Author Topic: Tang Nano 9K FPGA Board - No USB Cable Connection  (Read 2349 times)

Offline iry100fanTopic starter

Tang Nano 9K FPGA Board - No USB Cable Connection
« on: November 13, 2022, 02:34:48 am »
Hi Everyone,

I just received my first two Tang Nano 9K FPGA boards.  I am having trouble trying to program them.

When I run the programmer I get the error message "No USB Cable Connection".  I have tried both Linux and Windows plus both boards I purchased but no combination changes the problem.  Linux detects the boards as "Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT2232C/D/H Dual UART/FIFO IC" and Windows detects it at "SIPEED JTAG Debugger" and two USB Serial Converters show up under device manager.  In Windows I have tried installing the driver located in the GoWin Programmer folder but that also made no difference.

Does anyone have experience with this and can help?

Thanks in advance.
-Brian

Offline kmike

• Regular Contributor
Re: Tang Nano 9K FPGA Board - No USB Cable Connection
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 07:15:42 am »
I also had problems with older versions of the Gowin programmer, but the newest version works for me (Win10 and Gowin 1.9.8.09)

Anyway, Sipeed recommends using their programmer, that worked every time for me, you can download it on the bottom of this page (Attention / point 2):

https://wiki.sipeed.com/hardware/en/tang/Tang-Nano-9K/Nano-9K.html
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 07:48:14 am by kmike »

Offline iry100fanTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 04:12:45 pm »
Hi kmike,

I upgraded from version 1.9.8.08 to 1.9.8.09 and the USB cable was immediately detected in Windows.  Thank you for the information.

Linux still doesn't see the cable, but as you stated, Sipeed recommends a different method.  I will try that out a little later and see how that goes under Linux.

Again, thanks for the help.
-Brian

Offline kmike

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 09:12:16 am »
Hi,

for Linux, you could also use openFPGALoader, the Tang Nano 9k is on the list of supported boards

https://github.com/trabucayre/openFPGALoader

br,
kmike

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf