There is no need for big words or math to explain it if we actually understand what is happening on the most basic level. Ergo, the onus is on us imo.
Perhaps that is so, and I had admitted that I'm sometimes frustrated that I'm unable to explain a concept well, (I have an excuse!I have to tell people English is a third language), we can't all be Feynmans, however some personalities are deluded or just pig ignorant.
Once that's established I stop trying.
Recent amusing example:-
A friend of mine was discussing a simple problem of too much airflow in a flume cupboard with his boss. The extractor fan is powered by a two pole three phase induction motor, the motor being mounted external to the air flow.
The boss demanded that a VSD unit was fitted to the motor to reduce the speed and thereby the airflow.
Not having a suitable one in store, my friend suggested temporarily fitting a damper in the airflow into the fan to the same effect. This idea was rejected by the boss because he claimed that it would cause the motor current to rise and possibly damage it.
"No" said my friend, the current will be reduced, and no damage will be caused.
The boss became irate and insisted he was correct and made the analogy of domestic vacuum cleaners whose motors speed up and "strain" if the inlet to the hose nozzle is blocked .. and he had known them to subsequently burn out because of it.
My friend then pointed out that the speeding up is caused by a reduction in load because the fan was effectively running in a partial vacuum of its own creation, and the motor burning out caused either by lack of cooling airflow or that in the case of a universal wound brushed motor, that overspeeding had damaged it... he offered to use a current clamp meter to prove the fact.and put his boss's fears to rest..
The boss said: "I don't need you to do that because I know I'm right".
Oink oink!