Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1445569 times)

Offline sanarose

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1250 on: October 11, 2013, 05:02:44 am »
Hi friends my name is Sana. i am new here i recently join this great community this is great forum to get information i read out all the threads on this forum and get pretty knowledge and also shared my knowledge in this forum....
Anyways would you like to introduce your self...??

Offline Mex

« Reply #1251 on: October 11, 2013, 11:03:27 am »
Hi all,

I am a UK PHD student in Computer Science and I help run our Universities Maker society. (http://tinkersoc.org)

Offline greg_gsg

« Reply #1252 on: October 11, 2013, 02:30:03 pm »
Hello from Greece

I have a company here in Greece (a one man show really) and I do electronic design, technical consulting etc for my customers.

I "use" David s video blog/channel , especially after a long day to relax and learn something new...

Gregory

Gregory

Offline mr6b

« Reply #1253 on: October 11, 2013, 11:13:04 pm »
Hello everyone :)

First offall Thank you Dave for all the good YouTube videos

Im from Norway and my spelling sucks bigtime :) have been playing around whit electronics for a fea years now most audio stuff and old computers since im a retro gamer and a music lover ..

I have no background in electronics so some of the eevblog videos are way to complex for me but i never get tierd of them :)

My "lab" equipment is a old Kenwood CS1022 scope, Fluke 87 and a fea diy powersupplyes , next on my must have list is a frequency generator and a digital scoop

Offline krux

• Supporter
  • Geek
    • krux dot org
« Reply #1254 on: October 12, 2013, 03:35:58 am »
Hey all.  Krux here from SYN Shop in Las Vegas, Nevada.  I hack on electronics, make robots, and custom steampunk goggles.

In the middle of a web site redesign, but the following will get you to a link of some of the projects I've done:

https://krux.org/projects

and also here:

https://synshop.org/blog/krux

And yes, the web cert for krux.org is expired as well.. that's also on my list to.
perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

Offline Gravity1337

« Reply #1255 on: October 12, 2013, 05:40:58 am »
Hi, I'm Matt - been dabbling in one way or another for years. Trying to finally get a better understanding of everything so I can do some more complicated stuff.

Offline jakeyflower

• Newbie Electronic Kit Solderer
« Reply #1256 on: October 12, 2013, 10:31:00 am »
Hello everyone, My names Jakey I love electronics, I'm 21 as a kid i always use to pull apart electronics to see how they worked :)

I'd also like to personally Dave (eevBlog) I found out about him and this website Through this video "EEVblog #180/183/186 - Soldering Tutorial Part 1/2/3" 

I've realised why all my soldering has been crap and I gave up, I always soldered the tip first, had a crap iron an was using cheap crappy solder, I can't wait to give this another go as I love building electronics kits but gave? up because of my bad experience, Thank You Again!

Anything else you'd like to know about me just ask :)
Newbie Electronic Kit Solderer

Offline HyBird

« Reply #1257 on: October 12, 2013, 02:10:06 pm »
Hi Guys,

My Name ist Marco Iam 39 years old and i live in Bonn (Germany).
Iam working in a little Factory as Chemical Technican Assistent.
My Job there is mixing fatty things with Water and emulgators to get
Cremes and Lotions for sensible Skins. (anti allergic Stuff without harmful parfum or conservation agents)

My second job and hobby is: I am a PC Doctor (PC Doktor Bonn)
I try to help all the People with a Computer Issue.
So i also interestet to educate myself in electronics.
And one Day i stumbeled over thhe EEVBlog with dave and his funny Voice. So i was infected by the EEVBlog Virus.
And now it was time to sign in into the Forum to meet all this other Guys with so much potential......

And if you have an issue with your Computer ask me i will try to help........

Offline jakeyflower

• Newbie Electronic Kit Solderer
« Reply #1258 on: October 12, 2013, 02:18:48 pm »

Hi Guys,

My Name ist Marco Iam 39 years old and i live in Bonn (Germany).
Iam working in a little Factory as Chemical Technican Assistent.

Hey hybird, nice to meet you :)
I have sensitive skin an use some cream to sometimes :P

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
Newbie Electronic Kit Solderer

Offline bitluni

• Contributor
    • bitluni
« Reply #1259 on: October 12, 2013, 06:48:07 pm »
Hi,

My name is Matthias but most people on the webs know me as luni or bitluni (latter one for the uniqueness) and I'm 34 years old and live in Germany. Probably I have to hide now since as far as I know Dave hates software engineers, but that's just because he's jealous :box: I started with programming 23 years ago, but you could say I was always curious about electronics (btw I loved watching the curiosity-show when I was a child) and building stuff. My achievements until 10th birthday were beeing electrocuted two times by 230V mains taking things apart ::). In lack of a proper 'lab' I fully committed to software until early this year when I started with electronics again. Now after few months and about 2k€ later I could say my lab is sufficiently populated with equipment and components to build all the crazy stuff flooding my imagination.
At the beginning the EEVBlog was to sophisticated for me as a beginner, but with the help of other youtubers like Patrick Hood-Daniel, afrotechmods I got more of the basics and can follow quite well now. I also appreciate the new fundamentals segment from Dave (keep doing it  :-+).
I also started my own youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp_5PO66faM4dBFbFFBdPSQ which isn't the best atm. But it's getting better with the practice I get. Don't get it wrong.. I won't be like another "how to"-channel, but more like a mad scientist project channel (more like Ben Krasnow or Jamie Mantzel).  >:D 

I hope you people are nice!

Offline twjdeboer

• Contributor
« Reply #1260 on: October 12, 2013, 08:44:05 pm »
I'm a student at the TU Delft in The Netherlands. My specialization is in Mechanical Engineering, but my heart is in Electronics. I plan on doing a Masters in Mechatronics or something similar. My passion has started after a project in Mechatronics in which I had to relearn a lot about electronics, about a year ago. While I was doing this I stumbled upon the EEVblog on Youtube. I've been hooked ever since. My English is not terrible, but please correct me if I make any grave errors, I can always learn!

Offline tized

• Contributor
« Reply #1261 on: October 12, 2013, 09:25:02 pm »
Hello All,

I've been following Dave's blogs on and off for the past three years, but only recently discovered the forum. So after a few months of just passively lurking around, decided to join in.

My whole childhood I've taken things apart, so after my army service (during which I took some very expensive things apart) I did my B.Sc. EE to learn how to put everything together again. For many years I worked for a very big chip manufacturer, first as a test automation engineer and later as a VLSI functional verification engineer. Nearly a year ago I left said big company to a small outfit which designs cryptographic accelerators, secret key management and secure execution IP. (Cue black helicopters...) 

I have a humble home lab where I experiment with a bit of everything in electronics. Recent projects are a TA2022 based amplifier and some color LEDs for my kids hive shelves. 

TiZed

Offline Zsola

« Reply #1262 on: October 12, 2013, 10:01:53 pm »
Hi all, I am Zsola from Göd, Hungary!
I have an Electrical Engineer BSc (Automation, Vehicle Electronics Engineer), and have a Technical degree of IT systems. After the school I have started to write at Computer Panorama magazine (tester, then head of the testlab) and later at Chip magazine that I am still doing (17 years so far). I decided to renew my knowledge and go back to electronics about 3 years ago and do some products based mainly on PIC. I am a freelancer now, beside the writing I do electronics (design and repair) for fun, and hopefully for some money.
I have found EEVblog around no. 500, so I started to see all the posts from the beginning :)

Offline Napalm2002

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1263 on: October 13, 2013, 03:41:49 am »
Hi I'm mike

Kind of a beginner, but I have a nice set of test equipment. Fluke 289,27,16,179,8062, two 8060a's 8024 8022b two 8020b's and an 8020a. Oh yeah two Triplett 630's Triplett 666 and an old tektronics anolog scope and two b&k power supplies and a b&k transistor testor. Love Dave's tear downs and all his videos and am just kinda hungry for knowledge. Off topic I am a mechanic by trade so any off topic car questions are welcome to my eev blog friends.

Offline rarthur22

« Reply #1264 on: October 13, 2013, 05:12:46 am »
Hello All.  I have watched quite a few of Dave's videos and really enjoy them.  I am an Instrument Technician for a waste-water treatment plant (not very glamorous but someone has to do it!).  I have a lot of interest in electronics and have learned a lot from Dave's videos and drawings.  Has Dave ever done any presentations on 4-20ma loops and how they work?  We use a lot of those and there seems to be some misunderstanding about them.  I think it would be a worthy topic.

Offline MeneGR

« Reply #1265 on: October 13, 2013, 04:50:02 pm »
Hello everybody!

My name is Menelaos and I am from near Athens, Greece.

I have a basic understanding in electronics, but I believe I'm in the right way. Many months ago I stumbled upon Dave's youtube videos and, of course, I got stuck. Right now I'm watching the EEVblog #400 - 400th Live Show and I thought to combine the video with the introduction here!

Can't wait to catch up, hopefully before the counter reaches EEVblog #600 (I will watch the #555th out of order!).
May the Force be with us all...

Offline geraldjhg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1266 on: October 14, 2013, 12:13:52 pm »
hi
 im gerald from buenos aires argentina, was born in 1951, now using mainly mega88papu and bascomavr
lately bought an owon ds7102v scope and a cem dt-337 acdc clamp meter -very usefull combo-   
some experience on small smps,  small airport lighting and laser cutting. here in bs as it is very easy to buy
over the counter electronic components down to chip level (not much smd).  live near 34º30'58"S  58º29'20"
saludos
G E R A L D

Offline jiggles

« Reply #1267 on: October 14, 2013, 11:01:14 pm »
I'm Callum and from Scotland. I'm a taker a part and not putting them back together working kind of person. Love electronics despite a lack of knowledge in the area but working on it all! Love to tinker and such.

Offline Noah

• My Blog
« Reply #1268 on: October 15, 2013, 09:03:01 am »
Hello folks

Another new user.. Or am I the first one from Switzerland..?! If not, please PM me!!!

I'am in a apprenticeship as EE and a electronics hobbyist for ages. I'm good in Microcontroller programming (Microchip and Freescale). My recent project is a brushless speed controller for UAVs and RC Airplanes.

Byside I play the piano and go to gym :clap:

Greetings from SwitzerlandNoah

Offline ixfd64

• Frequent Contributor
    • Facebook
« Reply #1269 on: October 16, 2013, 02:34:19 am »
*wipes shoes on door mat*

Hello, my name is Danny, and I'm currently a software engineer in the Silicon Valley. My interests and hobbies include science, video games, lasers and consumer fireworks.

Many of the discussions on this forum seem really interesting, so I decided to register after lurking for some time. I look forward to being a member of this community!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:38:04 am by ixfd64 »

Offline parabuzzle

• Contributor
« Reply #1270 on: October 16, 2013, 04:39:40 pm »
Hello, My name is Mike and I live in the heart of Silicon Valley California and I just stumbled upon the EEVblog youtube channel a few weeks ago. I'm a Software Engineer professionally and I have been an electronics hobbyist for awhile now.

-Mike

Online zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1271 on: October 17, 2013, 03:59:00 am »
All my life I have had affinity to electronics. As a kid I used to build simple electronic circuits and I went to a technical high school, in the electronic track. This is were I learned the basics of electronics and the love of everything digital ("you can do everything with only NAND gates"). After a few years of working as an electronic technician and loving it I decided to get more formal education. I ended up getting a degree in math  (the program was 3 years compared to 4 years EE so it was a no brainer ;-)) and then additional degrees in computer sciences and computer engineering (my dissertation was about computational geometry aspects of PCB routing).  My background in electronic is very useful in my career and have helped me working on a variety of disciplines from hardware design (board and HDL) and embedded software to, control systems, mobile systems and apps, EDA, internet technologies, and very large scale cloud systems and comptations. Kind of a jack of all trades, master of none.

These days I don't build as much hardware for the fun as I used to and would like, mostly because I can find outlet for the fire within in software. You can do quite a lot these days just by typing on a keyboard and moving the mouse, but I still love smell solder fume in the morning, really. I have a small lab at home, Weller solder iron, Hako desolder, Tek DSO, lab power supply, a small Fluke 107 multimeter, and a FLIR E4 on order. Trying to keep it manageable and simple.

Joined this site few weeks ago when I looked for multimeter reviews (ended up with the Fluke 107). It helped me reconnect with my electronic roots and I learn a lot for other people's postings and from Dave's videos, even little things such as how to optimize the shipping of thousands of PCB rulers (http://youtu.be/kU2qmhzlc2o).

Offline sky

« Reply #1272 on: October 17, 2013, 07:35:37 am »
Hello to all , my name is sky and I am from china.
I just graduated from college this year.
Hope we have a good time here.

Offline Jorpy

• Contributor
« Reply #1273 on: October 18, 2013, 10:23:21 am »
Hi!
My name is Jeppe and I'm from Denmark.
Currently 17 years old. I started out as an Arduino noob, but Dave got me interested in "real" electronics  :-+

Offline denizcan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1274 on: October 18, 2013, 11:32:07 am »
I am Deniz Can from Turkey. I make my living as a freelancer in embedded design. A work that forces me to use whatever chip is appropriate from whichever company to a given application.. I am like MCU tester.. :) Because of working with different chips forced me to develop simple and clean to use inter-mcu library.. My motto on developing embedded became: if you cannot re-use %90 percent of what you have written till now, you didn't do your job well..

I am famous on giving customer a few pages of code at final delivery, and they like it.. :))

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf