Most assembly shops will not do that, giving all kinds of issues with pillowing, puddling, thermal starvation. And then they will blame the design. If you just give them a paste mask that is equal to the pad they will claim all kinds of problems.
Yeah, I send them a list of things they have to do. Like no component substitutions, check the shelf life of the components, and this. The list is like 30 things.
I honestly got fed up with all this, I have deadlines, certifications, design issues and everything to worry about, and have zero metal capacity left for some idiot, who cannot solder down a QFN to a board without making measurable % of faulty boards. Which did happen. So they receive the assembly instructions informing them in advance, that this is their responsibility.
Or the last one, that was using some flux that was so conductive, that it gave 20KOhm resistance between some pads. I've never seen anything like that in my life, IDK what they used probably some solder used by plumbers. They had one warning, second batch came with the same issues, so there is not going to be a third batch.
Especially since upper management makes an "OMG what do we do with this" meeting after these things are found out.