Author Topic: [Apparently solved...]"Kinps" KP-S010 "10,000mAh" power bank with weird symptoms  (Read 1126 times)

Offline etiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
Hi there.

I have had this "kinps KP-S010" 10,000mAh power bank for about 2 years. It's hardly been used. When you plug it in to charge, there's four blue LEDs which indicate charge level - either shown constantly when charging, or remaining capacity is approx. indicated when in use, by pressing the "reset"(?) button (the positions of the LEDs are denoted by red lines in my photo - attached) - it's worked fine for those two years, but when I plugged in to charge, yesterday, NO signs of life whatsoever were exhibited - and now - only the far-right blue LED (near the reset button in the photo) is blinking VERY faintly indeed, and it doesn't seem to be receiving a charge properly.

I took the front fascia off, and desoldered the (+) positive wire fron the Li-Poly cell inside to the USB board, left it a few seconds and re-soldered it. It's still just sitting there blinking VERY VERY faintly - I've pressed the "reset"(?)  button numerous times, tried myriad micro USB cables and USB power adaptors, to no avail.

I noticed, by the way, that there's an IC on the board labelled "SLM6550" which doesn't bring up a whole lot on Google tbh.

If anyone can offer some advice as to how to revive this young power bank, I feel it has a lot more life yet to live :)

Thank you! Take care, keep well.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:47:06 pm by eti »

Offline etiTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
Re: "Kinps" KP-S010 "10,000mAh" power bank with weird symptoms
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 11:46:20 pm »
Update:

Not to worry kids, it seems to have "magically" fixed itself, having been plugged in most of the evening for the last 2-3 nights; the LEDs are now back to full brightness when flashing, and it appears to be holding charge well. }

Thanks for stopping by, have a safe trip home.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf