Author Topic: NEOM linear WEF/Technocracy city , latest crap building project the sect doing.  (Read 1311 times)

Online MTTopic starter

• Super Contributor
The city are supposedly to be 170km long, 200m wide and 500m high holding 9million people. The 500m high walls are supposedly to be plastered with mirrors.
The project cost was first estimated to be 500billion USD but now estimated to 1000billion USD and increasing.
Obviously built using copious amount of fossil fuels but supposedly going to be powered by wind mills and solar panels.

It have been decided by the project owners that those who going to be living there (in the closed community "Saudi Vision 2030 agenda" supremacy city state) are going to be called NEOMians!
Perhaps Neomians are the new singularity super race? Musk-brain-chipped-transgender-bend'ed-multi-genital-woke-climate-change-neo-liberal-bug-eating-you-will-own-nothing
-and-will-be-happy-morons or something, who knows. 

You can invest in Neom:
https://www.neom.com/en-us/regions/theline

Financial times 2 years ago:

Architect Leon Krier looks at Linear Super City NEOM project.
https://odysee.com/@ukcolumn:9/LeonKrierlooksatLinearSuperCityNEOM:7

Quad copter video from building site accompanied by WEF/New World Order/Technocracy sect music to support this grandiose project.

Andrew McEvoy, head of tourism at Neom city say's:
Alcohol is definitely not off the table. We need to be competitive, and to do that, we have to match what competing destinations are offering
Plans includes, totally car free, underground high speed train, "flying taxis" , classes taught by holographic teachers and an "artificial moon".

He then goes on saying:
Neom will be treated as its own state, separate from the rules that govern the rest of Saudi Arabia.
This will make it more appealing to people considering relocating there, as well as tourists.

“It’s an appealing destination to a lot of people because it’s a chance to help create a new country almost completely from scratch,” he said.
“It’s fantastic career motivation and there is the backing from the Public Investment Fund to make sure it happens.

:popcorn:

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
Yeah, pretty horrific.

They all seem to have a "2030 agenda" these days.

Offline Infraviolet

• Super Contributor
The flaws with a line city are just so glaringly obvious:

1.Failure of the transport links at one point, pod railways or whatever else they use along the line could effectively be knocked out for the whole city due to failures in one small section. Even with several in parallel they'd all run close together so localised damage of some form could easily affect all parallel lines. With the lack of cars, and as a linear shape means things are much further apart than if distributed across a 2D plane means most places people need to travel between will be outside walking radius, the city will be extraordinarily dependent on that all-too-easily-single-point-failed linear public transport infrastructure.

2.Fires, it would be all to easy for fire to spread in that sort of dense 3D (at the small scale) city, outward from the originating point to encompass a block slice of the line, and then later spreading along the line's length, and a lot of the fire would be inaccessible to firefighters who would only be able to reach the ends of it, with all the burning mass at the core able to keep burning and reignite anything at the ends which was temporarily extinguished.

3.Surveillance, all too easy to monitor every movement of every person when all movements are to be along the city. And being freshly built they'd have the opportunity to embed cameras and microhpones everywhere, including undoubtedly hidden ones in the sections assigned as "homes". No doubt plenty of the line city's backers are the kind of scum who see this as a benefit not a flaw.

Not to mention 4.Cost, any short section of this will cost as a much as a skyscraper, you could build far more city, for far more people and containing far more space for economic activity, by putting this colossal amount of money in to a normal city layout.

P.S. are we really sure that the drone footage isn't just them building a railway embankment or airport runway as part of a more conventional city building programme? Particularly on account of point 4, the idea people would even attempt to build that line city is hard to believe.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 06:01:51 pm by Infraviolet »

Online MTTopic starter

• Super Contributor
As predicted by many of engineers and economists a massive pullback on the entire project by Saudi gov. https://thecradle.co/articles-id/24316
“The pullback on The Line comes as the kingdom’s sovereign wealth fund has yet to approve Neom’s budget for 2024,” Bloomberg writes, citing unnamed sources familiar with the matter.
“It shows that the financial realities of the trillions of dollars of investment are starting to cause concern at the highest levels of the Saudi government

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
This project is not well planned, but many of the objections have real solutions, or are just not well thought out

For example, walkability. The volume within walking/elevator distance of any segment of such a building should support the needs of its inhabitants (shopping, work entertainment as well as any horizontally arranged city.  Longer trips would only be required for vacations or conferences or similar activity.

Fire safety is an issue, and solutions are not difficult at design time.  But retrofit would be expensive and disaster would follow if measures are not taken

It isn't obvious to me that the total cost of ownership would be greatly different.  Parking structures, roads, air pollution and such often are ignored when costing conventional cities.

But to repeat, the idea is bold, expensive and has drawbacks.  But seems at least potentially doable.  There is little evidence that NOAM is on a viable path to implementation of the idea.

Online Haenk

• Super Contributor
Who would ever want to live there?
I mean, I like opening the windows in the morning for some fresh air, I like sitting in the garden and taming my mowing robot. Shopping means a short walk in the fresh air and if it rains, I have other options.
To me, this building looks like a mausoleum for undead people.
And a gigantic waste of resources.

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
Who would ever want to live there?
I mean, I like opening the windows in the morning for some fresh air, I like sitting in the garden and taming my mowing robot. Shopping means a short walk in the fresh air and if it rains, I have other options.
To me, this building looks like a mausoleum for undead people.
And a gigantic waste of resources.

Fresh air is not a desirable thing in many parts of the world for many parts of the year.  Saudi Arabia is a world leader in this attribute.  And unless you want the world population as a neighbor, suggesting they move to a better clime isn't  the solution

Offline jonpaul

• Super Contributor
just another Governmnet pipe dream like EVs, COVID, MMT, etc.

T$ wasted, destruction of economy.

j
Jean-Paul  the Internet Dinosaur

Online tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
500m high. So the issue with high building is, the higher it gets, the more of the core of the building is used up by elevators.
https://buildingtheskyline.org/skyscraper-bottlenecks-i/
Add in plumbing, air circulation, emergency walkways, and you already wasted away significant cross-section of your building.
Never mind the high speed train and all the other engineering issues, where are you going to order tens of thousands of elevators? And then comes the idiocy of building this in a desert, and then worrying about the footprint of it, instead of making it ie 2km wide.

Online Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
Add in plumbing
Well, Dubai has no sewer system: they use tanker trucks to haul it away.

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
Add in plumbing

Is that so? That sounds very environmentally-friendly! :-DD

Online Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
Add in plumbing

Is that so? That sounds very environmentally-friendly! :-DD
See Sanitation in Dubai Wikipedia article.  They're building one, but it doesn't cover the whole city yet.  Burj Khalifa isn't connected to a municipal sewage system, they truck it to a treatment plant.

Most of the problem is being at sea level and how to do reliable piping in shifting sands, though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf