Author Topic: Vitis 2023.1 would not open after crash  (Read 4527 times)

Offline ali_asadzadehTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Vitis 2023.1 would not open after crash
« on: November 20, 2023, 12:03:01 pm »
Hi,
After a few days of working with Vitis 2023.1 it crashed for one time and after that when I run it, it's gui would not open, I'm using win11 and it only shows an eclipse.exe process in task manager, also I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole vivado, But the same would happen, do you have any Idea how to fix it?
ASiDesigner, Stands for Application specific intelligent devices
I'm a Digital Expert from 8-bits to 64-bits

Offline Daixiwen

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Vitis 2023.1 would not open after crash
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 01:59:04 pm »
if it still crashes after reinstalling it, then it could be a file in its workspace that is causing it to crash. I would delete the workspace folder (after a backup of course) or move it in another place, and then attempt to restart Vitis and create a new workspace.

Offline colorado.rob

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 03:08:49 pm »
Eclipse usually logs info to <workspace>/.metadata/.log/ -- I'd check there first to see if there is any info about what is happening when opening the project. As Daixiwen said, this is almost certainly due to a corrupt file in your workspace. Two possibilities are corruption of the Eclipse project and corruption of the Eclipse workspace. If you can correlate the crash to a specific log line, you may be able to determine which file is causing the problem.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 03:27:07 pm »
I already have deleted the old workspace directory, But again it would not open, after 30 minuets of running it would log something like this

Code: [Select]
!SESSION 2023-11-20 16:51:27.270 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=2023.1
java.version=11.0.16.1
java.vendor=Eclipse Adoptium
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2023-11-20 17:59:11.420
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: -2147483641 > 7
at java.base/java.util.Arrays.copyOfRange(Arrays.java:3990)
at java.base/java.util.Arrays.copyOfRange(Arrays.java:3950)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.ChooseWorkspaceDialog.lambda$6(ChooseWorkspaceDialog.java:387)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:195)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1655)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:484)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:474)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:913)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:578)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.ChooseWorkspaceDialog.createUniqueWorkspaceNameMap(ChooseWorkspaceDialog.java:391)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.ChooseWorkspaceDialog.createRecentWorkspacesComposite(ChooseWorkspaceDialog.java:325)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.ChooseWorkspaceDialog.createDialogArea(ChooseWorkspaceDialog.java:179)
at com.xilinx.ide.application.ui.ide.ChooseWorkspaceWithRestoreDialog.createDialogArea(ChooseWorkspaceWithRestoreDialog.java:45)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.TitleAreaDialog.createContents(TitleAreaDialog.java:161)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1094)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:788)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.ChooseWorkspaceDialog.prompt(ChooseWorkspaceDialog.java:117)
at com.xilinx.ide.application.ui.Application.promptForWorkspace(Application.java:275)
at com.xilinx.ide.application.ui.Application.checkInstanceLocation(Application.java:190)
at com.xilinx.ide.application.ui.Application.start(Application.java:74)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)

And I have no clue of what might be wrong

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2023, 10:45:03 pm »
I don't know, Java is great. :popcorn:

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 07:34:39 am »
I have deleted the config file, now it opens :palm: :palm: :palm:

Offline dje666

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 12:41:59 pm »
Hello Ail,

Can you please elaborate on the Config file that you deleted to fix this issue. A file name and location would be very much appreciated as I struggle with the exact same issue.

Thanks,
DJE666

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2024, 08:10:13 am »
Just delete every thing including the installation folder, user profile files  "C:\Users\youruseraccount\AppData\Local\xilinx"  etc, it should work with a fresh install

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf