Author Topic: Vaccine  (Read 29089 times)

Offline Terry BitesTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Recovering Electrical Engineer
Vaccine
« on: March 16, 2021, 01:09:46 pm »
I've had my vaccination for Covid. So far I can detect no 5G signals inside my body. Is there a link protocol I'm missing? I feel so stupid that I can't get any benefit from this free service.
I pay my taxes and I want my 5G!
I feel I've been lied to.

Offline Tomorokoshi

• Super Contributor
Re: Vaccine
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 01:21:16 pm »
Which vaccine did you get?

First dose or both doses?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 01:23:22 pm by Tomorokoshi »

Offline MikeK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 01:56:05 pm »
Once they locate you with the chip they implanted all will be taken care of.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 02:10:13 pm »
A dangerous fake vaccine for a harmless fake virus, which has never been isolated. I wonder if that chip gives you free wi-fi, if you can put up with the blood clots. :-DD

Of course, I'm joking. I can see this thread going downhill.

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 02:11:20 pm »
This thread should be in the "Dodgy Technology" section. ;)

Offline Fred27

• Supporter
    • Fred's blog
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 02:17:07 pm »
I had the AstraZeneca vaccine just over a week ago. There is definitely a chip implanted inside my body. I can see it and I can feel it. I can even detect it with my phone.

Hang on. I just remembered I put it there myself about 7 years ago. Nevermind. As you were.
https://0xfred.wordpress.com/2014/05/23/my-nfc-implant/

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 02:39:30 pm »
Vaccines are good.  I love vaccines.  Vaccines teach my immune system what to attack.

Whether a specific thing sold as a vaccine has side effects that makes it not worth taking it, or is really something else than a vaccine, is always subject to discussion.  Such discussion should never be extended to cover all vaccines.  It varies on a case-by-case basis.

There Is No Such Thing As Free Lunch.

For example, if we use antibacterial detergents everywhere, and antibiotics for every bacterial and/or viral infection, then we actually provide evolutionary pressure for bacteria and viruses to evolve protection against them.  Superbugs (antibiotic-resistant bacteria) didn't just appear out of nowhere; we forced bacteria to evolve that way.

So, just because a tool exists, its side effects may be worse than the thing it fixes.  Anything involving lots of people is a hard, hard statistical calculation of costs and benefits.  The costs are mostly not money, either; we often talk about lives lost and lifelong illnesses and side effects.

Whether I will get vaccinated against this bug that seems to be going around, depends on the exact vaccine available.  I'm not in any at-risk group, and things are still changing.  When the time comes, I'll look at the statistics, and decide based on those.

I must say, I'm not at all afraid for my own life; I'm much more worried about those around me (especially elderly people) that I might infect if I was a symptomless carrier.  Not just this particular bug, but the influenza virus also – a real killer that too many people ignore! –, and all the other lesser bugs that cause say common respiratory infections.

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 03:07:07 pm »
Antibiotics are meant to deal with bacteria, not viruses. But it's true that we use way too much antibiotics, not just in human and veterinary medicine but also in industrial livestock farming which is possibly the larger threat. BTW, if antibiotics don't work anymore one can try bacteriophages, Some former USSR countries have a lot of experience with bacteriophages because it was hard for them to get modern antibiotics due to the iron curtain.

Offline JohnnyMalaria

• Super Contributor
    • Enlighten Scientific LLC
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 03:16:50 pm »
I must say, I'm not at all afraid for my own life; I'm much more worried about those around me (especially elderly people) that I might infect if I was a symptomless carrier.  Not just this particular bug, but the influenza virus also – a real killer that too many people ignore! –, and all the other lesser bugs that cause say common respiratory infections.

Exactly.

I got my first dose on Friday. I went to a different county. People in that county hadn't been signing up for it in sufficient numbers so appointments were available the next day even if you weren't officially due to receive a dose yet. Naturally, being in the US, it was a drive-through :)

Offline greasemonkey

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 03:21:46 pm »
I wonder why would people think that our overlords would inject us with microchips when we voluntarily (including them) carry supercomputers with mics, GPS and cameras in our pockets?   :-//
My moderately uninteresting blog: https://btbm.ch

The following users thanked this post: Stray Electron, Tom45, Gregg, newbrain, james_s, mindcrime

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 04:06:48 pm »
Antibiotics are meant to deal with bacteria, not viruses.
Yeah, I should have used the term "antimicrobials", because the same situation applies to antibiotics and antivirals, and even to antifungals and antiparasitics to a lesser degree.  Me fail English.

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 04:17:28 pm »
Going forward, I hope that we can make progress on anti-viral medication, since vaccines can take a long time when a new virus appears.

Offline JohnnyMalaria

• Super Contributor
    • Enlighten Scientific LLC
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2021, 04:34:57 pm »
Yeah, I should have used the term "antimicrobials", because the same situation applies to antibiotics and antivirals, and even to antifungals and antiparasitics to a lesser degree.  Me fail English.

Unfortunately, the medical profession quite happily prescribes antibiotics for viruses just to keep the parents of Little Timmy who has a viral cough happy. Over-prescription of antibiotics is a major problem.

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 04:55:24 pm »
I've had my vaccination for Covid. So far I can detect no 5G signals inside my body. Is there a link protocol I'm missing? I feel so stupid that I can't get any benefit from this free service.
I pay my taxes and I want my 5G!
I feel I've been lied to.

Remote control is only in 3GPP release 17. There has been a limited test done in the UK earlier in 2016, and it showed only about 52% success rate so it has been pushed back, because they had to work on it. It's in RFC 900061 called NR_cov_enh. The lizard overlord wasn't happy.

The following users thanked this post: newbrain

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 05:13:12 pm »
I had the AstraZeneca vaccine just over a week ago. There is definitely a chip implanted inside my body. I can see it and I can feel it. I can even detect it with my phone.

AstraZeneca is now on hold in many countries because some receivers have had unsual cases of blood clots some of them dying

afaiu if you had it and get unusual bruising you should see a doctor

Offline richard.cs

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics engineer from Southampton, UK.
    • Random stuff I've built (mostly non-electronic and fairly dated).
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2021, 05:44:22 pm »
AstraZeneca is now on hold in many countries because some receivers have had unsual cases of blood clots some of them dying

With 37 clotting events across the 17 million doses given, I would not be in the least worried about getting the AstraZenica vaccine. In fact I find it surprising that so few have been reported, given that you'd expect something like 1/1000 people to experience a clotting event in a given year. If clots within a week of the vaccine were reported you'd expect to see 17e6/(1e3*52) =~ 300.

The following users thanked this post: peter-h, boffin, tooki, newbrain, mindcrime

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2021, 05:53:12 pm »

With 37 clotting events across the 17 million doses given, I would not be in the least worried about getting the AstraZenica vaccine. In fact I find it surprising that so few have been reported, given that you'd expect something like 1/1000 people to experience a clotting event in a given year. If clots within a week of the vaccine were reported you'd expect to see 17e6/(1e3*52) =~ 300.

Exactly this, the numbers don't lie.  The numbers of clotting events for the Pfizer vaccine is actually slightly higher (though still very few) showing this is uproar is purely political.

The following users thanked this post: peter-h, tooki, newbrain

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2021, 05:57:06 pm »

I agree the numbers doesn't look concerning, afaiu the concern is that the cases look unusual and seemingly related to a batch of the vaccine

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2021, 06:03:55 pm »

I agree the numbers doesn't look concerning, afaiu the concern is that the cases look unusual and seemingly related to a batch of the vaccine
Come on. If you keep it serious, and talk about covid and vaccines, they will close this thread. Mods said several times it is not thematically fitting to an engineering forum.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 06:05:09 pm »
I wonder why would people think that our overlords would inject us with microchips when we voluntarily (including them) carry supercomputers with mics, GPS and cameras in our pockets?   :-//

Because they didn't reach that conclusion through rational thought. They started with the conclusion and then worked backwards, connecting the dots in such a way as to lead to the conclusion they already had. They believe there's a conspiracy so they invent a story in their heads to rationalize and support it.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2021, 06:47:46 pm »

Unfortunately, the medical profession quite happily prescribes antibiotics for viruses just to keep the parents of Little Timmy who has a viral cough happy. Over-prescription of antibiotics is a major problem.
I agree antibiotics are overused, but they do have a use here. Secondary bacterial infections are very common in viral respiratory illnesses. A colleague's 19 year old daughter got very sick with COVID-19 and had to be in ICU for over a month. What made her so sick wasn't the virus itself, or her body's inflammatory response to it, but an antibiotic-resistant secondary bacterial infection. The bacteria were probably already present in her respiratory tract, but only invaded her lungs due to the virus creating the right conditions for it to do so and weakening her immune system enough. This was a huge factor in the 1918 pandemic and hasn't been so much of an issue in the 1957 and 1968 pandemics as well the current one, because of antibiotics.

I'm not in a high risk category for COVID-19 but I have a healthy respect for it. Like you, the main reason why I want to be vaccinated is to protect others, although I'm pretty sure I've already had it, but can't be sure, as I wasn't tested.

We've been lucky. It could be far worse. There could be a virus with a much higher mortality rate, which is more transmissible. The main factor in this pandemic is a/presymptomatic spread, which is common in infectious illnesses which spread rapidly, such as HIV. It also removes the incentive for the virus to become less deadly over time, because most of the spread occurs, when people still feel well.

I do agree we need to cut our use of antibiotics and develop new ones. It's possible the next pandemic could be caused by an antibiotic resistant bacterium.

Offline 1xrtt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2021, 07:25:09 pm »
Did you change into an alligator?
https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazilian-president-rhetorically-claims-coronavirus-vaccine-could-turn-people-into-alligators

If yes, please send a message to this site, they are keeping track of it:
https://jacaretracker.org/en

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2021, 07:44:59 pm »
Evolutionary biologists use the phrase "evolutionary strategy" as a metaphor, since the bugs aren't smart enough to plot strategies.
The best strategy for a new pathogen is to become less lethal and more infectious, thus increasing their numbers without killing off their hosts.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2021, 08:02:22 pm »
The best strategy for a new pathogen is to become less lethal and more infectious, thus increasing their numbers without killing off their hosts.
Unfortunately the less lethal part doesn't apply to pathogens which spread in a/presymptomatic people, or via a third party. For example, HIV has a 100% mortality rate, without treatment and spreads rapidly in healthy people, so it has no incentive to become less deadly. The same is true with SARS-Cov 2, which whilst fortunately is several orders of magnitude less deadly, also spreads in healthy people. Unfortunately there's mounting evidence to suggest the B1525 variant discovered in the UK, is not only more transmissible, but more deadly, than the original one. A pattern which seems to be repeated in other new variants.

I know it's only wackypedia (I'm lazy) so check the references.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variants_of_SARS-CoV-2#Overview_table

Offline Siwastaja

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2021, 01:14:03 pm »

The actual reason is not to keep parents happy, it's because a lengthy viral infection often leads to a bacterial infection due to weakened respitory system. Doctors want to cure their patients; they even took an oath for exactly this. This is what they are doing.

You are right though; over-prescription is a major problem. So doctors should always wait and confirm the influenza has progressed into bacterial post-symptoms that are also severe enough to warrant antibiotics before writing prescription. "Playing it safe" enters the game here; being early saves time and may even save someone's life (a tiny percentage though).

It's a typical problem where doing something seems absolutely Right Thing To Do on a small scale, but when you look at the big picture, if everybody does that, it becomes a larger problem than the sum of the original problems they tried to solve.

Doctors perfectly well know about this. Have known for decades. Yet they overprescribe, so having information available isn't the answer. The only workable answer is a control society with tighter laws and tighter control thereof. It really sucks.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 01:18:59 pm by Siwastaja »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf