Depends quite a bit on, well a quite a bit.
The idle efficiency of hardware varies quite a lot these days, even more so when "hi end" is not particularly specific. And is also highly influenced on how well it can enter the lower states. Which can easily be ruined by improper UEFI configurations, wrong power plan, or a pesky process in the background being naughty. Or any external devices you have connected to it over USB etc.
I grabbed a few measurements from my setup, which would have been reasonably high end from last generation. I listed the details of the computer in question below.
MSI B550 tomahawk
Ryzen 9 5900x
Corsair 32GB 3600Mhz with EXPO on (this can make a difference)
RTX 3070
2x 8TB WD RED
4x assorted 2.5" SSD
2x NVMe SSD
5x 120mm case fans (no RGB)
Noctua NH-D15 cooler (2 fans)
USB devices:
Backlit keyboard
Wireless mouse
Webcam
1x 4 port powered USB hub
2x Oculus rift sensors
Oculus CV1 headset
3 monitors connected to said system, 1440p x2 and 4k, which relates to whatever the GPU consumes.
I did 3 quick measurements. Motherboard + GPU RGB on, then one with them off, and then one scrolling a few websites and poking around VS code. I measured everything from the wall with a power meter so fancy it doesn't even have a model name on it. A proper 30 bucks in a random store a few years ago. It had a 15min settle time before starting any of the collection. Recorded the measurements and averaged a 3 min period. Which is not long, but I had been at it almost a hour and I was getting lazy since I had to write it down manually. It was mostly to see what the consumption is roughly at, and how much of a difference it makes.
LED off : 118w
LED on: 122w
web browsing/code: 129w
Which is kinda what I expected. It's a pretty packed system and every little bit adds up. A couple of watts for the USB stuff, a few more for the storage devices, throw in a couple more here and there for the fans.
It makes a significant difference on the Zen series of CPUs how you set it up as well. Out of the box mine was a proper power hog. Now it's mostly tweaked for high end performance, not low idle consumption. The 5900x is generally sitting somewhere around 45-50w during idle. Which is quite high, but also not unexpected for a processor of this type. It is not made to sit around doing nothing and mine tend to average ~75% load over the course of months, I bought it to use it.
One could definitely get this down a bit, i'd say 70w would not be unreasonable to reach. Less monitors connected, throw it in eco-mode, disable backlight on keyboard etc. Not having as many drives also helps to shave off a bit.
A more modern and suitable system could probably go down to 45-50w, a bit lower. But thats pushing it for a high-end system. There is quite a lot of stuff running even when you arn't loading the hardware particularly much. Motherboards are pretty packed these days. I'd argue a Intel system would have lower idles, with their efficiency cores and all that. Drawback there is the insane load usage instead.
Well it's not much, but it's something at least.