Poll

Should Wuerstchenhund's Ban Status Lifted (Removed)?

Yes, i want Wuerstchenhund back..
No, i dont like his attitude and he should be kept away (banned)..
I dont care nor do i know him nor his posts.. whatever..

Author Topic: I Need People Like Wuerstchenhund Back!  (Read 14325 times)

Online MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
I Need People Like Wuerstchenhund Back!
« on: November 17, 2019, 08:34:37 am »
lifetime inprisonment (ban) is just plain uncivilized. He hasnt done anything near threatening a life. He provided much useful infos about T&E. I want his "banned" tag removed! Now who's with me? for those who dont like him, you can get lost!
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: I Need People Like Wuerstchenhund Back!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 08:44:21 am »
 :-+
Plus 1 !

There are few that have graced this forum that had the TE marketplace knowledge he has and sure he wasn't scared of voicing his opinions, it's just some didn't want to hear it. So they bitched and complained to the mods and so finally the squeaky wheel got some grease and we lost his valuable input.  :(

Last seen here:
forum.allaboutcircuits.com
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 08:48:55 am »
Question is, even with the ban lifted, will he willingly to come back ?  :-//

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 10:28:31 am »
lifetime inprisonment (ban) is just plain uncivilized. He hasnt done anything near threatening a life. He provided much useful infos about T&E. I want his "banned" tag removed! Now who's with me? for those who dont like him, you can get lost!

You could start a poll.  :popcorn:
I would also like to see his return.
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Offline jaromir

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 10:31:13 am »
Now I'm confused. Are you talking about this guy? https://www.eevblog.com/forum/profile/?u=44979
His last posts are two years old, last active in January. What happened in meantime?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 11:07:20 am »
yes thats the guy
Question is, even with the ban lifted, will he willingly to come back ?  :-//
Doesnt matter its different story.. at least we can see some tolerance, courtesy and openess from fellow mods (not sure the right word)  and willingness to accept and forgive.. and he should know he got supporters that fought for him here.. hopefully if the ban is lifted someone close will poke him about this.

Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 11:11:19 am »

You could start a poll.  :popcorn:
I would also like to see his return.
will it matters? maybe if the mods request it, then it probably should. Afaics the fate of members is based on complaints, not contents. We can have 21 votes to stay and 10 votes to ban. The 10 votes will always win, even say only 5. There is no democracy here..

Btw, the procceding and outcome of this thread is irrelevant, we dont have power, but it must vented somewhere.  :-//
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 11:14:14 am by Mechatrommer »

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 07:34:31 pm »
I don't even know who he is, but it would not surprise me if he is already back under a different name. He'll never tell you, of course.

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 07:36:53 pm »
I don't even know who he is, but it would not surprise me if he is already back under a different name. He'll never tell you, of course.

Ditto and ditto. ::)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 07:41:23 pm »
i havent seen any new member of his quality have you? i got involved in some of the threads he was involved at, a bunch of us are just like hanging lost monkeys about equipments. no one dare to interrupt even the experienced. a man can be recognized by his "fruit". and if you got banned, are you going to sneak in by another name? knowing you are not welcomed? time to move on, this is not the only forum on earth.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 07:46:10 pm by Mechatrommer »

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 07:46:21 pm »

No way, he would never be able to stop himself from getting into a LeCroy vs. Tektronix foodfight.

If he had any self control, he wouldn't have been banned.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2019, 07:53:28 pm »
there is called temporary, a week, a month, or maybe a year ban sentence, but why a lifetime? both lecroy and tektronix fanboyism should be banned, if anything, not just one side. or why people cant simply ignore him in conflict?

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2019, 08:02:54 pm »
there is called temporary, a week, a month, or maybe a year ban sentence, but why a lifetime?
He was warned, and there was no evidence that he wanted to change, so what would have been the point?  Anyway, a permanent ban doesn't mean he can't ever come back ... it just means he has to convince Dave he's changed.  Doesn't seem like much to ask.

both lecroy and tektronix fanboyism should be banned, if anything
Fanboyism is allowed.  Endless bickering and disruption is not (usually).

why people cant simply ignore him in conflict?
I had him in my ignore list long before he was banned, but I still noticed how he kept disrupting and derailing otherwise useful threads.

But yeah, the ignore list is helpful.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 08:09:40 pm by edavid »

Offline Karel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 08:03:28 pm »
Me too, I would like to give Wuerstchenhund a second chance.
I don't like his way of communicating and many times he was unnecessary rude, if not offending.
But that guy knew a lot about oscilloscopes and despite I didn't like his conversation style, it was often interesting to read.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2019, 09:09:15 pm »

Ditto and ditto. ::)
Nope, not without a different IP or using a proxy server to hide his IP.
Mods would pick him up in a flash.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 10:44:09 pm »
No way, he would never be able to stop himself from getting into a LeCroy vs. Tektronix foodfight.

A snippet from my email to him after he got banned and asked why:
"No other user on the forum generates so many consistent reports and has survived this long, we just can't go on with these constant reports.
From what I gather (I don't follow many threads) you just don't give up pushing the same opinion over and over in every thread on scopes, disrupting and sidetracking threads you get involved in."

I have greatly regretted letting banned members back into the forum before, I will not make the same mistake again.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2019, 10:45:41 pm »
there is called temporary, a week, a month, or maybe a year ban sentence, but why a lifetime? both lecroy and tektronix fanboyism should be banned, if anything, not just one side. or why people cant simply ignore him in conflict?

He was given temporary bans several times but he did not change.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2019, 11:18:48 pm »
I'm guessing Wuerstchenhund is was just LeCroys free open source version of Keysights Daniel Bogdanoff!  :-DD (Who's a great guy!)  :-+

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2019, 11:53:06 pm »
Sure miss him too, helped me a lot. Still occasionally "talk" in the other worlds. I guess some people just can't help NOT going after the lure :-)
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 12:17:33 am »
I'm guessing Wuerstchenhund is was just LeCroys free open source version of Keysights Daniel Bogdanoff!  :-DD (Who's a great guy!)  :-+
Nope, wrong.
He provides equipment recommendations to EE labs worldwide. AFAIK he has no brand affiliations.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2019, 01:26:24 am »
Some people have a distinctive "style", & a new user name doesn't diguise them for long.
On a sports page I used to frequent, a high profile, very opinionated, & agressive member (rather like Wuerstchenhund, in fact) abruptly changed his username. (I'm not sure why, he never seemed to have problems with the Moderators).
It took a couple of postings before everybody knew who it was!

This forum's moderation is far from harsh-- In the sports forum mentioned above, if you didn't agree with the narrative they were trying to push, your posting was likely to simply disappear!

On the "Whirlpool" forum, there are some "bad words" which guarantee your post will be deleted.
I innocently used "fan boy" once, & bang!------My posting was gone!
Also, if you deviate slightly off topic, even correcting someone else who had already strayed & got away with it---bang!

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I do feel both of those forums "play favourites"----EEVblog shows no sign of doing so!

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2019, 01:43:35 am »
Some people have a distinctive "style", & a new user name doesn't diguise them for long.

This.

I might challenge the phrase "Some people" and suggest it should be "Most people" - but in the case of those who go to the extreme where they get banned (especially on the EEVblog) the correct phrase would be: "All such people".

A leopard can't change his spots.

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2019, 02:11:43 am »
will it matters? maybe if the mods request it, then it probably should. Afaics the fate of members is based on complaints, not contents. We can have 21 votes to stay and 10 votes to ban. The 10 votes will always win, even say only 5. There is no democracy here..
Surely it would have been because they violated the forum rules repeatedly and not just because they were opinionated or pissed of a select group that complained. But I don't know.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2019, 02:23:15 am »
While it is unfortunate to lose the knowledge, it comes to a point where the difficulty in dealing with a personality exceeds the benefit they offer.

Members should also be aware that there can be a LOT of behind-the-scenes effort and communication in dealing with a variety of situations, including lifetime bans, the details of which will not be made public.  There are privacy issues that apply which extend into legal territory.  This is a key part of the role of Mod and of Admin.  Members are NOT entitled to know any such details and any information disclosed by the Mods/Admin will be at their discretion.

If you don't like the decision made, then by all means raise the question, but understand that, for a fairly moderated forum (and I include the EEVblog in that category), the original decision will have been made for very good reason.

Background: I am a Mod on another forum (not electronics related) - and I have been involved in some extensive discussions and serious matters, the details of which remain confidential.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, tooki

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2019, 02:33:52 am »
There is no democracy here..

This is not a democracy.  Nobody ever said it was.  If you think you can make it one, then you are sadly mistaken.

A democracy can be manipulated for the agenda of whoever does the manipulation - and that will usually mean the result will be unfair for anyone who doesn't fit into the agenda.

This is Dave's sandbox and if you want to come in and play, then play by his rules.  Don't like the rules, then ask nicely and a change may be considered, but if you get a "No" then accept that decision and move on.

The following users thanked this post: techman-001

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf