Author Topic: I need a break... This product description is nuts  (Read 9270 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rick LawTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3538
  • Country: us
I need a break... This product description is nuts
« on: May 06, 2026, 06:37:26 pm »
I'm probably yapping here to procrastinate taking the dishwasher out and apart again..

My dish washer's control board (aka User Interface board) went kaput again.  The first one died within the first year.  I replaced it September 2020, and the replacement just died too.  This board fits inside the dish washer door top, with a 3-digit 8-segment LED display, buttons to select cycle, and a beeper to tell you washing is done.

Horrible place for a PCB.  The steam from the washing come inside the door via a circular vent on the interior side of the door, travels inside to door to exit outside via a slit-vent on the front side of the door.  The venting path is an open path (no ducting) mere inches away from the PCB.

I found a replacement  board on Amazon.  This seller description (see attached screen photo) says this washer UI board is: Computer and laptop connectivity, USB interface , compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, with a fresh rate of 192KHz.  I broke out laughing reading it -- None of these description is correct.  This board merely connects to the inside machine control/power board, and dumb as a nail.  The replacement merely has 4 jumpers to select the right model.

I am not sure if it was AI assisted description entry, or the seller has no understanding what they sell...  Good employees are hard to find, I suppose.

 

Online wraper

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 19498
  • Country: lv
Re: I need a break... This product description is nuts
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2026, 06:52:54 pm »
Seller likely created it based on different listing/template and forgot to change that.
 

Offline paul cotter

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 732
  • Country: ie
  • retired but still get called upon occasionally
Re: I need a break... This product description is nuts
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2026, 06:58:00 pm »
Any chance of repairing the original? I had a problem with a hoover washing machine that was attempting to run spin speed when it was starting the wash cycle- the result was the machine leapt off the ground and promptly tripped out every time we tried to use it. I tracked the tacho circuit back to the main pcb, noting the relevant pins and removed the pcb for examination. Using an ohmeter(Avo 8!) I found a piece of immaculate looking track in the tacho return circuit to be totally o/c and soldering this restored correct machine operation. Ok, I was lucky, but it may be worth doing a check for anything obvious/burned.
 

Offline Rick LawTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3538
  • Country: us
Re: I need a break... This product description is nuts
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2026, 01:46:37 am »
Repairing this dead PCB is well beyond my skill level...  I can replace an SMD, but I would not be able to determine what needs replacing on that board.
 

Offline Haenk

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1918
  • Country: de
Re: I need a break... This product description is nuts
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2026, 05:07:35 am »
Amazon *does* use AI to add "product details", so the seller might not the one to blame.
 

Offline Randy222

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1816
  • Country: ca
Re: I need a break... This product description is nuts
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2026, 10:43:28 pm »
Amazon has indeed become Bezos-Bay.
It has lost all integrity controls for product. Probably 90% of the stuff sold there is very questionable chi-nesium junk.

Got the chinesium word from another eevb user. ;)
 

Offline Rick LawTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3538
  • Country: us
Re: I need a break... This product description is nuts
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2026, 11:25:55 pm »
...
Horrible place for a PCB.  The steam from the washing come inside the door via a circular vent on the interior side of the door, travels inside to door to exit outside via a slit-vent on the front side of the door.  The venting path is an open path (no ducting) mere inches away from the PCB.
...

I just did the replacement of the dead UI PCB and realized my recollection was wrong.  So, a correction here: There is ducting on the venting path guiding the steam from the inner side of the door to the outer side slit vent.

I deserve the worst punishment for such mistake, but I forgot where I put my whip.  So I got away easy this time.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->