Author Topic: Lunar Heifer Dust - Vist World's Oldest Clock For Just £100m  (Read 1208 times)

Offline SgtRockTopic starter

• Supporter
Greetings EEVBees:

--I do not know why things space related, cause reporters to lose all sense of proportion, but they always have and I guess they always will. I remember when Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin orbited the earth, the TV reporters were yammering on about how; "It's like Columbus Discovering the New World.", when it was more like Homo Erectus putting his toe in a mud puddle. See the below article, from the Financial Times for the latest overblown hype, then, as a cure, go read "The Man Who Sold The Moon" by R. Heinlein.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f5af9e2a-ba21-11e1-aa8d-00144feabdc0.html

"Excalibur Almaz will charge wannabe astronauts an average of £100m for a six-eight month journey exploring deep space."

--Six to eight months, huh, are the going to walk there? So now the Moon is in Deep Space, or maybe they plan to visit Mars first, go figure.

“It is like how private British companies led expeditions to the South Pacific in the 17th century,” said Art Dula, founder of Excalibur Almaz. “We’ve just gone from seafaring to spacefaring.”

--Actually, it would be more like rowing across to the Isle of Man in a coracle, for the umpteenth time. Not only haven't they fared anywhere yet, the haven't gotten off the ground yet, and I doubt this particular enterprise ever will.

"The company also hopes to drive revenues by emblazoning adverts across its space station...including government astronauts from countries like China – to rent the space station."

--Build it, and the will come. I smell a TV Reality Series in the making. Please read the entire article, it is a hoot.

"The mission is to find habitable life in space"
Kate McCrae (Yvette Mimieux) From Disney's "The Black Hole" 1979

Best Regards
Clear Ether

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf