Author Topic: Spotted this and had to share.  (Read 23844 times)

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
Re: Spotted this and had to share.
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2013, 07:52:12 pm »
What the hell is going on behind that speaker? It looks like a woodworkers clamp on some small piece of equipment?  :-DD

Dude get a life! You are making up bullshit to make yourself feel good about blowing untold amounts of money on quackery. Show me scientific measurements of the sound difference at the speaker input with and without expensive A/C power cables and I'll believe at least part of your B.S. Oh I know - you don't have any objective evidence. Stupid man.

Yeah I'd like to hook a scope up to these systems and see peoples faces when there is no difference between the signals. I'd also love to hear the BS they make up to try and justify it still afterwards.

An audiophile is immune to such things. They would simply claim they've invested more money in their equipment than your scope was worth.
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2013, 08:56:51 pm »
Yeah, but ya gotta admit, he does have a nice scarf.... >:D

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2013, 09:07:45 pm »
Yeah, but ya gotta admit, he does have a nice scarf.... >:D

It's rather like the cyanide pills that spies supposedly carried - he wears that so he has a noose handy for when he reaches bullshit overload and finally goes insane. Wouldn't want to use the power cords - they're too expensive to risk damage!
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline calexanian

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2013, 10:26:01 pm »
What the hell is going on behind that speaker? It looks like a woodworkers clamp on some small piece of equipment?  :-DD

Dude get a life! You are making up bullshit to make yourself feel good about blowing untold amounts of money on quackery. Show me scientific measurements of the sound difference at the speaker input with and without expensive A/C power cables and I'll believe at least part of your B.S. Oh I know - you don't have any objective evidence. Stupid man.

Yeah I'd like to hook a scope up to these systems and see peoples faces when there is no difference between the signals. I'd also love to hear the BS they make up to try and justify it still afterwards.

An audiophile is immune to such things. They would simply claim they've invested more money in their equipment than your scope was worth.

I have had conversations with Laurie Fincham the president of engineering at THX about how crazy these people really are. All bullshit. Yes, I can take an old transformer, some cheap ON semiconductor transistors (I like that new MJE1503* series of drivers, and the new big power ones, so easy to drive) a handful of cheap passives, some wire, a veroboard, and some heatsinks, and get every bit as good of numbers as your $10,000 monoblock amp.
Charles Alexanian
Alex-Tronix Control Systems

Offline BBQ

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2013, 11:05:06 pm »
How about the CD sound improver?  O0

http://www.audiodesksysteme.de/index.php?kat=10_17_6

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2013, 11:07:02 pm »
And for only $7000, you can have a plastic power strip.

It keep the soundstage from collapsing and adds octaves to the speakers, plus it rounds your harmonic spread and integrates the harmonies.

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2013, 11:17:52 pm »
And for only $7000, you can have a plastic power strip.

It keep the soundstage from collapsing and adds octaves to the speakers, plus it rounds your harmonic spread and integrates the harmonies.

Oh my gawd. His bullshit doesn't end.

So what if that power strip is the best one ever made? Your wall is full of the same old romex as any other place. That last few feet of $7000 wire ain't gonna make a shit a bit of difference.  :wtf:

Oh keep the videos coming folks - it's at least cheap entertainment.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2013, 11:18:28 pm »
Or even better, how about these "chips"?  They are "pieces of synthetic material that can be fixed to audio components and cables", which I think is a fancy way of saying they're plastic stickers.

http://kempelektroniks.com/Accessoires/WA-Quantum-Chips-(1).aspx

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2013, 11:21:38 pm »
I wonder whether this twat is lying to himself, or to us. "It felt like I added an extra octave"... |O |O |O

Offline Fsck

• Super Contributor
  • sleep deprived
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2013, 11:25:42 pm »
Or even better, how about these "chips"?  They are "pieces of synthetic material that can be fixed to audio components and cables", which I think is a fancy way of saying they're plastic stickers.

http://kempelektroniks.com/Accessoires/WA-Quantum-Chips-(1).aspx

A full refund will be granted only if the Chips are returned without any damage. In particular, the sheet at the back should be in place. The Chips can be given a first try by placing them on a component with the back sheet still in place.

that made me laugh.  :-DD
"This is a one line proof...if we start sufficiently far to the left."

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2013, 11:30:23 pm »
Oh I got your acrylic beat here. How about a Granite power distributor!  :-DD

This guy is even more delusional than the other dumbass - believe it or not. Listen to the crap flow from his lips.

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2013, 11:30:45 pm »
This chip can be fixed anywhere on an audio grade fuse

An audio grade fuse. :palm:

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2013, 11:32:52 pm »
Oh I got your acrylic beat here. How about a Granite power distributor!  :-DD

This guy is even more delusional than the other dumbass - believe it or not. Listen to the crap flow from his lips.

It took him until 0:45 to explain what a power strip is - I wouldn't call that crap flowing from his lips, more like glooping out like somewhat sticky diarrhea...

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2013, 11:40:09 pm »
Well guys and gals there's money to be made here and plenty of it to go around. Where does it end? Apparently you can dream up any imaginary audiophile piece of magic bullshit and the suckers will hand you literally thousands of bucks for it - if ... if ... you can find a bullshitter to do the videos.

Why stop at just the equipment. I'd go full bore and start designing audiophile houses. And, I'd charge plenty of bucks for one. I mean, the walls shall be insulated with nano particles and the wiring will be gold plated vibration resistant superconductors.  :-/O

Offline Fsck

• Super Contributor
  • sleep deprived
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2013, 11:44:09 pm »
Well guys and gals there's money to be made here and plenty of it to go around. Where does it end? Apparently you can dream up any imaginary audiophile piece of magic bullshit and the suckers will hand you literally thousands of bucks for it - if ... if ... you can find a bullshitter to do the videos.

Why stop at just the equipment. I'd go full bore and start designing audiophile houses. And, I'd charge plenty of bucks for one. I mean, the walls shall be insulated with nano particles and the wiring will be gold plated vibration resistant superconductors.  :-/O

in theory, you could make a house with a bunch of anechoic chambers as audiophile rooms.

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2013, 11:53:42 pm »
in theory, you could make a house with a bunch of anechoic chambers as audiophile rooms.

Exactly! But you got to keep going. Take it farther. What are you going to make the sound absorbers out of? Make it some sort of exotic material (with nanoparticles too). You have to take the magic all the way to make it sell for more money.

Offline Fsck

• Super Contributor
  • sleep deprived
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2013, 11:55:32 pm »

Exactly! But you got to keep going. Take it farther. What are you going to make the sound absorbers out of? Make it some sort of exotic material (with nanoparticles too). You have to take the magic all the way to make it sell for more money.

though, I actually want an anechoic chamber in my dream house.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2013, 11:58:36 pm »
What are you going to make the sound absorbers out of? Make it some sort of exotic material (with nanoparticles too).

That granite power strip could contain a $5 plastic strip from Walmart with the pretty housing slapped on top, as long as you couldn't tell by looking at the outside. If you demonstrate that to them after they try it out, these nincompoops would just make something up about how the housing itself affects the resonance of the vibration dampening and rounds the harmonics by filtering the noise and purifying the quality. Noise floor!

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2013, 12:00:15 am »

Sure, that's something you can make objective measurements on ...

Oh shit. That won't fly for audiophiles. It has to be magic. No measurements allowed.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2013, 12:01:04 am »

Sure, that's something you can make objective measurements on ...

Oh shit. That won't fly for audiophiles. It has to be magic. No measurements allowed.

Stick a small wooden square off-center on one wall and say that tunes it. Problem solved!

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2013, 12:03:46 am »

Well, if you go back a couple of pages, you'll see that I made my house out of kevlar impregnated acoustic foam.  The carbon nano-particles go on the cables, not the house.

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2013, 12:05:12 am »
Stick a small wooden square off-center on one wall and say that tunes it. Problem solved!

Hmmm. Not bad c4757p. I'd make it out of some exotic African wood though.

With nanoparticles <-- nearly forgot!

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2013, 12:17:03 am »
No no, you're spoiling the wood now! Wires need nanoparticles added to balance out the impurities, but leaving wood pure allows you to hear the natural, round harmonics of the material.* Though it should probably be attached to the wall with proper hide glue, you wouldn't want the chemicals in an artificial adhesive to restrict the sound stage. Make it from Grenadilla, this is used in clarinets to help focus the resonance and would do quite nicely in a home to tune an acoustic listening chamber.

*Audiophools don't care that this is technically adding distortion, they think everything has its own characteristic sound.

I just projectile vomited after writing this. I should probably stop before the diarrhea, severe pain and sudden death come.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:20:37 am by c4757p »

Offline N2IXK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2013, 01:08:44 am »
My favorite "One Stop Shop" for audiophoolery has to be Machina Dynamica:

http://www.machinadynamica.com/

Bags of rocks that "absorb negative acoustics", little copper foil slivers to stick on your windows, "Dark Matter" CD varnish, exotic wood vibration isolators, etc.

A close runner-up:

http://www.altmann.haan.de/tubeolator/default.htm
"My favorite programming language is...SOLDER!"--Robert A. Pease

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2013, 01:13:02 am »
My favorite "One Stop Shop" for audiophoolery has to be Machina Dynamica:

Oh dear.

Please tell me that's a joke site. It's a joke website right? Please say yes.  :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf