Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2795332 times)

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #6600 on: June 14, 2018, 10:16:33 pm »
My last package arrived yesterday.  :)

Amphenol conformable RF cable,  10 Vishay film capacitors, Adafruit T-Cobbler GPIO breakout adaptor, 2 Raspberry Pi's, and Google AIY voice kit.

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #6601 on: June 14, 2018, 10:53:02 pm »
Replaced my 'Nicad' generation Hitachi cordless drill with a Makita Drill Driver (and angle grinder coming in a promo). For Aussies - watch the Bunnings version it includes a lower spec driver! $649 btw

Why did I wait so long  :palm: Awesome amount of power now what to screw or drill first.

Think that is about the pre EOFY Tax time $ spent  >:D

5Ah pack is huge capacity, surprised it came with that.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #6602 on: June 14, 2018, 11:46:01 pm »
This NAD 310 arrived yesterday. It is intended to be a back up for the amplifier in my living room computer/TV setup, but here it is in my small bedroom system to test it out. I had a Sherwood receiver in this system before, so I had to take the Denon tuner out of storage for testing. I may leave it this way for now.

NICE!!!  :-+ :-+
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #6603 on: June 14, 2018, 11:47:36 pm »
That's the thing with the actions, you get the item itself for a decent price but when you add auction fees and taxes then shipping it can get to eye watering numbers quite fast!
It's hard to stop when you start bidding up. I always think …. right..... when it gets to X amount i'll give out but always end up going over at least a little bit.
Enjoy your new toy!  ;D

I do not give in to the temptation of 'just one more bid'  It even surprises SWMBO at my self control.  I buy the occasional diecast car off of evilBay for my collection and I have lost a bid for pennies because I do set a hard limit so I don't get caught up in the 'just one more bid' syndrome and end up paying more than what it is worth.  On TME, I look for stuff with a make offer button.  If my offer is accepted, great.  If the counter offer is acceptable, great.  Otherwise, I walk away to buy another day.
Thats great and amazing self control, but sometimes I have been waiting for so long to find something and I mean a long time, that I really don't want to wait that long again if there is a slight chance that a small tweak to my bid could win it. In other words, I don't have your self control, I get a bit impatient and just go for it until it gets to a point beyond which I just don't go. Hmm thinking about it, I do have your control then, just that I set myself an ideal figure that I want to pay and a maximum if pushed.

In my youth, I was the buzzard in the picture that said, patience my @ss, I'm gonna kill something.  Now that I am a greybeard, I am like the old bull.  When the young bull says lets run down and screw us a cow, the old bull says, let's walk down and screw them all.  :-DD
:-+
And take your good time while doing it too !  >:D

Because if it is worth doing, it is worth taking your time and doing it right, as Mrs GreyWoolfe will attest to. >:D
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #6604 on: June 15, 2018, 12:05:48 am »

5Ah pack is huge capacity, surprised it came with that.

It is sort of above the home user range more in their lower end Tradie one. They do run 6Ah as well but based on some internerd ramblings they have less punch.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #6605 on: June 15, 2018, 06:39:13 am »
This NAD 310 arrived yesterday. It is intended to be a back up for the amplifier in my living room computer/TV setup, but here it is in my small bedroom system to test it out. I had a Sherwood receiver in this system before, so I had to take the Denon tuner out of storage for testing. I may leave it this way for now.

I used to have one of those Rat Shack equalizers back in the 80s.  Eventually it lost a channel, and while I poked and prodded at it a bit, I never really dug into it, and it eventually got tossed during a cleaning binge.  Shame I didn't keep it; I'd certainly be able to fix it these days.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #6606 on: June 15, 2018, 06:48:15 am »
I know the feeling, Pat. I occasionally think back to past things that I no longer have and probably could've fixed since. Ah, well.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6607 on: June 15, 2018, 09:23:56 am »
That's the thing with the actions, you get the item itself for a decent price but when you add auction fees and taxes then shipping it can get to eye watering numbers quite fast!
It's hard to stop when you start bidding up. I always think …. right..... when it gets to X amount i'll give out but always end up going over at least a little bit.
Enjoy your new toy!  ;D

I do not give in to the temptation of 'just one more bid'  It even surprises SWMBO at my self control.  I buy the occasional diecast car off of evilBay for my collection and I have lost a bid for pennies because I do set a hard limit so I don't get caught up in the 'just one more bid' syndrome and end up paying more than what it is worth.  On TME, I look for stuff with a make offer button.  If my offer is accepted, great.  If the counter offer is acceptable, great.  Otherwise, I walk away to buy another day.
Thats great and amazing self control, but sometimes I have been waiting for so long to find something and I mean a long time, that I really don't want to wait that long again if there is a slight chance that a small tweak to my bid could win it. In other words, I don't have your self control, I get a bit impatient and just go for it until it gets to a point beyond which I just don't go. Hmm thinking about it, I do have your control then, just that I set myself an ideal figure that I want to pay and a maximum if pushed.

In my youth, I was the buzzard in the picture that said, patience my @ss, I'm gonna kill something.  Now that I am a greybeard, I am like the old bull.  When the young bull says lets run down and screw us a cow, the old bull says, let's walk down and screw them all.  :-DD
:-+
And take your good time while doing it too !  >:D

Because if it is worth doing, it is worth taking your time and doing it right, as Mrs GreyWoolfe will attest to. >:D

Where on earth did you see that picture with the buzzard GreyWoolfe? Kinda spooky!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 09:25:45 am by Terry01 »
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6608 on: June 15, 2018, 11:59:13 am »
Where on earth did you see that picture with the buzzard GreyWoolfe? Kinda spooky!

Must be an American thing. I'm sure I remember seeing it since high school age back in the 70s.

https://www.google.com/search?&q=buzzard+patience+my+ass

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #6609 on: June 15, 2018, 12:15:38 pm »

Many moons ago.  As rdl said, back in high school in the early 70's.  That makes me an official graybeard.  I even get old folks discounts at restaurants. ;D  Maybe it is time for a graybeard emoji.

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6610 on: June 15, 2018, 12:34:53 pm »

Many moons ago.  As rdl said, back in high school in the early 70's.  That makes me an official graybeard.  I even get old folks discounts at restaurants. ;D  Maybe it is time for a graybeard emoji.

LOL I have the same tattoo surrounded with those exact words on the top of my right arm! How spooky is that?  :wtf:

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6611 on: June 15, 2018, 03:03:27 pm »
I used to have one of those Rat Shack equalizers back in the 80s.  Eventually it lost a channel, and while I poked and prodded at it a bit, I never really dug into it, and it eventually got tossed during a cleaning binge.  Shame I didn't keep it; I'd certainly be able to fix it these days.

I bought mine used sometime around 1990 for $20 from a guy that worked in the local video rental shop. I have to confess, I've never used it as an equalizer. I just connect to the inputs so I can have the bouncing light display.

I've thrown away lots of stuff I probably should have kept, but since I live in an apartment there's limits because of available space. Even now I have two big A/V receivers from the 80s and at least two DVD players out in the balcony closet. How they have survived the last few clean outs I have no idea.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #6612 on: June 15, 2018, 06:16:10 pm »

LOL I have the same tattoo surrounded with those exact words on the top of my right arm! How spooky is that?  :wtf:

To go along with my namesake, I have a pair of Canis Lupus tattooed on my chest with the word devotion under them for Mrs GreyWoolfe and I. ;D

Offline GerryBags

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6613 on: June 15, 2018, 06:43:56 pm »
I just received a brand new, still sealed, Analog devices AD5392 eval board for a tenner plu shipping. It's a 8/16 channel 14-bit DAC which will come in handy. It's a replacement for what the seller couldn't find, the AD7796 16-bit delta-sigma ADC for bridges and sensors (123 Hz max update rate) which would have been more immediately useful. Oh well.

Offline lordvader88

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #6614 on: June 15, 2018, 06:47:33 pm »
20A 2000W AUTOTRANSFORMER

I put that off a while, but at least it's (shipped)from Canada so it will be here next week

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6615 on: June 15, 2018, 07:35:03 pm »

To go along with my namesake, I have a pair of Canis Lupus tattooed on my chest with the word devotion under them for Mrs GreyWoolfe and I. ;D

:-DD

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6616 on: June 15, 2018, 08:06:48 pm »
One of these First Aid kits showed up today. Always need to be prepared and I had nothing but a box of band-aids with all the good sizes used up. On sale only $15:

https://www.amazon.com/First-Aid-Only-All-purpose-299-Piece/dp/B074VGZ7SS/

Of course, I had to add a couple more items for free shipping. This was one of them (also on sale):

https://www.amazon.com/Weber-6492-Original-Instant-Read-Thermometer/dp/B009IH0BZ0/

The other was a pair of socks.

Offline JaspaJami

• Contributor
    • Susijarvi
« Reply #6617 on: June 15, 2018, 08:41:18 pm »
Curious, where did you get that handwoven rag mat that's underneath that stack ?

I don't really remember. I know I got it around 1994-95, so it was probably Target. That was where I usually shopped back then.
Thanks.
I asked 'cause it's very similar to what my parents made for tourists when we did farm tours back in 80's and we had a handcraft shop to help further relieve them of some $.  :)
In finland you can find this kind of rag mats from allmost all the houses. i think we have maybe 10-15 of those (we also have that wood thing that you use for making those). Really traditional at Finland.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #6618 on: June 15, 2018, 08:54:55 pm »
Curious, where did you get that handwoven rag mat that's underneath that stack ?

I don't really remember. I know I got it around 1994-95, so it was probably Target. That was where I usually shopped back then.
Thanks.
I asked 'cause it's very similar to what my parents made for tourists when we did farm tours back in 80's and we had a handcraft shop to help further relieve them of some $.  :)
In finland you can find this kind of rag mats from allmost all the houses. i think we have maybe 10-15 of those (we also have that wood thing that you use for making those). Really traditional at Finland.
Yeah my Ma was right into handcrafts and had a couple of weaving looms on which she made all sorts of mats, rugs and cloth. Rag mats had string warp and are very tough wearing. I have no idea where she got her inspiration from to start making them.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6619 on: June 15, 2018, 11:03:28 pm »
20A 2000W AUTOTRANSFORMER

That's a whopper! The inrush on it must be exciting.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6620 on: June 15, 2018, 11:09:54 pm »
I brought a USB hard drive caddy to house the 2TB drive I extracted a Sky + box which I had intended to use as in internal drive but Windows 10 does not like there but I works perfectly as a USB drive, so thats what's it going to be once the caddy arrives.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #6621 on: June 16, 2018, 12:22:40 am »
New gummies/wellies a couple of days back at our NZ National Ag field days.
https://fieldays.co.nz/

A member or two that visit from time to time will know why.........man it's wet and muddy here.  >:(
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6622 on: June 16, 2018, 01:32:26 am »
Oh, I just figured you were playing with high voltages. ;D

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #6623 on: June 16, 2018, 12:38:08 pm »
New gummies/wellies a couple of days back at our NZ National Ag field days.
https://fieldays.co.nz/

A member or two that visit from time to time will know why.........man it's wet and muddy here.  >:(

No No I won't make Sheep, Velcro glove and Gumboot NZ jokes  :-DD
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline ggchab

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6624 on: June 16, 2018, 06:05:28 pm »
Scanaquad from Ikalogic.
I replaced the original cables by silicon wires and Hantek hooks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf