Author Topic: FPGA Bluetooth/WiFi Project  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Razvan1203Topic starter

FPGA Bluetooth/WiFi Project
« on: March 27, 2024, 10:48:19 am »
Hello everyone!

I'm currently working on a project where I have 2 seperate circuits. One with Arduino that has an ultrasonic sensor that capture motions and the other one with an FPGA board Nexys A7 100T with a display that displays the exact time at which the motion was detected. Both circuit are communicating via Bluetooth with the help of 2 Pmod BLE modules. I intend to use Pmod ESP32 with WiFi instead.

My first question is: How can I transmit a message to my phone when a motion is detected? Essentially I am using a led on the FPGA board that turns on when the motion is detected. What options do I have in order to do that?

My second question is: How can I save those clock times when the motion was detected for future purpose? I mention that I also made a digital clock so the clock is not the problem. I want that after a whole day of motion detection, I can access those clock values stored somewhere and process them elsewhere.

Any answer or advice to any question is welcome! Thank you!

Offline Foxxz

• Regular Contributor
Re: FPGA Bluetooth/WiFi Project
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 11:16:19 pm »
Is this a learning exercise? Why is an FPGA being used at all? Add a clock display (and LED?) to the arduino. Can't help much on the BT stuff. The "nRF Connect" app on android is a good way to freehand BT communications without writing your own app.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf