Hi EEVblog,
I'm a manufacturing engineer with experience in electronics production and BOM optimization for industrial devices.
Over the past months I've been building BOMwise, a tool that analyzes a BOM and suggests component alternatives ranked by cost saving, with explicit flags for certification impact (MID, AEC-Q100, RoHS, REACH).
A few things that differentiate it from a generic "find alternatives" tool:
It knows the difference between a drop-in substitution and one that requires firmware changes or layout rework
It explicitly flags when a substitution touches the MID measurement chain and requires re-certification
On a test BOM (ADE7758 + STM32F103), it identified 28.9% BOM cost reduction at 1k units — with ADE7758 → ADE7953 (firmware change, 78/100 confidence) and STM32F103 → GD32F103 (drop-in, 95/100 confidence)
I'm looking for 5-10 beta testers — ideally engineers working on:
IoT
Industrial electronics with certification constraints
High-volume production where BOM cost matters
If you want to try it with a real BOM and give me honest feedback, reply here or DM me. Free access during beta, no strings attached.
Happy to answer any technical questions about the approach.
Here a veido demonstration: