Author Topic: CES 2018 Standout products... For whatever reason  (Read 4811 times)

Offline station240

• Supporter
Re: CES 2018 Standout products... For whatever reason
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2018, 10:49:04 pm »
More CES products from the Indigogo Robot department.

CES Was Full of Useless Robots and Machines That Don’t Work
https://amp.thedailybeast.com/ces-was-full-of-useless-robots-and-machines-that-dont-work

Read the article, too much fail to simply into a few quotes.

The following users thanked this post: fubar.gr

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2018, 02:57:13 am »
here is some thing
cars without steering wheels or pedals.   :-DD like to see how you get one on a flatbed tow truck. tie cable around a wheel hub and pull for removal from the street curb.

GM’s driverless car without a steering wheel or pedals  :palm:
GM’s big plans to deploy autonomous vehicles, and right before the detroit Auto Show
driverless cars may benefit a disabled person who is unable to drive  :-//
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:02:30 am by jonovid »
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 08:21:51 am »
More CES products from the Indigogo Robot department.

CES Was Full of Useless Robots and Machines That Don’t Work
https://amp.thedailybeast.com/ces-was-full-of-useless-robots-and-machines-that-dont-work

Read the article, too much fail to simply into a few quotes.

I think the title says it all.

We’ve got to the point that real practical innovation is pretty difficult to bring to market now. In the 1960s it might take 6 months to develop a new product. In the 1980s a year. Now, the wall to climb over is a decade long one by which time your investors will be out. Ergo people just kick out “burner products” that satisfy the investors with some long term fish-hookery via staged demos. Look at Asimo for example. Zero deliverables.  Boston Dynamics kick out stuff more impressive than a robot that falls down stairs on a stage.

So we end up with shit that is pointless. They burned that one out so it’s now shit that is pointless that you have to connect to the internet before it works. I don’t need to make coffee in the kitchen from an app. Even I can get off my fat arse and put a kettle on.

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2018, 08:20:29 pm »
here is some thing
cars without steering wheels or pedals.   :-DD like to see how you get one on a flatbed tow truck. tie cable around a wheel hub and pull for removal from the street curb.

In a sense we've had those for a long time, they're called "buses", "taxis" or "trains". If I don't get to drive it myself then I have no interest in owning/parking/maintaining/insuring a car, I'd just use mass transit. I could get a lot of Uber/Lyft rides for the cost of a car payment. I like driving a car though, that's the main reason I own one and put up with the hassle and expense.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf