Author Topic: PERTH - anyone interested in a FREE box of old books?  (Read 792 times)

Offline DTJTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
PERTH - anyone interested in a FREE box of old books?
« on: May 07, 2021, 04:58:42 am »
I've got a big box of old books;

Electronics text books
Some physics / chem / maths calculus texts
Some hobbyist type electronics cook books
A few data books

They're dated but the fundamentals don't change. Anyone interested in taking them.

Pickup from south of the river near Fremantle.

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
Re: PERTH - anyone interested in a FREE box of old books?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 03:30:55 pm »
Is there any chance you could separate out just the Electronics related ones including data books, box them and post them?
I'm in Sydney, would pay postage.

Edit to add:
Speaking of giving away a box of books...
I recently saved a pile of Chinese language books from being binned. Can't stand to see books destroyed.
I'm told by a Chinese neighbor of mine, that they are a wide range of topics, from famous Chinese historical works, through poetry, well-known literature, to kung fu novels.
Pics of them all here: http://everist.org/pics/books/
I'm hoping to find someone who'd appreciate these and enjoy reading them. Obviously I can't read Chinese and never will be able to, much as I wish I could. (And btw, now I know the meaning of the sequence ordering pictorgrams and realise I arranged volumes out of order in the photos.)

Anyway, these are free to a good home. Preferably pickup in Sydney Sth area, but I could post them if necessary. All in one lot, no selections.
The only condition is you have to convince me you can read Chinese, and will cherish and preserve them. No cutting them apart to scan them then binning the remnants. People who do that are barbarians.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 03:49:18 pm by TerraHertz »
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline DTJTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 05:30:14 am »
Hi TerraHertz, maybe... I'd much rather just have someone local take the problem away for me.

Posting is super expensive - I'm posing a 13kg parcel locally at the moment and Aus Post want $50~  !!!
You'd be forking out for books you probably won't want.  :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 05:41:39 am by DTJ »

Offline harerod

• Frequent Contributor
  • ee - digital & analog
    • My services:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 10:06:13 pm »
Guys, I would love to help you out. Perth to Sydney in a campervan is very high on my bucket list.
Unfortunately my travel plans are put on hold for the time being. Looking forward to better days. :(

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 03:06:50 am »
Hi TerraHertz, maybe... I'd much rather just have someone local take the problem away for me.

Well failing that, I'm still interested.

Posting is super expensive - I'm posing a 13kg parcel locally at the moment and Aus Post want $50~  !!!

Heh, I gather you haven't paid freight on any large heavy boxes from USA to Australia lately?  $50 pfft.
Also, it might be better to get a quote from DHL/TNT.

You'd be forking out for books you probably won't want.  :)

On the contrary, old electronics books I _do_ want. Think personal historical archive/library. One that actually preserves old books, as opposed to destroying them as soon as no one is watching. (What a lot of libraries actually do.)
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline DTJTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
All sorted and gone to a local. Thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf