Author Topic: Open Source Oscilloscope Graphics: Osci-Render  (Read 837 times)

Offline TomKattTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Open Source Oscilloscope Graphics: Osci-Render
« on: June 27, 2022, 02:36:44 pm »
Hi all - new to the forum and a quick search didn't reveal any prior posts about this, so I figured I'd toss it out there for anyone else interested in XY scope visualization...  Osci-Render is a cross platform open source software project that provides in depth control of scope vector graphics including the ability to import 3D object files created by various CAD programs.  The program uses your computer soundcard to generate signals that can be displayed on a scope.  There is also some kind of "virtual oscilloscope" webpage that I imagine is supposed to display the graphics but I think my adblocker or firewall is preventing proper operation, so YMMV on the virtual scope...  BUT real scopes work as expected.

As a vector graphics nerd this is among the best apps I've discovered for this kind of thing.  I have no affiliation with the project.

Enjoy!

https://github.com/jameshball/osci-render

" alt="" class="bbc_img" />

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a PIC

The following users thanked this post: tom66, Wolfram, bd139, SiliconWizard, jameshball

Offline jameshball

Re: Open Source Oscilloscope Graphics: Osci-Render
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 11:49:29 am »
Hi! I'm James the developer of osci-render - made an account to reply to this :)

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you're making good use of it! I wanted to reply to try and work out why you're having issues with the browser-based software oscilloscope. First thing I'd check is that if you're on Mac OS, try using Google Chrome or Firefox instead of Safari as I've seen people have issues with that in the past. I should add a disclaimer to the website for this!

If that's not the issue it would be great if you could give some more details so I can try and get this fixed :)

Thanks!

The following users thanked this post: tom66, BravoV, newbrain

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf