Author Topic: Oldest free energy hat trick in the book ..  (Read 15867 times)

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
Re: Oldest free energy hat trick in the book ..
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2015, 12:03:29 pm »
So, what exactly is the regenerative drive system recapturing in this case?  The aircraft's speed isn't changing, and so the KE stored in it's mass is constant.

It is not about the a/c's speed. It is about the rotor's rotational energy. Your motors wouldn't spin at a constant speed, sometimes it will need to spin down. In those instances, you can apply regen on that motor.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 01:50:20 pm »
So, what exactly is the regenerative drive system recapturing in this case?  The aircraft's speed isn't changing, and so the KE stored in it's mass is constant.

It is not about the a/c's speed. It is about the rotor's rotational energy. Your motors wouldn't spin at a constant speed, sometimes it will need to spin down. In those instances, you can apply regen on that motor.

I don't think there is any braking system involved in spinning down, it has so little mass and so much air resistance that the moment you let go of the speed stick it stops spinning (and drops out of the air...) Did you ever fly a quadcopter? I'm sure you'd have noticed this.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline cyr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 02:46:16 pm »

I don't think there is any braking system involved in spinning down, it has so little mass and so much air resistance that the moment you let go of the speed stick it stops spinning (and drops out of the air...) Did you ever fly a quadcopter? I'm sure you'd have noticed this.

Active braking is sometimes used, and even regenerative braking. The purpose is the make the craft more agile and lessen the heat loss in the speed controllers. It won't magically give you hours of flight time though.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 01:57:00 am »
Here he is on Shark Tank:
http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/shark-tank/season-1/episode-2
(about 15min in, beware ads)

One of the worst sales pitches I've ever seen!
The guy clearly has no clue what he is doing or confidence in his technology!
When called out on the BS, he had no answer.

n45048

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 02:28:44 am »
Here he is on Shark Tank:
http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/shark-tank/season-1/episode-2
(about 15min in, beware ads)

One of the worst sales pitches I've ever seen!
The guy clearly has no clue what he is doing or confidence in his technology!
When called out on the BS, he had no answer.

Gawd, even I felt uncomfortable for him! He clearly has a lot of homework to do! I'll give him that he has a way with words, but the investors are smarter.

Even at the end he states "I'm still very convinced that the drone will be a complete game changer...", yes, it probably will be, just not his drone.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:32:13 am by Halon »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2015, 03:07:34 am »
Gawd, even I felt uncomfortable for him! He clearly has a lot of homework to do! I'll give him that he has a way with words, but the investors are smarter.

A way with words? Did you watch the same video I did?  :o

n45048

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2015, 05:06:54 am »

A way with words? Did you watch the same video I did?  :o

Oh he wasn't smart about it. He comes across as the sort of person that thinks if he omits details, people won't notice.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2015, 05:11:12 am »
Oh he wasn't smart about it. He comes across as the sort of person that thinks if he omits details, people won't notice.

Ah, yes, like almost every detail about his invention and technology  :palm:
It was incredibly embarrassing to watch!
I thought that any free energy nutter that got to this point being on such a TV show would at least have a slick presentation and weasel comebacks. This guy was beyond hopeless.
The good thing is he's so bad no one will ever give him money.

n45048

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 05:19:09 am »
I loved the look on his face when the panel asked him if the model he brought with him actually worked.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf