Author Topic: Need help, someone can acces my microsoft account (via xbox?)  (Read 1887 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline knowneevbloguserTopic starter

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 1
  • Country: de
Hi, I'am a long time user here and created this account as my my normal eevblog account is connected to my (compromised) email adres.

Here is my problem:
Someone is threatening me by email send with emails send from my own (hotmail) email adres. (no not a look-a-like, I can not block it or report it because it is mine)
Likely gained acces after one of the many data breaches.

I still have full control over that account and enabled 2fa and daily do a "log-out on all devices" (all devices doesn't include xbox), however the terrorist persists.

There is a unknown xbox account linked to the microsoft account, likely created by the offender. I never had/needed/wanted a xbox account.
Also changed the password on that xbox account but as far as I understand xboxes can remain logged in forever....

So a huge flaw in the microsoft security. 


Any help/advice on what to do next?  :-//

Would like to nuke the xbox account but no can do?
 

Offline Halcyon

  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6806
  • Country: au
Re: Need help, someone can acces my microsoft account (via xbox?)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2026, 02:17:22 am »
I'd suggest reach out to Microsoft support. If you've already checked and can't find a way to unlink them, then you may not be able to.
 

Offline Haenk

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1918
  • Country: de
Re: Need help, someone can acces my microsoft account (via xbox?)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2026, 08:02:00 am »
Strafanzeige stellen; ggfs. bei der Polizei vor Ort, die können auch Kontakt zur Cybercrime-Abteilung herstellen.

(And yes, I went through the process of recovering my locked out MS-account just last week. Which took my almost 2 hours, as *all* of the recovery methods were non-functional. This is pure evil; I doubt, any MS programmer ever had to use that process.)
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->