Author Topic: Faux Fluke  (Read 3009 times)

Offline ExcavatoreeTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Faux Fluke
« on: September 25, 2012, 02:15:01 am »
Have you wanted that rare fluke of a Fluke 87 with the jack color error to add to your collection?   Is  a one in a million item simply out of your budget?   Do you wish you could have the look of that unique meter at a lower cost?  Well,  Excavatoree INC. has the solution.   Yes, here it is:  the Faux fluke Fluke 87 input jack assy: 

Yes, a Fluke 87 input jack assembly painstakingly (er, uh, half-assed) crafted by (someone who uses the same tools as) a master craftsman!

Order now!  Hey, the market for faux collectable isn't just for purses and shoes. 

I had to see if it was possible.   As you can see, this is a pretty tired, dirty old input jack, rescued from my scrap bin in a bit of weekend boredom to see what it would take to replicate the famous jack error Fluke.   It can't withstand much scrutiny, as the moved red jack is a bit low, the moved black jack is a bit high, and both have concentrically issues.    I wasted about 15 minutes on this useless activity, and got to have fun with the Dremel tool.

No, it's not a photo edit job;  that would have been faster.  This fine replica actually exists.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Faux Fluke
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 02:16:45 am »
This has a KickStarter campaign written all over it!

Dave.

Offline TriodeTiger

• Regular Contributor
Re: Faux Fluke
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:44:04 am »
Call me a hansom beast if this has nothing to do with this, but is this a response to Sgt. Rock's post?

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/general-chat/fluke-87-v-jack-receptacle-backwards/

Your photobucket links is stalling for me for the time being, so I've no clue if this is related.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:45:51 am by MmCoffee »
"Yes, I have deliberately traded off robustness for the sake of having knobs." - Dave Jones.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf