Author Topic: Whats your Work-Bench/lab look like? Post some pictures of your Lab.  (Read 2307172 times)

Offline aargee

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Whats your Work-Bench/lab look like? Post some pictures of your Lab.
« Reply #1375 on: August 26, 2015, 04:36:49 am »
Mallet? What mallet?  :-//  All I can see is a percussive adjustment tool.
Not easy, not hard, just need to be incentivised.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1376 on: August 26, 2015, 02:15:02 pm »
My bench begins with a 7' executive desk that is 42" deep. The desk is up on blocks since the orginal legs wouldn't support a third of the weight it has on it now.
24" deep shelves 6' long are held up with home made spacers made from 2X4s.
Painted my special shade of Candy Apple Flat Black.

I paid $60.00 US for the desk, getting it home would have been a problem but the used office furniture store delivered it for free.
There is all kinds of potential good deals for workbenchs out there just waiting to be had.
Is that a halli sitting on the end of your desk?
If you want to get rid of all that obsolete stuff above your desk let me know. :)
It is an SX-62, and it works. :)
There is a new piece of obsolete gear added recently.
My HP-5245 frequency counter that goes from 10HZ to 3GHZ. (I only two converters so far)
I love my boatanchors. :)
Sue AF6LJ

Offline fivefish

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1377 on: August 26, 2015, 09:36:08 pm »
This is just my packing, assembly and  test area. It's also my workbench for trying out new things.  But I have another desk for my computer workstation, and down in the garage a CNC machine for light metalwork duties, and another workbench with drill press, brake, etc.

Test equipment placement is not ideal, but it's better now than it was before where I had to take my project to another bench to do testing/powering up. Then back here to change values, then back there again, rinse and repeat.  The small size of the Rigol scope is very nice, I can put it on the bench if I need to. But still keeping my old Tek 2465A as backup.

I put together a 7 shelf bin on wheels and I organize projects I'm working on, with each project having its own bin. So all parts, documents, boards related to that project is in one place. It used to be these projects were in boxes stacked on the floor but if I have to get to the bottom box, I have to move everything on top of it. Now that everything is on a shelf, it's more convenient, and I can roll the whole shelf elsewhere to access area behind it (another workbench that is not utlizied, just crap of stuff on top of it.)

I have a toaster oven, on top of my audio analyzer... also a TV + NTSC camera for SMD board inspection.

All my "hand tools" related to soldering are to my right (3 soldering irons, hot air gun, hakko desolder gun, solder paste dispenser + air compressor)... all sitting on top of a small fridge, to store my solder paste.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:39:25 pm by fivefish »

Offline Daniel_Reyes

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1378 on: August 26, 2015, 10:02:50 pm »
This is just my packing, assembly and  test area. It's also my workbench for trying out new things.  But I have another desk for my computer workstation, and down in the garage a CNC machine for light metalwork duties, and another workbench with drill press, brake, etc.

Test equipment placement is not ideal, but it's better now than it was before where I had to take my project to another bench to do testing/powering up. Then back here to change values, then back there again, rinse and repeat.  The small size of the Rigol scope is very nice, I can put it on the bench if I need to. But still keeping my old Tek 2465A as backup.

I put together a 7 shelf bin on wheels and I organize projects I'm working on, with each project having its own bin. So all parts, documents, boards related to that project is in one place. It used to be these projects were in boxes stacked on the floor but if I have to get to the bottom box, I have to move everything on top of it. Now that everything is on a shelf, it's more convenient, and I can roll the whole shelf elsewhere to access area behind it (another workbench that is not utlizied, just crap of stuff on top of it.)

I have a toaster oven, on top of my audio analyzer... also a TV + NTSC camera for SMD board inspection.

All my "hand tools" related to soldering are to my right (3 soldering irons, hot air gun, hakko desolder gun, solder paste dispenser + air compressor)... all sitting on top of a small fridge, to store my solder paste.

Showoff!!!!   [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1379 on: August 26, 2015, 11:16:50 pm »
Very nice; high degree of usefulness and a certain coolness factor.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #1380 on: August 27, 2015, 03:00:07 am »
I put my together my workbench starting with a Costco folding table and two Costco shelves used at the ends of the table at 90 degrees.

I had some 8 foot plywood boards that I used as shelves.  The shelves sit on the book shelves.  On the top shelve I zip tied a metal rod and to this I zipped tied a Costco LED light.  I think the whole thing was less than $150 including the light.

2x12s could be used as shelves.  No tools needed.  :)

The only fasteners I used were zip ties, so very easy to take apart.  The top shelf is on empty plastic boxes and I put lightweight stuff on it in case of earthquake.

Sorry for the mess, I am working on another project on the other side of the room

YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1381 on: August 27, 2015, 04:41:59 am »
@ fivefish, really impressive lab. What are your krk ref monitors?
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline fivefish

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1382 on: August 27, 2015, 12:20:29 pm »
@ fivefish, really impressive lab. What are your krk ref monitors?

They're 1st-gen KRK RP8 monitors, had them since 2007/8?

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1383 on: August 27, 2015, 12:28:41 pm »
I had some 8 foot plywood boards that I used as shelves.  The shelves sit on the book shelves.  On the top shelve I zip tied a metal rod and to this I zipped tied a Costco LED light.  I think the whole thing was less than $150 including the light.

I hope that top board doesn't come crashing down on your head some day LOL.  :(
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1384 on: August 27, 2015, 01:31:48 pm »
I put my together my workbench starting with a Costco folding table and two Costco shelves used at the ends of the table at 90 degrees.

2x12s could be used as shelves.  No tools needed.  :)

The only fasteners I used were zip ties, so very easy to take apart.  The top shelf is on empty plastic boxes and I put lightweight stuff on it in case of earthquake.

Sorry for the mess, I am working on another project on the other side of the room
Looks good.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1385 on: August 29, 2015, 12:08:11 pm »
As I had to tidy up my desk a bit for a small batch of boards, I thought it would be the right time to take a picture of my relatively tidy desk...

Due to serious lack of space (my entire electronics room is a mere 3.2 Metres x 1.6 Metres - About 10x5 feet in American money), I have to keep things as compact as possible. There's a further desk to the left for my PC and test area. On the right there's a desk with my SMD oven, a drill jig and circular saw for PCB cutting.

McBryce.

30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1386 on: August 29, 2015, 12:11:10 pm »
As I had to tidy up my desk a bit for a small batch of boards, I thought it would be the right time to take a picture of my relatively tidy desk...

Well use of a small space.  :-+
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline krivx

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1387 on: August 29, 2015, 12:28:15 pm »

Due to serious lack of space (my entire electronics room is a mere 3.2 Metres x 1.6 Metres - About 10x5 feet in American money), I have to keep things as compact as possible. There's a further desk to the left for my PC and test area. On the right there's a desk with my SMD oven, a drill jig and circular saw for PCB cutting.

McBryce.

What kind of microscope is that? I have been thinking about a cheap stereo scope

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1388 on: August 29, 2015, 01:21:24 pm »
What kind of microscope is that? I have been thinking about a cheap stereo scope

Looks a lot like a Bresser Biorit ICD CS.

I think it's actually a Chinese model - a very similar microscope is also sold as the AmScope SE400-Z.

Offline mcinque

• Supporter
  • I know that I know nothing
« Reply #1389 on: August 29, 2015, 02:54:07 pm »
That should be a Bresser 58-02520 http://it.rs-online.com/web/p/microscopi/7187337/

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1390 on: August 29, 2015, 05:34:48 pm »
That should be a Bresser 58-02520 http://it.rs-online.com/web/p/microscopi/7187337/
That is the Bresser Biorit ICD CS. Read the first line of the description.

Offline mcinque

• Supporter
  • I know that I know nothing
« Reply #1391 on: August 29, 2015, 06:07:22 pm »
sorry, I received the new message notification at page 28 (link), just before your message which is the first on page 29 and I posted without jumping at the last message. Nevermind.  :-//

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1392 on: August 29, 2015, 07:14:46 pm »
Yes, correctly guessed, it's a Bresser Biorit ICD CS. A great Microscope for the price. Comfortable to use, the right height to work/solder under and the extension means you can work on relatively large PCBs with it.

McBryce.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #1393 on: August 29, 2015, 07:15:16 pm »
PIC Programmer: PICkit2
Oscilloscope: B&K precision 2540
USB Logic analyzer:  USBee SX
PowerSupply:     Old Computer ATX PSU, +5v 15amp, +12v 6amp, -12v 0.3 amp, -5v 0.3 amp
DMM: Some Cheap meter from lowes.
DMM: Some Cheap meter from radio-shack.
Soldering irons:  Cheap ESD 15Watt, Cheap 30Wat, And a ECG 45watt De-soldering iron
Breadboard: about 5000 contacts
And a small collection of parts.

The bench is a bit of a mess. 
The room is about 8feet by 10feet, and this room is my bed room, I sleep over-top of the work-bench.
I live in a single wide mobile home.

+1 :-+  I used to live in a single wide and surprised you pulled this off
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1394 on: August 29, 2015, 07:45:09 pm »
That is the Bresser Biorit ICD CS. Read the first line of the description.

Just for completeness, here's the other stuff in the picture, from left to right:

Left: Peaktech 4080 20Mhz Func-gen. Agilent DSO3062. Tektronix 2465. These aren't floating in the air, they are mounted on a swing-arm that was meant for old CRT Monitors. The stuff below is a few random PCBs I'm working on, an EPROM eraser and resistor and capacitor decades from Gerry Sweeney (Thanks Gerry).
Middle: Rigol MSO1104Z-S, below is a Chinese solder bath, Biorit ICD CS, cheap Conrad Iron (crap, but it has a massive thermal mass for soldering big things :) ), some Proxxon screwdrivers, Ersa iCon Nano with fume extractor above it.
Right: Peaktech LCR Meter (not sure which model), ZD-939 - Chinese hot air rework station (cheap but does the job), Keithley 2000 and Rigol DP832.

McBryce.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 07:47:02 pm by McBryce »

Offline Rupunzell

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1395 on: August 30, 2015, 07:57:08 am »
Found a B&W image of my home lab about 1985-1986 or thirty_ish years ago.
Guess the test gear.. and camera used to make this image.

Bernice

Offline mikron

• Contributor
« Reply #1396 on: August 30, 2015, 09:52:24 am »
Nice photo! Taken with a 4x5 large format camera and a 90mm Super-Angulon?

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1397 on: August 30, 2015, 10:14:39 am »
Found a B&W image of my home lab about 1985-1986 or thirty_ish years ago.
Bernice
That must have been an amazing lab in those years.
The original Tektronix "Scope Mobile Cart Model 3" was more expensive then a Tektronix scope today.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1398 on: August 30, 2015, 10:20:11 am »
Looks like a Polaroid Instamatic film, with the peel of back.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #1399 on: August 30, 2015, 10:47:21 am »
Stab in the dark, a Minolta XG-M; Ilford film, IIRC they made the best B&W film in those days.
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf