Author Topic: Found in the street  (Read 1743 times)

Offline SeanBTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Found in the street
« on: September 24, 2015, 02:07:37 pm »
The other morning on the way to open the front door at work I saw a small electronic module on the street. Not a bomb, just in case anybody was thinking that, I know what that looks like, but a small flashing LED unit from a bouncy children’s toy. Still worked, just no ball or outer plastic clear casing, and 2 very flat CR1212 coin cells still powering it.

On the round thin double sided PTH PCB there is a COB, covered with white epoxy so as to match the top and bottom white silkscreened board. Nothing special, it is a timer that turns on the LED's for a few seconds after a trigger pin, attached to a spring vibration trigger, is pulled to 6V. Interesting is that the Little 2 pin 3 colour LED's have a small sequencer inside, and they match pretty closely for the few seconds they are powered.

This is a view of the small square LED, showing the small Ic inside, the wire bonds to the 3 separate LED died on the other lead.

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
Re: Found in the street
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 06:27:35 pm »
It's used when the alien transporter can't get a proper lock on the target

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1136608/
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

Offline SeanBTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Found in the street
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 07:54:49 pm »
Very funny, the Parktown prawn season is upon us again.  plus the German cockroaches are getting bigger with the warmer weather.  Last one I stepped on nearly took me for a walk instead of going splat. Took standing on it 2 times to get it to be flat, and it went crunch in doing so.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf