Author Topic: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)  (Read 3090636 times)

Offline dexters_lab

• Supporter
Re: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)
« Reply #1275 on: September 02, 2015, 02:22:39 pm »
The Batteriser Batteroo Google plus page is hilarious!  :-DD

Look at the attached image! Arianna Grande has changed her name apparently, and there is a guy named Barbara. The whole thing is a joke of monumental proportions! I am thinking whoever made these pages is not working for Batteroo, but against them and blackmailing them to stop before ruining things even further!  :-DD  :palm:

if you dig deeper, many of those accounts are in each others circles too

many are linked to:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/115510254665929876630/posts
and
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+UsedTruckSalesBrooklyn/posts

edit:

just tried calling 'Holistic Clients', no answer and the mailbox is full
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:32:22 pm by dexters_lab »

Offline lpickup

• Regular Contributor
  • Uncle Bobby Dazzler
« Reply #1276 on: September 02, 2015, 02:45:09 pm »
this discussion between Eevblog people and Batteriser fan boys is way below that. Unfortunately.

Axel.

So you'd reckon both sides are equally to blame for that?

This is not the first time that you're leaving me with the impression that you're implying some fault on Dave's (and his supporters') side. At least be clear about it.
Well if he's not clear, I will be...some of the anti-Batteriser comments are very childish and sink to name calling.  This is not Dave's fault.  In fact, he has asked us to keep civil about it (or just ignore it altogether).  I don't know if the comments come directly from people in this community, but since they reference items posted here within the past 24 hours, I think there's a better than average chance they are at least on these forums.  And I will say that it's not everyone, in fact it's a fairly small minority.  But you know that they will latch on to those few posts and use them as justification that they are being "harassed" by the EEVBlog community.

Folks, we have no need to sink to their level.  We've got science, physics and reality on our side.  And frankly it hurts our credibility to sink to their level.

Here is a recent example:

+Batteriser Batteroo HAHA, you are so full of shit it is amazing. You are the ones paying for the dislikes of EEVblog. Batteriser is just a big scam!

Offline dexters_lab

• Supporter
« Reply #1277 on: September 02, 2015, 02:47:38 pm »
and a little more digging and spotted this company in common with many of those G+ accounts: Bembry Business Design Studio

who provide....
http://bembrybusiness.multiscreensite.com/social-media

Offline fahraynk

« Reply #1278 on: September 02, 2015, 02:52:06 pm »
Since we have seen now that products work with a lower battery voltage, cant we design a working one ?
Basically... it would have to lower the voltage of the battery to slow the current so that products work on their minimum voltage rating. This should cause the products to work for less current.

Like a resonant capacitor/inductor circuit somehow designed to lower current into the product with magnetic flux change....

like if we create our own wire loop that the product uses instead of the battery, and shoot that wire loop with flux from an inductor coil, and when you compress the battery terminals then our original resonant circuit gets closed and activated, causing the inductor and capacitor to go in and out with our new chosen voltage level.

...hmm but that would cause it to be a AC voltage wouldn't it... Would also need a filter or diode or something... ugh. any thoughts ?

oh wait you could probably just use a voltage regulator for a LOWER voltage. like a 1.1 volt regulator ?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:59:56 pm by fahraynk »

Offline lpickup

• Regular Contributor
  • Uncle Bobby Dazzler
« Reply #1279 on: September 02, 2015, 02:52:53 pm »
Looks like Batteroo have a new spokesman...and now the claim is that we can get 800 TIMES the lifetime!

https://youtu.be/Yx5VE7xDRq4

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1280 on: September 02, 2015, 03:05:59 pm »
The amount of :palm: and :wtf: in this whole story are reaching insane levels...

I'm hoping that somehow, it was all just a clever social experiment to see how far people could believe unsubstantiated claims.

I don't know if the comments come directly from people in this community, but since they reference items posted here within the past 24 hours, I think there's a better than average chance they are at least on these forums.
Given that there's nearly 150 guests viewing this thread at the moment, I'm guessing they were never regulars in the community, but were just linked here from somewhere else.
Folks, we have no need to sink to their level.  We've got science, physics and reality on our side.  And frankly it hurts our credibility to sink to their level.
I agree. Everyone posting anti-Batteriser comments should stick to the facts.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:09:48 pm by amyk »

Offline Godzil

• Frequent Contributor
    • My own blog
« Reply #1281 on: September 02, 2015, 03:11:46 pm »
and a little more digging and spotted this company in common with many of those G+ accounts: Bembry Business Design Studio

who provide....
Doh!
I'm not a native english speaker so that could explain, but his accent is just horrible, and the presentation is just awfull  :wtf: :palm:
That's can't be a serious company, no way :-//
When you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective.
-- Yokoi Gunpei

Offline dexters_lab

• Supporter
« Reply #1282 on: September 02, 2015, 03:17:36 pm »

who provide....
Doh!
I'm not a native english speaker so that could explain, but his accent is just horrible, and the presentation is just awfull  :wtf: :palm:
That's can't be a serious company, no way :-//

out of the other G+ users following Batteriser that account seems to be the most genuine and is selling subscribers, followers etc

Offline lpickup

• Regular Contributor
  • Uncle Bobby Dazzler
« Reply #1283 on: September 02, 2015, 03:20:06 pm »
I don't know if the comments come directly from people in this community, but since they reference items posted here within the past 24 hours, I think there's a better than average chance they are at least on these forums.
Given that there's nearly 150 guests viewing this thread at the moment, I'm guessing they were never regulars in the community, but were just linked here from somewhere else.

Fair enough, but here is another example that implies he is the very definition of a regular:
You lot are the scum bags! ive been watching Daves videos from his first ever vid and he is the most genuine bloke going. now i understand a lot more now knowing you lot are American! BTW how much did it cost to buy all them dislikes!! this company is a F**K joke.

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1284 on: September 02, 2015, 03:41:34 pm »
I agree. Everyone posting anti-Batteriser comments should stick to the facts.
That first sounds like a good idea, but what exactly are the facts?
-there is no device
-there is no prototype
-there is no schematic
-there are no compliant reproducable test results
-there is no manual, no file
-there are no indepently tested results

There' s only a guy full of lies, about his idea, about the numbers, about the units, about graphs, about his plans, claims, regulation, safety ...
Everytime the EEVblog community comes with the proof of something, they just invent another lie.

I think it's good Dave discourages insults to them, but everyone has another kind of argueing.
Especially after seeing how that Batteroo guy starts the insults himself....
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:48:24 pm by Galenbo »
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline Godzil

• Frequent Contributor
    • My own blog
« Reply #1285 on: September 02, 2015, 03:48:44 pm »
Everytime the EEVblog community comes with the proof of something, they just invent another lie.
But something we can they are is entertaining, we all hold our breath for the next outcome of the Butter-riser video/comment/trick :)
They make us laugh a lot, that's a good point no?
When you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective.
-- Yokoi Gunpei

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
« Reply #1286 on: September 02, 2015, 03:49:16 pm »
Looks like Batteroo have a new spokesman...and now the claim is that we can get 800 TIMES the lifetime!

https://youtu.be/Yx5VE7xDRq4

Please someone download that video before it disappears. It is a real comedy.  :-DD Never mind the Batteriser, it is just the way Mr. Lesko does his intro and the interview, it was very entertaining!

Now back to the Batteriser facts, I agree to hold judgement until we see what they come up with in less than 3 months. Keeping it professional and scientific. This story will continue to unfold in all sorts of bizarre ways, even without any comments or input from anyone from the EEVBlog community. So just sit back and watch, and bring some popcorn.  :popcorn:

YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Offline SundayProgrammer

• Contributor
« Reply #1287 on: September 02, 2015, 04:01:27 pm »
this discussion between Eevblog people and Batteriser fan boys is way below that. Unfortunately.
Axel.
So you'd reckon both sides are equally to blame for that?
This is not the first time that you're leaving me with the impression that you're implying some fault on Dave's (and his supporters') side. At least be clear about it.

lpickup summarizes pretty well what I meant. Also when Dave calls someone as "clown" it is throwing gasoline on the fire.... as an example.

I have followed Dave for many years. Not from the very beginning but almost. I also have been regular supporter as long that I can't even remember. When I see debate like this growing and growing each day I thought that I have right to express my opinion.

And to be absolutely clear: even if Batteriser crew has made this personal, even if they provoke all the time, even if their comments keep on sinking... we don't need to. At least for me it would be more satisfying to watch professional responses to all of their claims and in the end: test/review the actual product and bust it completely.

If you say that no one here isn't provoked by Batteriser people... I rest my case.

Axel.

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1288 on: September 02, 2015, 04:03:29 pm »

Offline lincoln

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1289 on: September 02, 2015, 04:20:41 pm »
Dude. Google lists their office right around the corner form me... I'm tempted to see what the deal is.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1290 on: September 02, 2015, 04:52:07 pm »
What's the big deal with the office location, both Apple and Google operated out of a garage until they found investors.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1291 on: September 02, 2015, 05:33:26 pm »
What's the big deal with the office location, both Apple and Google operated out of a garage until they found investors.

Sure... but Apple and Google both had working products.

When you don't...? It's all offices, suits and slick marketing videos.

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
« Reply #1292 on: September 02, 2015, 05:41:46 pm »
Dave just did a video about "buying likes/dislikes" on YouTube. That was an eye-opener for me. I didn't realize there are companies that do this kind of thing! Which led me to think about the same being true of Kickstarter and IndieGogo campaigns.

So here is a "thought".... Follow me along with this one:

PAYING TO KICKSTART A KICKSTARTER/GOGO AN INDIEGOGO

Someone decides to start up a crowd-funding campaign. The psychology of it is that if people see other people throwing money at something, they will be more likely to do it.

So the project creator pays a company to "pay" into a campaign. I'm not sure how this is done, whether you can use the same credit card to pay multiple times into a system or whether this can be circumvented or not.

Bottom line is, such a "crowd-funding backer" (CFB) company could have a bunch of fake users, multiple credit cards linked to those accounts, and pay into a campaign. The project creator would give the CFB company perhaps $105,000.... they would get back $100,000 from them, so net cost to CFB would be $5,000. Of course, IndieGogo or Kickstarter would also keep a percentage (maybe another 5% or $5,000 from the $100,000). This would leave project creator with $95,000 back.

So they effectively would have paid $105,000 to get back $95,000 and CFB would keep $5000 and crowd-funding site another $5000. Net cost for this service would be $10,000. What does this $10,000 buy you?

Well, having your campaign backed to the tune of $100,000 along the way may also be enough psychological motivation to entice perhaps another $200,000 out of other real people to join the campaign. So the project creator has lost $10,000 in order to potentially gain $200,000.

It reminds me of seminars where overly-enthusiastic people are "planted" in the audience (the "shill") to help encourage unsuspecting people to part with their money.

Now I know it is a bit of a "far-fetched" idea. But I didn't know things like this existed and were allowed until I saw Dave's video about YouTube paying for Likes/Dislikes and all this fake Google Plus+ and Facebook and other social media service companies. SO... Perhaps this stuff, if not already being done, may actually happen? What do you think?

YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Offline dexters_lab

• Supporter
« Reply #1293 on: September 02, 2015, 05:50:48 pm »
interesting idea, but there are easier and less risky ways to manipulate a market, as someone pointed out the shill backers only needed to back to the sum of $1 to allow them to post in the comments

creating media spin for your product is a far better idea... and legal

Offline 5ky

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1294 on: September 02, 2015, 06:43:29 pm »
I just got the notification that the GPS unit just arrived at my front door.  Once I get home, it's on like donkey kong.  :popcorn:

Offline lpickup

• Regular Contributor
  • Uncle Bobby Dazzler
« Reply #1295 on: September 02, 2015, 06:51:03 pm »
PAYING TO KICKSTART A KICKSTARTER/GOGO AN INDIEGOGO

I don't know if I'd trust a company needing to stoop to such low standards to drum up support to pay me back my $105K.  Sounds like a highly risky way to make $5K.

Offline lpickup

• Regular Contributor
  • Uncle Bobby Dazzler
« Reply #1296 on: September 02, 2015, 06:57:53 pm »
Ladies & Gentlemen, your attention please...

The part of "Batteriser Batteroo" on YouTube is now being played by "Batteriser Fan Page".

We now join our program currently in progress.

Offline rollatorwieltje

• Supporter
  • I brick your boards.

Offline dr_frost_dk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1299 on: September 02, 2015, 08:37:37 pm »
One thing that makes all this even worse is WHY THE F**K do you do an interview on a channel like Matthew_Lesko.

1. He seems kinda out-there with the free everything
2. His videos have VERY few views

This batteriser thing (followed since beginning and been watching EEVBlog for some years) HAS ALL the red flags of scams and such.

SO far they have not shown ONE video with ANY proof, the only one that comes "close" is the GPS thing, even thou we have found reviews that say it will do about 10 hours (normal use), but as a couple of users here have ordered that GPS we will soon see what is what.

Oh and now again they have removed the like/dislike from their videos......

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf