Author Topic: MiniPro TL866 Programmer & PIC  (Read 10297 times)

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
Re: MiniPro TL866 Programmer & PIC
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2019, 10:17:50 am »
The software from the programmer has a button as seen above, that says ID. This reads the hex ID of any chip that displays it. The fact that it doesn't work on these PICs is the first step in communication. If that fails, the the rest is pointless.

Quote from: malagas_on_fire on Today at 18:24:38
That is correct it has its proprietary software... The 16F876 used to work on the propic2 but don't have a parallel port or a converter.
But the problem is reading? are these new parts? Can you erase and then read it? try this...

The best shot that i  have is pickit 2 / 3 for testing the 16F876 and 16F876A in PDIP.

Oopss missed the part where you said it refuses to ID the chip, so sorry for the advice. pickit 2 is detecting the pic16F876A without any issues, it erases. I believe the propic2 used to have 18v to flash the 16F876 / 16F876A as an example. it was also suitable for 18Fx52 MCU's
If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Online oPossum

• Super Contributor
  • Very dangerous - may attack at any time
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2019, 11:53:40 am »
Programmed a 16F877A successfully.

I have noticed that the TL866 may not work properly when using a USB hub, so connect it directly to the computer to ensure reliable operation.

Offline Quarlo KlobrigneyTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2019, 01:09:25 pm »
I tried another USB port and it can do all functions on the DIP 876 & 877. :-[ Good call.

However, I still cannot see the 877 in the PLCC package. It comes up as ID 00. :palm:
So much for short lived happiness....
To reiterate from waaaaaay back before I confused my own internal logic, the adapter I made is pin name for pin name straight through connected.
I will offer a picture in a bit. I have to go into the village right now.

Thanks for setting me straight on th USB issue.
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2019, 04:42:52 pm »
Watch out if you're plug in a USB 3.0. Try a usb2.0 dedicated porta. About the plcc package try add decoupling caps in the vdd/vss pins and tied them with sites.
If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Offline Quarlo KlobrigneyTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2019, 08:24:37 pm »
I'll call it SOLVED for now. The programmer just can't recognise the PLCC to DIP adapter through the DIP socket. All I needed was to be able to program the 877 PLCC version which I can now do that the TL866 is finally working due to a bad version of 6.71 that was installed. Thanks for everyone's help.
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf