Author Topic: The Calculator Wars: A video history of Japan's electronic industry (Part 3  (Read 857 times)

Offline Alex EisenhutTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.

YouTube recommended this to me and besides being pretty cool, you get to see a circa 1980 assembly line for calculators. Sweeeeet!
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.

The following users thanked this post: ANTALIFE, RoGeorge, BrianHG, fourtytwo42, I wanted a rude username, S. Petrukhin

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
Thanks for sharing, that was a very interesting retro documentary to watch. We take so much for granted today and quickly forget how hard these giants worked before us to get us here. Those retro-commercials were also hilarious!
YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
Nice, thanks.   :D

All the 4 parts of the documentary "A video history of Japan's electronic industry":
Birth of The Transistor (Part 1)
Circuits in stone (Part 2)
The Calculator Wars (Part 3)
The technologial giant of the micron world (Part 4)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 06:11:27 pm by RoGeorge »

The following users thanked this post: tooki, HobGoblyn

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Nice, thanks.   :D

All the 4 parts of the documentary "A video history of Japan's electronic industry":
Birth of The Transistor (Part 1)
Circuits in stone (Part 2)
The Calculator Wars (Part 3)
The technologial giant of the micron world (Part 4)
I watched those a few years ago, great series. Probably about time to watch them again!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf