Author Topic: Xilinx DDR Controller Strange Behavior in Sim  (Read 2205 times)

Offline mark179Topic starter

Xilinx DDR Controller Strange Behavior in Sim
« on: January 12, 2024, 06:50:11 pm »
Hey guys, I'm having some issues with writing to a DDR controller via an AXI-MM interface. We don't have a board yet so I'm trying to get this verified in simulation.

First, I loaded up the DDR Controller example design (which doesn't simulate because it's looking for some file in a folder that doesn't exist and I'm not sure where it is pointing to.
Code: [Select]
ERROR: failed to open /tmp/sim_tb_top.\mem_model_x16.mem.memRank[0].memModel[0].u_ddr3_x16 .open_bank_file.0.
So I'm working with no sim and very little guidance on the DDR Interface, but I pull the test module connecting to this interface and put it in my design in case the thing needs to communicate to work.

No matter what I do, I seem to find wready drop out after the 21st write, whether that is in a huge burst or an 8-word one. I have attached a few simulation images below to show what I mean. oqe1 shows the whole write until it fails on the third transaction, oqe2 shows the first good transaction, and oqe3 zooms in on the third bad transaction. I have temporarily routed bvalid back around to bready just to read the response in my write state, where bresp is now 2. I have absolutely no idea why the write is failing here. Any pointers to guide me in the right direction?

Offline mark179Topic starter

Re: Xilinx DDR Controller Strange Behavior in Sim
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 03:41:08 pm »
So I ended up fixing this issue some time ago. I had mistakenly set awsize to 7 when it should have been 4... Changing this fixed everything!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf