance company can determine whether you are speeding often and increase the premium by an arbitrary amount and your potential new employer can check the value of your home to have some idea on what kind of (lowest) salary you are likely to accept. These kind of open records can cause a myriad of problems and (financial) disadvantages for you! In the NL (and typically in Europe) these kind of records are either secret or anonymised. Even the full names of convicted fellons are not disclosed.
You would think. When you quit from a Belgian company, they give you a paper, stating how much money you earned last year and how much vacation days you can have this year. And you are supposed to hand it over to your next employer. Otherwise for that year you have 0 vacation days.
Now my employer knows, that he is paying x extra above my previous one. Good luck getting a raise.
Are you #$@&%* kidiing me? Belgium managed to piss me off again.

Online G0HZU

• Super Contributor
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2017, 10:53:05 pm »
Yes, there have been developments in his case. Sebastian plead guilty,

I'm not sure about this. I think he pleaded 'no contest'  because the prosecution offered him a plea bargain if he pleaded no contest to the charges. So I think he gave this plea just to escape the mess with some fines and some jail time. He may even be free now. I think he was given 120 days' jail time but he had over a year of jail credit time. So I'm not sure if he is free or not.

google for "Nolo Contendere" for the official definition of his plea

a plea by which a defendant in a criminal prosecution accepts conviction but does not plead or admit guilt.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:04:46 pm by G0HZU »

Offline JoeN

• Frequent Contributor
  • We Buy Trannies By The Truckload
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2017, 07:56:26 am »
Yes, there have been developments in his case. Sebastian plead guilty,

I'm not sure about this. I think he pleaded 'no contest'  because the prosecution offered him a plea bargain if he pleaded no contest to the charges. So I think he gave this plea just to escape the mess with some fines and some jail time. He may even be free now. I think he was given 120 days' jail time but he had over a year of jail credit time. So I'm not sure if he is free or not.

google for "Nolo Contendere" for the official definition of his plea

a plea by which a defendant in a criminal prosecution accepts conviction but does not plead or admit guilt.

In American law this is at best a distinction without a difference.  Maybe it will matter back in his home country, but it counts as a conviction in the USA in the same manner as a guilty plea does.
Have You Been Triggered Today?

Online G0HZU

• Super Contributor
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2017, 06:52:20 pm »
I won't even pretend to be able to state what's best for him, but if I were in his position, I would gather my things and return to Germany at my earliest opportunity.

He might not have much choice here... Tucked in amongst the court documents is a rather ominous looking letter sent to the courts from the Dept of Homeland Security/Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS/ICE/ERO). They wanted to know more info about this case wrt the issuing of a detainer.

The chap writing this letter was a deportation officer. It doesn't look good... I suspect that KF5OBS won't be free for very long as it looks (to me) like the next step in this sorry saga could be compulsory deportation back to Europe.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:59:13 pm by G0HZU »

Online G0HZU

• Super Contributor
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2017, 09:55:30 pm »
Looking at the latest court docs I think KF5OBS has now been transferred to the Lasalle Detention Center, located in Jena, Louisiana.

The Lasalle Detention Center, located in Jena, Louisiana, houses immigration detainees who have been arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement.  The facility, which has the capacity for 1,160 inmates, opened its doors in November of 2008, receiving hundreds of immigrant detainees from other ICE facilities.  In May of 2010, the facility held 1,094 immigration detainees.  The jail is also known as the Jena Detention Facility or the Lasalle Detention Facility.

It looks like he is in the early stages of the deportation process although this doesn't mean for sure he will get deported. But his address on the court docs is now that of the above detention centre in Louisiana.

http://www.immigrationdetention.org/wiki/lasalle-detention-center/

Offline JoeN

• Frequent Contributor
  • We Buy Trannies By The Truckload
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2017, 07:00:22 am »
I won't even pretend to be able to state what's best for him, but if I were in his position, I would gather my things and return to Germany at my earliest opportunity.

He might not have much choice here... Tucked in amongst the court documents is a rather ominous looking letter sent to the courts from the Dept of Homeland Security/Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS/ICE/ERO). They wanted to know more info about this case wrt the issuing of a detainer.

The chap writing this letter was a deportation officer. It doesn't look good... I suspect that KF5OBS won't be free for very long as it looks (to me) like the next step in this sorry saga could be compulsory deportation back to Europe.

Most Europeans don't fight this and self-deport when this sort of thing happens.  It's the third-world people that have more of a vested interest in staying that is so bad they will sit in jail for years rather than go back to their own country.  You can deport me to Germany any time you want, BTW.   ^-^
Have You Been Triggered Today?

Offline yada

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2017, 05:24:00 pm »

Oxycontin and Paracetamol are synergisticas well - in that one improves the uptake of the other (or both in this case). In fact, in this case, the combined effect is greater than the effect of it's constituent parts (so if A = x, B = y, then (A+B) > (x+y)) - same as with paracetamol + ibuprofen which is a common pain med. Also helps with congestion if I recall...

ANYWAY - way off topic.

It's interesting to see how this court-case will play out - has there been any news recently regarding the case?

Oxycodone and Tylenol have completely different metabolic pathways. They neither compete nor complement each other. Oxy binds to opiate receptors where Tylenol has no binding affinity and doesn't block pain by acting upon sigma opioid receptors. Tylenol acts more like an NSAID then an opiate, it works more at a cellular level neutralizing the effect of a substance cells excrete causing mild pain. Oxys work on just receptors in the brain (also bind to opiate receptors in the large intestine, but then have a anti-diarrhea effect) The two are put together so that the drug company can file a patent for a new drug. If you notice these new drug will come out exactly 7 years after the first formulation because that when the patent runs out. 

I don't know why people say these things...

Online G0HZU

• Super Contributor
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2017, 07:11:30 pm »
Most Europeans don't fight this and self-deport when this sort of thing happens.

In this case KF5OBS has been filing fresh cases/petitions quite recently so he is definitely still fighting for something. The most recent case/petition was issued just a few days ago. I think he has at least one child in the USA but one of the recent cases is to do with paternity of another child. I think this case is getting very complicated with multiple legal docs from KF5OBS against the police for contempt and against his ex wife and now his (ex?) girlfriend. i.e. the girlfriend he did the fake IDs for. However, I don't think the USA wants him in the country anymore. They have apparently found a history of previous convictions and this is what they are using as a means to get him deported. It is a total mess.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/may/19/filer-of-lr-suit-convicted-facing-depor/?f=news-arkansas

Westerhold was sentenced to six years of probation, and the case was closed the morning of May 4.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested Westerhold later that day, agency spokesman Thomas Byrd said.

"Department of Justice databases indicate the German national has prior criminal convictions," Byrd said in a statement. "ICE possesses evidence of the criminal conviction which renders Westerhold removable from the U.S. ICE has placed Mr. Westerhold in removal proceedings."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:29:03 pm by G0HZU »

Offline Hugoneus

• Frequent Contributor
    • The Signal Path Video Blog
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2017, 05:20:20 am »
Just keeps getting messier and messier... I feel terrible for the child (children?) involved.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2017, 09:37:48 am »
And given the current administration's attitude towards deporting criminal foreigners, even over little things and regardless of children, they're not gonna turn a blind eye to this serious stuff, even if he's not Hispanic...

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2017, 10:06:10 am »
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/may/19/filer-of-lr-suit-convicted-facing-depor/?f=news-arkansas

How do you read that article? I don't see any article text?
And is that a new Tektronix logo T-Shirt he's wearing?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2017, 10:11:11 am »
It looks like he is in the early stages of the deportation process although this doesn't mean for sure he will get deported. But his address on the court docs is now that of the above detention centre in Louisiana.
http://www.immigrationdetention.org/wiki/lasalle-detention-center/

I think he'll have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to stay now. The wheels are in motion.
I hope he has favorable circumstances back home (friends, family etc).
Extra sad because kids are involved it seems.

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2017, 10:13:17 am »

How do you read that article? I don't see any article text?

THere's a clue on the bottom of the page:

This story is only available from the Arkansas Online archives. Stories can be purchased individually for $2.95. Click here to search for this story in the archives.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf