Poll

Are you getting a human verified message on the EEVblog forum?

No, never have
3 (5%)
No, not any more today
37 (61.7%)
Yes, but only occasionally, less in the last 24 hours, it's fine.
11 (18.3%)
Yes, but only occasionally, no change in the last 24 hours, it's fine.
6 (10%)
Yes, every hour or something, annoying
3 (5%)
Yes, every 10's of minutes, unusable
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?  (Read 873 times)

abeyer and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 42251
  • Country: au
    • EEVblog
IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« on: October 01, 2026, 10:30:02 pm »
I'm looking to find out what people are seeing on the forum TODAY now that I have enabled Cloudflare Precursor mode and disabled Under Attack mode.
Have you been getting any human verification check in the last 24 hours, and how frequently?

If you are, please tell me if you are using a VPN or not.

Posting this 8:30am Sydney time Friday.
 

Offline Muttley Snickers

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 2415
  • Country: au
  • Cursed: 679 times
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2026, 10:41:51 pm »
Not seeing anything now in regards to verification banners or popups, so if there is some kind of Captcha present I am not seeing it.   :phew:
Windows 10 and Firefox with uBlock Origin, no VPN.
 
The following users thanked this post: EEVblog

Offline BrianHG

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8784
  • Country: ca
    • LinkedIn
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2026, 11:30:13 pm »
I was rough for me a ~2 days ago, but things cleared up yesterday.
It was also bad just after the denial of services bot attacks.

No VPN.

Offline edpalmer42

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2525
  • Country: ca
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2026, 11:32:08 pm »
From day to day the challenges change randomly - sometimes Cloudflare, sometimes eevblog, sometimes both.  In the last couple of weeks I've noticed that other sites are presenting new Cloudflare challenges (e.g. Newegg.ca, Digikey.com, memoryexpress.com, Mouser.com) so you're not alone in being harassed by bots and/or attacks.  I don't know why everyone seems to be getting hit all of a sudden.

I think you should leave the challenges in place permanently.  They don't bother me.  It's just the nature of the web these days.
 
The following users thanked this post: EEVblog

Online IanB

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 13084
  • Country: us
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2026, 11:40:42 pm »
Until yesterday I was getting a Cloudflare human verification challenge every 10 minutes or so, whenever I refreshed the page or tried to reply to a thread, which was making the forum close to unusable. But it has not happened at all today. So that makes things much better.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2026, 11:45:03 pm by IanB »
 
The following users thanked this post: EEVblog

Offline bson

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 2767
  • Country: us
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 01:23:14 am »
Not today... works nicely now!
 
The following users thanked this post: EEVblog

Offline xrunner

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 7957
  • Country: us
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 01:27:22 am »
Not today... works nicely now!

Same here!
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.
 
The following users thanked this post: EEVblog

Offline bson

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 2767
  • Country: us
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 01:28:16 am »
Have you considered Anubis?  It's self-hosted, so you put it in front of the services you want to protect, while other services can be left without it if it doesn't matter.  If you try to do the same with gray DNS on CloudFlare, where only some names in the zone are proxied, then eventually malicious bots will walk your zone and find your origin IP address and go to it directly, circumventing CF's proxies.  This then requires back-verification where the origin asks CF if this is from their proxy.

In some setups, Anubis is a lot simpler.  But it has its own set of drawbacks - mostly that old, slow devices will sit at the challenge for noticeable time.

Anubis is also open source.
 

Offline ataradov

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 12470
  • Country: us
    • Personal site
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 02:19:29 am »
I have not been bot checked all day today. Previous days it was basically every refresh. I'm on VPN.

But I noticed another behavior. If I have a fully loaded forum page open for some time in a tab, it switches to loading state (icon changes to hourglass) and it looks like it is stuck at loading "cdnsjs.clouflare.com". It goes back to normal on refresh until it does that again a few minutes later.
Alex
 
The following users thanked this post: EEVblog

Offline Randy222

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1803
  • Country: ca
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 02:59:59 am »
It's basically AI vs AI. If the security controls is ran or developed mostly by a Claude model, but clients have it too, who outsmarts who?
Glasswing proves it.
 

Online IanB

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 13084
  • Country: us
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 03:16:06 am »
And then suddenly I got a Bad Gateway error out of nowhere. But it went away.
 

Online 5U4GB

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1743
  • Country: au
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 03:20:29 am »
Not seeing anything now in regards to verification banners or popups, so if there is some kind of Captcha present I am not seeing it.   :phew:
Windows 10 and Firefox with uBlock Origin, no VPN.

Mine's even more locked down, NoScript and cookies etc cleared between sessions, so far no extra verification.

And for other Firefox users, browser.nova.enabled = false.
 

Offline tatel

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 860
  • Country: es
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 03:57:51 am »
Not today. Until yesterday, frequent cloudflare tests.

Linux/Firefox
 

Offline Psi

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 12634
  • Country: nz
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 04:05:52 am »
Not today. Until yesterday, frequent cloudflare tests.

+1
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)
 

Offline the Chris

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 238
  • Country: de
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 05:04:23 am »
Today is fine, didn't see any CF checks yet. Until yesterday, I often was caught in what I would describe as a Cloudflare Loop, with getting from one check directly into the other, endlessly.
 

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 42251
  • Country: au
    • EEVblog
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 05:05:03 am »
Not today. Until yesterday, frequent cloudflare tests.

+1

That's my experience too.
 

Online krish2487

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 786
  • Country: dk
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 06:04:23 am »
I too can confirm I have seen something similar to @ataradov 's observation.
Though, in my case its not a fully loaded forum page.. I have seen this throughout yesterday, if I refreshed the forum pages ( any pages), it would never load fully.. i.e on firefox, I did never see the "refresh page" button load, it was perenially stuck in the "cancel action" or whatever such button... cancelling and refreshing didnt fix anything. it was still never loading fully.
However, that did not affect the browsing or any other navigation on the page itself..

Scratch that.. its the same cdnjs.cloudflare problem..

Though, that is not the case today. :-) The pages load completely now.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:09:20 am by krish2487 »
If god made us in his image,
and we are this stupid
then....
 

Offline paul cotter

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 730
  • Country: ie
  • retired but still get called upon occasionally
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 07:06:04 am »
I am getting this annoying process too. I am not using a vpn. It was difficult to answer the poll as no category was an accurate description. It has not happened today, yet, but it often happens repeatedly during a session- for example it might happen on logging in and then again if I post a reply.
 

Offline thm_w

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 9807
  • Country: ca
  • Non-expert
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 11:27:36 pm »
No verification, No VPN.

I am getting this annoying process too. I am not using a vpn. It was difficult to answer the poll as no category was an accurate description. It has not happened today, yet, but it often happens repeatedly during a session- for example it might happen on logging in and then again if I post a reply.

The point is he's changed the settings today, so your experience should change.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures
 

Online 5U4GB

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1743
  • Country: au
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #19 on: Today at 04:55:00 am »
From an incredibly unscientific and small-sample-size scan of responses, it looks like locals aren't being checked so much while overseas posters are?
 

Online Halcyon

  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6806
  • Country: au
Re: IMPORTANT POLL: Are you getting Human Verified on the forum?
« Reply #20 on: Today at 05:39:40 am »
I haven't seen it today, but previously, I would get the prompt, but it would proceed without me doing anything. Not sure if that's just my browser (Brave), but the "tick" gets populated automatically.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->