Author Topic: Whats your Work-Bench/lab look like? Post some pictures of your Lab.  (Read 2300846 times)

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Re: Whats your Work-Bench/lab look like? Post some pictures of your Lab.
« Reply #3775 on: August 13, 2018, 12:46:23 am »
Or maybe go to the local purveyor of oriental cuisine and slip them a few bucks for some new ones...

-Pat
True, I neglected to mention that option. It's probably more suitable for obtaining a smaller number of units.

Offline Radiosonde

• Contributor
« Reply #3776 on: August 25, 2018, 08:25:06 pm »
Hello
This is my small but nice bench.
I havent got a big bunch of gear..but its enough for me:)
You are seeing:
TTI EL183 power supply
TTI 1.3Ghz Counter
Thalheimer isolating mains transformer
HP436A Power Meter
China HotAir
Manson power supply
Rohde&Schwarz CMU200
Voltcraft oscilloscope
Rohde&Schwarz TSMU
20A Power Supply for Radios
Blanko PSU
Weller WD1000 with WP80
Nice grounded an soft place for the ESD-Cat

Not in picture:
Hsnd tools

A Rohde&Schwarz NAS in parts...which im trying to calibrate....but i havent got the Service manual...maybee someone can help? :-//

Along that i have a small collection of RF Adapters and test leads

Currently im searching for an new oscilloscope(no siglent and rigol;)
and an good spectrum analyzer like a FSEA30 or so...but this one isnt easy to get in Europe..especially not as a broken one....in the US they go for about 300$ but shipping and tax is expensive.In general it isnt always easy as a student..but its going on;)

Regards

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #3777 on: August 25, 2018, 08:55:03 pm »
Looks good.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3778 on: August 25, 2018, 09:03:39 pm »
I need a bigger workbench.

For a long time I've been wanting to build a whole new computer desk, something L shaped that takes up 2 walls of the room, it will then double as electronic workbench.  The problem with my current setup is any time I'm doing microcontroller stuff or whatever I have to dismantle everything just to bring it to the PC to program it.  Iti's a pain in the butt.     My biggest goal is to condition and finish my garage so it can be a wood working shop, which I will then be able to build my desk in, as well as organizer drawers for components etc.  Had to build a shed first so I can clear the garage.  That's almost done.  Basically one project leading to the next, and once I get to the end I'll finally be able to be better setup.

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3779 on: August 26, 2018, 03:50:55 am »

For a long time I've been wanting to build a whole new computer desk, something L shaped that takes up 2 walls of the room, it will then double as electronic workbench.  The problem with my current setup is any time I'm doing microcontroller stuff or whatever I have to dismantle everything just to bring it to the PC to program it.  Iti's a pain in the butt.     My biggest goal is to condition and finish my garage so it can be a wood working shop, which I will then be able to build my desk in, as well as organizer drawers for components etc.  Had to build a shed first so I can clear the garage.  That's almost done.  Basically one project leading to the next, and once I get to the end I'll finally be able to be better setup.

Sooo…
           your first going to build a shed to put some things in,,,
                                                                                           so you can then second build a garage to put some other things in,,,
        so you can have enough room to then thirdly build a desk to sit some stuff on,,,
                                                                                                                             but only once you've built a shed and then a garage to make enough room for your desk???
                                                                                Too funny brother  ;D
                                                                                                                    Just too damn funny!!
                                                                                                                                                        :-DD :-DD :-DD
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3780 on: August 26, 2018, 05:44:51 am »
This happened to me. Fortunately the shed was burgled which made plenty of room in the shed for all the other crap I had in the cupboards. Earlier this year I had enough room for a bench finally  :-DD

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3781 on: August 26, 2018, 10:22:16 am »
This happened to me. Fortunately the shed was burgled which made plenty of room in the shed for all the other crap I had in the cupboards. Earlier this year I had enough room for a bench finally  :-DD

Who'd have thought getting burgled would have came in handy? LOL  ;D
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #3782 on: August 27, 2018, 06:19:00 am »
I wanted to discuss this with you all: what are the tools necessary for working with robots? i.e, robotics lab.

Do we need more tools than our electronics tools?

Robots like 4WD RC car, balance robot (2WD), probably a spider like robot, robot arm (think first step towards Skynet), and the list goes on.

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3783 on: August 27, 2018, 06:51:57 pm »

Sooo…
           your first going to build a shed to put some things in,,,
                                                                                           so you can then second build a garage to put some other things in,,,
        so you can have enough room to then thirdly build a desk to sit some stuff on,,,
                                                                                                                             but only once you've built a shed and then a garage to make enough room for your desk???
                                                                                Too funny brother  ;D
                                                                                                                    Just too damn funny!!
                                                                                                                                                        :-DD :-DD :-DD

Pretty much. LOL.  I mean, I could build the desk in my living room or something, but I don't really want all that saw dust getting everywhere in the house.   Don't really want to buy a premade desk as that's what I have now, I find they have too many small compartments and odd ball shapes to them, I just want a giant L shaped table basically, so I'll just build it to fit the room perfectly, and have cable management trays at the bottom and other stuff like that.  Probably lot of shelves too on top, or cabinets just mounted to the wall.  Not sure yet.  Basically once my garage is in a state I can work in it I will build quite a lot of stuff to help me get organized.  Oddly enough I have tons of projects that are depending on me having a proper work area to work in so once that garage gets cleared, insulated, and conditioned I'll have quite a few projects in there to work on haha.

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3784 on: August 27, 2018, 06:53:01 pm »
I wanted to discuss this with you all: what are the tools necessary for working with robots? i.e, robotics lab.

Robots like 4WD RC car, balance robot (2WD), probably a spider like robot, robot arm (think first step towards Skynet), and the list goes on.

I'm kind of curious about that as well, not just tools, but parts, and places to buy them.  I kinda would like to get into mechanical stuff like robots myself at some point.    I imagine now days a 3D printer is useful too as lot of parts can just be 3D printed.

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #3785 on: August 28, 2018, 09:11:50 am »

I'm kind of curious about that as well, not just tools, but parts, and places to buy them.  I kinda would like to get into mechanical stuff like robots myself at some point.    I imagine now days a 3D printer is useful too as lot of parts can just be 3D printed.

I imagine that you would need to design in Solidworks then send the files to mechanical workshops to fabricate them to you whether it is by CNC cutting or bending or similar. sadly, we don't have knowledge nor sufficient info about this. Not to mention that there are off-the-shelf parts like bearings, couplings, and so on that you don't have to design from scratch in 3d modelling.

The rest are very easy, you need Arduino with some boards. Can't get easier.

I plan on advancing in robotics from beginner to ROS which I think is "the peak of the hump" in robotics.

I think the process would be more expensive than our electronics design since PCBs are now 2$ of price!

where should we start? who is doing like dave's channel but for robotics?

Offline Messtechniker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Old analog audio hand - No voodoo.
« Reply #3786 on: October 05, 2018, 05:59:57 pm »
Guys, keep 'em piccies coming!  :scared:
Agilent 34465A, Siglent SDG 2042X, Hameg HMO1022, R&S HMC 8043, Peaktech 2025A, Voltcraft VC 940, M-Audio Audiophile 192, R&S Psophometer UPGR, 3 Transistor Testers, DL4JAL Transistor Curve Tracer, UT622E LCR meter

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
    • Mostly useless stuff, but nice to have: wunderkis.de
« Reply #3787 on: October 05, 2018, 06:48:08 pm »
Been on the TEA thread with the pictures, here we go again:

And a bonus picture, the other shelves:
Safety devices hinder evolution

The following users thanked this post: edavid, Atomillo

Offline hscade

• Contributor
« Reply #3788 on: October 05, 2018, 07:41:59 pm »
@capt bullshot

The test equipment exists to stiffen the shelves, otherwise it would collapse?  :-+

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #3789 on: October 05, 2018, 07:53:55 pm »
Calibration corner...
People, do not become a voltnut.... ^-^

YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

The following users thanked this post: edavid, Inverted18650

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3790 on: October 05, 2018, 08:00:58 pm »
Worst cases of GAS I have seen in a long while. I like the idea of the sloping shelves that follow the roof shape though
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

Offline abraxa

• Frequent Contributor
  • Sigrok associate
« Reply #3791 on: October 06, 2018, 06:49:25 am »
Love the outlets on the ceiling! They blend in so nicely that they're easily missed.

Offline _Wim_

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3792 on: October 06, 2018, 06:58:50 am »
Calibration corner...

How do the other "corners" look like?

I would love to be a voltnut, but seems expensive...

Offline technix

• Super Contributor
  • From Shanghai With Love
    • My Untitled Blog
« Reply #3793 on: October 07, 2018, 02:27:21 am »
Calibration corner...

Can I send you some of my multimeters to be calibrated?

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #3794 on: October 07, 2018, 02:49:31 am »
Wouldn't it be great to have TiN as your neighbor? ;D
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

The following users thanked this post: Inverted18650

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3795 on: October 07, 2018, 10:10:06 am »
Wouldn't it be great to have TiN as your neighbor? ;D
Just need to move to Taiwan.  :-DD

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
« Reply #3796 on: October 07, 2018, 10:29:29 am »

Calibration corner...

Depends on multimeter , lol.
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

Offline bollio

• Contributor
« Reply #3797 on: October 08, 2018, 10:05:13 pm »
Coming along... Just added the 121gw today!

The following users thanked this post: edavid

Offline jhenderson0107

• Regular Contributor
    • Elk Engineering
« Reply #3798 on: October 09, 2018, 02:28:49 pm »
Built a 2 x 16U rackmount chassis for the lab - mahogany w/walnut inlays.  Initially fitted with drawers and placed near the bench.  As required, the drawers will be replaced with remotely-controlled test equipment.

The following users thanked this post: Berni, fpliuzzi, ManateeMafia, edavid, HighVoltage, bitseeker

Offline technix

• Super Contributor
  • From Shanghai With Love
    • My Untitled Blog
« Reply #3799 on: October 09, 2018, 02:32:06 pm »

Calibration corner...

Depends on multimeter , lol.
Uni-T UT61E. That is my current best multimeter so it would be my transfer standard that I would check my UT61D and DT-890C against.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf