Author Topic: MATLAB, Mathematica & Maple demonstration suggestions.  (Read 2637 times)

Offline yoshikiTopic starter

• Contributor
MATLAB, Mathematica & Maple demonstration suggestions.
« on: January 15, 2010, 02:49:17 am »
So one of my teachers asked me to make a little demonstration of some of the basic & advanced
things you can do using this 3 pieces of software I think I know them well but I want to know what
would you like to see in a demonstration like this. I was thinking in teaching how to do the basic
signal processing algorithms, some graphs, some animations & a little tutorial on how to import
data from BIOPAC, this Demonstration is adressed to BME students, so any suggestion is greatly
appreciated.

What would you like to see?

&

Would it be too much to make a little manual of the basic & most common used functions? (this
would be a short manual just for future reference for the audience).

Machina

Re: MATLAB, Mathematica & Maple demonstration suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 06:46:15 pm »
Its been many years since I was in Engineering school, however as a student, I would probably like to see it solve differential equations from my last applied PDE or boundary value problems course. You know, they ones you sweat over in the final exams. It would be cool to see some of those problems solved symbolically in Mathematica or Maple.

Offline joelby

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 01:06:55 pm »
I was pretty pleased when I discovered that you could get Matlab to compute indefinite integrals. This simplified uni maths assignments a great deal.. or at least made it possible to check your work!

Offline yoshikiTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 10:15:04 pm »
Those are great suggestions, I didn't even think on that I have even one idea, since
MATLAB lacks of symbolic representation, I am thinking on solving an DE & then
export it into Maple with the Maple Toolbox for MATLAB, I just have to make that
thing work correctly, I guess it is going to probably look great.

Thanks any other suggestion is greatly appreciated, the presentation is going to be
next thursday, I'll let you guys know the details.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf