Author Topic: L@@king for Cloud Storage! Easy Sharing, Easy Backup, Fast! Help?  (Read 267 times)

Offline NeedsPracticeTopic starter

• Contributor
Hello,

I know there are a couple of threads out there about this but nothing very detailed. I have checked YouTube, official websites, and checked pricing. I am looking for something kind of special and I am not sure if it exists. It may not.

What I want is something like Idrive with an Amazon Photos flare to it. I want to backup everything I have to the cloud and then be able to share it with ease. i.e. picture or video. (not necessarly need an account to view the file, however this is not a deal breaker) I also want decent speeds and for everything to not run like a turtle.

I have heard that Idrive is great however, they are slow? Is this true? I like Amazon Photos, free unlimited photo storage if you have prime. However, for non-photos i.e. videos and other storage concerns their "cloud storage" can get expensive fast.

Anyone found the perfect solution?

-fast
-great pricing, however not too worried about this
-incredible sharing capabilities
-updated designed, doesn't feel like I'm in the 90's when using the software
-please fill me in on other great benefits not listed here if needed

P.S. I have (8) 8TB drives I will already be backing up everything to locally (copied twice). However, I want cloud storage in case house burns down.

Look forward to hearing all of the solutions!

Thanks!

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Re: L@@king for Cloud Storage! Easy Sharing, Easy Backup, Fast! Help?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 07:47:00 pm »
I would consider separating sharing and backup. For backup I personally use www.rsync.net. There is no UI, it is just a server with storage. You point a backup tool at it and it just does its thing. Most of the files I need backed up, I never want to share.

For sharing I use whatever is appropriate for the stuff I want to share. Most of the time I just use my email provider's (fastmail) sharing thingy. It is not fancy, but does the job.
Alex

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf