Author Topic: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?  (Read 11164 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline MiDi

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 821
  • Country: de
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2026, 04:22:37 am »
No CC and no PP available for me, Bank transfer with rediculous fees.
How to loose a lot of customers, JLCPCB now miles ahead...
 

Offline xavier60

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3272
  • Country: au
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2026, 05:34:11 am »
I took a screen dump showing the payment options before I made the CC payment for my order.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2026, 06:38:22 am by xavier60 »
HP 54645A dso, Fluke 87V dmm,  Agilent U8002A psu,  FY6600 function gen,  Brymen BM857S, HAKKO FM-204, New! HAKKO FX-971.
 

Offline MiDi

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 821
  • Country: de
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2026, 09:28:28 am »
2772281-0

2772285-1

Ivy: our online credit card payment is currently unavailable, could you please pay via Payoneer, which accepts card payment? If it's acceptable, we will send you the payment link. Please advise.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2026, 09:30:24 am by MiDi »
 

Offline xavier60

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3272
  • Country: au
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2026, 10:07:48 am »
Maybe it's country specific. I started a pretend Gift Shop order and still get the CC option here.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2026, 10:13:07 am by xavier60 »
HP 54645A dso, Fluke 87V dmm,  Agilent U8002A psu,  FY6600 function gen,  Brymen BM857S, HAKKO FM-204, New! HAKKO FX-971.
 

Offline Kean

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 3536
  • Country: au
    • Kean Electronics
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2026, 11:09:32 am »
Yes, I think it could be country specific depending on card merchant agreements.

I used to use Paypal when I occasionally used them instead of JLC.  I asked my contact there about the Paypal issue 6 weeks ago and they said it should be fixed within a week.  Then sent me a link for Payoneer invoice, which I ignored as it was not urgent.

Of course, they still don't have Paypal working and I needed some of these PCBs last week.  So I just tried again and saw the same CC payment option as xavier60.  It says it uses Adyen as the provider who are pretty big in the payment industry so I didn't feel to bad about entering my card details.  This was a small amount, and my card has extra protections for larger payments.
 

Offline Psi

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 12640
  • Country: nz
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2026, 11:57:43 am »
I'm pretty sure they started accepting PP, and then stopped again.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2026, 11:59:56 am by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)
 

Offline tooki

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 15939
  • Country: ch
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2026, 12:31:21 pm »
Foreign international transfer is a bit more involved than transferring to another personal locally (where you only need a name and bank account number).
 - First you turn your local currency into some amount of some foreign currency to send, for me that is part of the international transfer process so pretty straight forward, just enter an amount to convert.
 - Then you need some information
    - The details of the foreign banks name/address (or a swift code to look it up automatically)
    - Foreign bank account number.
    - Name and address of the person or company you are sending money too
    - Optional reference code
    - You state who is paying the fee, Them or You. (It's you most of the time, since you want the exact amount you're sending to arrive in their account)

But yes, if you accidently transfer money to the wrong international account, eg details you entered were incorrect, then you usually lose the money. Your bank can "ask" the foreign bank to "ask" their customer for it back, but it's up to the honesty of the person who got the free money say "ok" to reversing the transfer.

Yes. As someone who does international transfers all the time, it's kinda a PITA. And the bank conversion rates suck arse. I use a third party conversion house to get a much better rates, if I don't already have money in my USD denominated account.
That being said, someone like Wise allows anyone to have a USD bank account in the US, and their conversion rates are excellent.
Indeed, I don’t have a USD account with Wise (since I have a bona fide USD account at a US credit union), but I’ve used Wise numerous times to send/move money internationally, and indeed it’s been cheaper than doing normal bank transfers.
 

Offline Psi

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 12640
  • Country: nz
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2026, 02:58:26 am »
I noticed yesterday when I searched for PCBway in google the first result was not PCBway but PCBBasic.

They have exactly the same website design as pcbway 
It confused me for a sec.

www.pcbasic.com

Seems the search result are back to PCBway this morning.
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)
 

Offline fjw3de

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 1
  • Country: gb
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2026, 07:08:59 pm »
Has anyone had issues with their bank blocking payments to PCBWay? My payment was rejected as the bank deemed the supplier to be "high risk" referring to US sanctions, even though the company hasn't been sanctioned directly. We paid by bank transfer to Hangzhou Bozhou Electric Appliance Co. and were told to not make any further attempts to pay them.
 

Offline Psi

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 12640
  • Country: nz
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2026, 07:33:15 am »
I do wonder if maybe some PCBs in Russian drones might have been found coming from them via 3rd parties.
This is just a random guess with no evidence, and if true I doubt PCBway even knew that's where they were ultimately going, so you cant really blame them.  But that's the sort of thing that might make things difficult for them like this.

There is that new popup that started happening within the last 6 months that checks if your products are going to be used for military uses.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2026, 07:38:50 am by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)
 

Offline EddieLane

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: us
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2026, 11:56:32 am »
For the past 3 years I have been a frequent US-based user of China board supplier PCBWay.  I've probably ordered from them at least 40 times.  Their quality is excellent.  Their pricing is similarly good.

Starting in late 2025 shipment delays became a problem.  The explanation from their customer service person was that PCBWay is "undergoing a reorganization".  I noticed on export documents that the company's name has changed.

Beginning in December 2025 PCBWay stopped using PayPal as the processor for credit card payments in favor of a new processing entity I've never used: Payoneer.  PCBWay's ordering process suggests that the substitution of Payoneer is seamless to their customers and each PCB order is followed by an e-mail invitation to pay from Payoneer to approve a credit card debit.

Am I the only PCBWay customer that is not getting these Payoneer e-mails after entering an order?  The e-mails are not hiding in an out-of-the-way spot like my spam folder.  They simply never arrive and PCBWay sends me repeated follow-on e-mails that they haven't been paid yet.

Lately the post-purchase reminder e-mails from PCBWay have listed a Payoneer URL that I can manually go to to pay for my order.  After paying for the order I'm supposed to contact PCBWay's customer support and provide them evidence that I've paid for my purchase.

I think I've reached my limit.  I'm not eager to stop using PCBWay because their quality over many orders is quite good and pricing is excellent.  They and DHL Express have coped admirably with Trump's insane tariffs.

However, I cannot deal with all the payment uncertainties since PCBWay's late 2025 reorganization.  I was blistered mightily by our company's financial officer about using a totally unknown credit card payment processor like Payoneer: "why can't you simply used a PCB fabricator that accepts PayPal?  Why is our company credit card being used so capriciously overseas and over the internet?"
My accountant also nearly lost his mind when he saw those confusing links for manual payment instead of a proper automated invoice. You might want to try ordering boards from competitors for the time being until these guys sort out their reorganization since payments there usually go through without the hassle. Dealing with these endless financial issues is exhausting, so sometimes you just need to kick back and relax. To unwind, I enjoy reading great articles like this one about holy games, which is packed with useful info. You can always find plenty of cool content on platforms like that.
I'd appreciate any feedback on this from other PCBWay users.
Have you tried asking them to send the direct details for a bank transfer?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2026, 10:40:42 am by EddieLane »
 

Offline Psi

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 12640
  • Country: nz
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2026, 12:08:32 pm »
You are replying to a post that is almost 8 months old.
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)
 

Offline SamElectronics616

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 52
  • Country: us
Re: Business Changes to PCBWay in 2026?
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2026, 02:00:22 am »
I’ve had a similar experience, so I use JLCPCB instead of PCBWay.
They use PayPal, Credit/Debit Card, Google Pay, etc.
They offer excellent price competitiveness and fast shipping.
I’ve already switched to JLCPCB and placed over 20 orders, and the service has been outstanding every time.
If you need any help, please feel free to contact me any time.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->