Author Topic: Wish to take Electronics engineers from China  (Read 9775 times)

Offline ocsetTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Wish to take Electronics engineers from China
« on: June 15, 2019, 08:46:56 pm »
Hi,
We wish to start employing Chinese Electronics Engineers at our UK based lighting company. They will design with cheap Chinese components, and  the  products will get produced in China. We will declare that the products are “British designed and built”. No one will know otherwise. We will sweep the market, putting all other UK lighting companys out of  the way.

We have a contact  electronics company in China who will supply the Chinese Electronics engineers to us. They will work mostly from China, but will sometimes visit us in UK. They will help us to set up a “stooge” UK design and manufacture set up in UK, so that we can invite customers round and convince them that we really are a “UK design and build” company. They won’t suss it out. They wont have a clue what we’re up to.

Anyway, what we would really like to do, when the Chinese engineers come over, is get these Chinese engineers to totally leave China and simply start working directly for us, so that we no longer have to pay the Chinese company for their services. Ie, get the Chinese engineers to come and  live in UK as UK citizens, and work for us.
Is it possible to do this?....i mean, is it difficult for a Chinese engineer in China to  just “up and leave “ China and start working in uk?
If not, then why not?...what would happen to these Chinese Engineers?…would the Chinese government recall them back to China? If they did get recalled, then so what, couldn’t they just ignore the Chinese government, and stay in UK?

The following users thanked this post: pardo-bsso, Electro Detective

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
Re: Wish to take Electronics engineers from China
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 08:54:59 pm »
Good luck with VISAs and all the legal requirements to HIRE so many people from China to work for you.

Good luck actually PAYING them UK salaries and finding them places to rent or buy houses in UK and all that crap.

Good luck doing this without the networking you have in China.

Anyone can look at public records and see who you're sponsoring to come in country or how many employees you have and all that crap... lots of money you'd save you're gonna spending in plane tickets.

If you think the actual humans are the reason why stuff is cheap in China then you're more of a moron than all your posts pictured you so far.

The following users thanked this post: tooki, ocset

Offline Koen

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 08:58:56 pm »
Hello my dear friend, we specialize in supply of very experienced chinese engineers with many qualities. Young, tall, very educated man for your services. No family, no wife, nobody to worry about them is of much convenience. Please contact me for quote. We guarantee our service or money is paid back.

The following users thanked this post: Ice-Tea, tooki, raptor1956, ocset

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 09:18:10 pm »
I bet your friend can help you with that. You are both going to jail, and this forum will be an Exhibit A anyway.

But seriously, it is not clear why they would want to go to UK. In China they have a decent job security. Can you guarantee that in the UK? Does not sound like it.

Governments have no power to "recall" people. They can however detain them once they go back to China on business or vacation.  If they committed some crimes, they can be detained and extradited, of course. But nobody is going to do that for engineers.

Getting UK visa is your primary concern here as far as governments interfering with your cunning plan goes.

Also, you are putting too much stock in to "Made in UK" or "Made in US" label. In a real world nobody cares.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 09:30:01 pm by ataradov »
Alex

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 09:23:43 pm »
According to what you wrote in other treads, the only employees your company can afford are uneducated monkeys who will work for banana.

Offline magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 09:25:02 pm »
We wish to start employing Chinese Electronics Engineers at our UK based lighting company. They will design with cheap Chinese components, and  the  products will get produced in China. We will declare that the products are “British designed and built”. No one will know otherwise. We will sweep the market, putting all other UK lighting companys out of  the way.
What can I say, that business model works fine for Apple >:D

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective, ocset

Offline Koen

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 09:28:24 pm »
Yes, treez is a little blunt but full of sound ideas. He'd make an excellent disruptive CEO provided he had a PR company to smooth his public appearances.

The following users thanked this post: ocset

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 09:42:36 pm »
I do not know UK rules and laws esp now you're exiting the EU everything will probably change.
Only can say that in my country Chinese Restaurants desperately need and seek authentic chinese chefs because they don't teach the proper techniques (work 16 hours sleep 6 hours ) in our country and that for minimum wages  ;)
Anyway they need a special reason why dutch cooks can not cook and are allowed to hire a limited set of cooks because there are no dutch cooks. If there are EE's in the UK and there are unemployed EEs in the UK, you have no excuse why you need chinese EE's.
BTW how are you going to solve the culture and language barriers? This is going to be a fun experience, please keep the topic updated.

Offline schmitt trigger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 09:52:19 pm »
China has a large and very capable engineering talent pool,  a gigantic manufacturing base, and an almost limitless supply chain.

To be capable to manage all of these resources SUCCESSFULLY,  for a small business is no small feat.
Hint: start learning Chinese.

You can also start reading Bunnie’s blog. He has dedicated many pages describing the challenge.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 10:01:30 pm »
Oh BTW chinese labour is no longer cheap.
Three years ago I saw the salaries of our Shenzhen SW colleagues.
They were 20k€ per year higher on average then ours. My manager earned less  :-DD
In 2006 salaries were half of ours so in ten years time they went sky rocket.
Actually I am waiting for many jobs to return to the US and EU, if production costs and labour will rise as the SW jobs did.

Offline ocsetTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 10:02:24 pm »
I see your point...ive met Chinese  EEs working in UK...in various companies...they managed to break free from China and come here......surely any others can too?...as long as the pay is enough
Simple...all they do is buy a plane ticket and wave goodbye to China forever....you agree?

Offline Koen

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 10:02:52 pm »
Instead of taking chinese lessons, instead of putting your trust in random connections, marry a business-savvy chinese wife who will handle this side of operation ?

The possibilities are endless for the night is long and full of bright street lights.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 10:05:52 pm »
Thanks, ive met Chinese  EEs working in UK...in various companies...they managed to break free from China and come here......surely any others can too?
Simple...all they do is buy a plane ticket and wave goodbye to China forever....you agree?
How about a passport, working permit etc.
Not so simple. Also we have had our share of industrial espionage. So established companies are carefull who to hire.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2019, 10:16:44 pm »
I think people here are being a bit over the top. He's talking about the Chinese engineers mostly working remotely from China, with only a few visiting the UK, which would require visas, work permits etc.

The problem is going to be getting decent engineers, providing a proper specifications and contracts for them to meet, otherwise you'll get utter crap, without any comeback.

Offline soldar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2019, 10:47:31 pm »
treez, I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Offline Miti

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 10:59:20 pm »
Actually I am waiting for many jobs to return to the US and EU, if production costs and labour will rise as the SW jobs did.

Dream on my dear friend, dream on. They will go to Vietnam, India, probably Africa in the future but will never come back.
Fear does not stop death, it stops life.

Offline soldar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 11:08:03 pm »
Oh BTW chinese labour is no longer cheap.
Three years ago I saw the salaries of our Shenzhen SW colleagues.
They were 20k€ per year higher on average then ours. My manager earned less  :-DD
In 2006 salaries were half of ours so in ten years time they went sky rocket.
I can confirm how salaries in China have been rising as has the standard of living,

And many jobs that went to China are returning although not to workers but to automation. In other words, the manual job that went to China has now returned to be done by a robot that was made by engineers who make good money.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 03:12:30 am »
So... you plan to do what pretty much every crappy electronics company does? Use cheap labour, cheap components, have a high failure rate and make sure that no one wants to buy those products? Good plan.  :-+
Those other companies who design and build good quality products, don't lie and try to deceive their customers and stand by their brands must have it all wrong.

I personally avoid products which boast the "Designed and built in..." disclaimer as if it's some kind of selling point. It's an indicator of poor quality products and that the company is deliberately trying to hide something.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:14:46 am by Halcyon »

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective, ocset, LateLesley

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 03:17:27 am »
LOL…
Have you lot not been trolled enough by treez in the past?
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 03:18:15 am »
Shh, it is fun for the weekend.
Alex

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2019, 03:19:20 am »
Ok. I will shut up now.  :-X
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2019, 03:21:49 am »
 :popcorn:

Offline Jay_Diddy_B

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2019, 04:31:41 am »
Hi,

[Humour]

My mother used to tell me, 'Money doesn't grow on trees'

It seem that good advice doesn't grow on treez as well.

[Humour/]

The USA has an H-1B Visa program, specifically for bring highly skilled labour to the USA on a temporary basis.
Many of these H-1B engineers are employed in Silicon Valley.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1B_visa

There may be a similar visa program in the EU.

Regards,

Jay_Diddy_B

The following users thanked this post: blueskull, ocset

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2019, 05:16:53 am »
We wish to start employing Chinese Electronics Engineers at our UK based lighting company. They will design with cheap Chinese components, and  the  products will get produced in China. We will declare that the products are “British designed and built”. No one will know otherwise.

If you are prepared to lie about the "British built" aspect, why bother to make the "British designed" kind of true? Just import some junk directly and put fake labels on it. Good luck.

:horse:

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2019, 06:44:44 am »
Hi,

We have a contact  electronics company in China who will supply the Chinese Electronics engineers to us. They will work mostly from China, but will sometimes visit us in UK. They will help us to set up a “stooge” UK design and manufacture set up in UK, so that we can invite customers round and convince them that we really are a “UK design and build” company. They won’t suss it out. They wont have a clue what we’re up to.

Anyway, what we would really like to do, when the Chinese engineers come over, is get these Chinese engineers to totally leave China and simply start working directly for us, so that we no longer have to pay the Chinese company for their services. Ie, get the Chinese engineers to come and  live in UK as UK citizens, and work for us.
Is it possible to do this?....i mean, is it difficult for a Chinese engineer in China to  just “up and leave “ China and start working in uk?
If not, then why not?...what would happen to these Chinese Engineers?…would the Chinese government recall them back to China? If they did get recalled, then so what, couldn’t they just ignore the Chinese government, and stay in UK?

Captain here, good plan but overcomplicated, just use an egg and a pan

Captain flies away

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf