Author Topic: What FPGAs Are Still Available?  (Read 5173 times)

Offline miken

• Regular Contributor
Re: What FPGAs Are Still Available?
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2021, 08:31:27 am »
I haven't had any problems running Vivado on Ubuntu provided the software/OS versions are contemporary enough. A few libraries may need to be installed (libtinfo5, libncurses5).

If you don't need the absolute latest stuff, 2019.2 is almost 20 GB smaller ;)

Offline olkipukki

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2021, 09:19:21 am »

Offline SuntUnMorcov

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2021, 01:50:00 pm »
The one thing that's annoying is that it relies on the full installer (in tar.gz format), and there seems to be only ONE download for it from Xilinx supporting all OSs, which means you have to download a ~43GB archive. |O

Really?!  That's pretty damn awful.

Also, I've installed Lattice Diamond on Windows 10 without much hassle at all (at least in a state where I can use a node-locked license for the software).  However, I am having issues with the node-locked software license provided by Lattice, in the sense that the provided license file doesn't contain the relevant feature data for the Diamond software - only ispLEVER and Radiant.  And annoyingly, I obtained this license file via the webpage for requesting a free node-locked license for Diamond (https://www.latticesemi.com/Support/Licensing/DiamondAndiCEcube2SoftwareLicensing/DiamondFree).

When I execute Diamond, I'm greeted with a message which states a 'License Checkout' error has occurred, as no license data for the LSC_DIAMOND_A feature could be found in the license file.  This is indeed accurate and I have confirmed this is the case by examining the provided license file.

I guess I'm going to have to get in touch with Lattice's customer support to rectify this.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf