Author Topic: SPACEX - Last Block 4 launch and first passenger Cimon  (Read 893 times)

Offline chris_leysonTopic starter

• Super Contributor
SPACEX - Last Block 4 launch and first passenger Cimon
« on: June 30, 2018, 09:21:08 pm »
Last launch for the Falcon 9 Block 4. Been watching rocket launches for 50 years and this stuff never gets boring. Well done SPACEX  :-+ First crewed flight, SpX-DM2, is scheduled for December 2018. First crewed flight for Boeing ST-100 Startliner, BoE-CFT, has been delayed. I supose this lauch has one "crew member", Cimon, Crew Interactive Mobile Companion. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44655675. "An "offline" button has been designed for Cimon, which allows German astronaut Alexander Gerst to avoid having audio streamed to servers on Earth during moments of privacy" Just a much bigger version of Alexa then, hardly AI. With 14 fans to move it around you would think it came with unicorn farts built in because it's probably quite smelly on the ISS :palm:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:50:37 pm by chris_leyson »

The following users thanked this post: IanMacdonald

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
Re: SPACEX - Last Block 4 launch and first passenger Cimon
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 12:15:16 am »
With 14 fans to move it around you would think it came with unicorn farts built in because it's probably quite smelly on the ISS :palm:

Except NASA actually has a "Chief sniffer" (yes, it's a real job) to prevent smelly stuff going into space.  After all, it's not as if they can open a window for a fresh breeze.

Offline BrianHG

• Super Contributor
Re: SPACEX - Last Block 4 launch and first passenger Cimon
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 12:21:24 am »
With 14 fans to move it around you would think it came with unicorn farts built in because it's probably quite smelly on the ISS :palm:

Except NASA actually has a "Chief sniffer" (yes, it's a real job) to prevent smelly stuff going into space.  After all, it's not as if they can open a window for a fresh breeze.
:o Thanks.  You made my day.  And I see it must be true.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf