Author Topic: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)  (Read 3083697 times)

Offline edy

• Super Contributor
    • DevHackMod Channel
Re: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)
« Reply #1225 on: September 02, 2015, 03:03:36 am »
Thanks.. that Google Plus page shows the whole comment thread. The last one is particularly revealing (a college student who is friends with the inventor's son and hoping to be paid at some point for his efforts):

Batteriser Batteroo - 1 minute ago
+c4757p They have a PR team, they handle IGG and Social Media. I'm a college student and friends with the inventor's son and the people who made the "fan videos". I reached out to Dave Jones several times to test and review the Batteriser with no reply. Once I saw YouTube has become a big joke and 99% trolls, also I found out which software EEVblog uses to manipulate social media. I realized he is clearly being paid for these videos, and also just getting his ratings up. This whole EEVblog vs Batteroo has become a circus, and I just decided to join in on the fun and shit talking.
If you want to see their professional marketing and PR team, follow their Facebook and IGG pages. I'm an idiot, but I know the Batteroo team was right from the start and decided to set this channel up to get their videos on YouTube (they only posted on Facebook) and most people search YouTube. I was hoping I can ask them for a check at the end of the campaign if it was successful. Fingers crossed! LOL

I highly doubt he ever tried to send Dave a Batteriser to test. Such lies.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:06:47 am by edy »
YouTube: www.devhackmod.com LBRY: https://lbry.tv/@winegaming:b Bandcamp Music Link
"Ye cannae change the laws of physics, captain" - Scotty

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1226 on: September 02, 2015, 03:10:31 am »
Just discovered that even though the comments on Youtube are moderated, you can see the full unmoderated discussion with this moron via Google Plus
e.g. https://plus.google.com/u/0/106095496873834311761/posts/9zCvkcWPjhu

That is one ugly conversation.

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
« Reply #1227 on: September 02, 2015, 03:16:16 am »
The youtube fanpage is starting to piss me off. I know it's one guy who's somehow related to the batteriser "inventors", but he's spewing crap left and right. While most of us from the forums are asking for science and data, all he's saying in response is "PhD...blaa blaa blaa...PhD.... we're smarter". This is a kid who's so damn insecure that he needs to boast about someone's credentials. Last time I checked, some of the most brilliant analog designers had no degree nor finished their degree, let alone a damn PhD... Some examples are from LT, Dobby and the late Jim, and yet they're regarded as some of the most brilliant engineers in analog.

Its not some dude in a basement. Its one of those PR social media digital reputation companies that do all of this shit. Next thing you know Dave will get unexpected ATO visit after anonymous tip and other shit (at least he is not in US so no SWATting).
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline Muxr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1228 on: September 02, 2015, 04:33:38 am »
The youtube fanpage is starting to piss me off. I know it's one guy who's somehow related to the batteriser "inventors", but he's spewing crap left and right. While most of us from the forums are asking for science and data, all he's saying in response is "PhD...blaa blaa blaa...PhD.... we're smarter". This is a kid who's so damn insecure that he needs to boast about someone's credentials. Last time I checked, some of the most brilliant analog designers had no degree nor finished their degree, let alone a damn PhD... Some examples are from LT, Dobby and the late Jim, and yet they're regarded as some of the most brilliant engineers in analog.

Its not some dude in a basement. Its one of those PR social media digital reputation companies that do all of this shit. Next thing you know Dave will get unexpected ATO visit after anonymous tip and other shit (at least he is not in US so no SWATting).
They are spending their VC/Kickstarter money to silence the internet exposing their little scam. Further proof they are a shady outfit. Who knows how many unsuspecting non technical people they've sold on this magical creation of theirs.

Offline tree

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1229 on: September 02, 2015, 04:34:38 am »

I think it was confirmed that it's some guy who's related to the Roohparvar brothers. But that's irrelevant at this point. Even if it's a social media firm, it's still rather annoying how unprofessional they're (he) behaving.

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1230 on: September 02, 2015, 05:33:01 am »
Bob, Frankie,

You're officially scraping rock bottom. Enjoy your sojourn in the sewer. I wanted to respect and like you as people despite our differences over your claims, but you just lost that completely.

Good luck with your retail gambit. Can't wait to see what happens when your kid's buddy threatens Amazon's staff. Will he be inviting all the one-star reviewers to Kennesaw County for an ass whooping in the B-school parking lot?  Do you really think these types of intimidation tactics work?!  Or did the threats and slander tactics already backfire spectacularly?

=========

Folks, I wouldn't get too wound up about this. The Batteroo guys are clearly desperate at this point. I'm beginning to wonder if SK Telecom hasn't cut them loose and just not made the announcement yet. I can't even imagine a mainstream retail channel picking these characters up at this juncture. The IGG campaign is totally pointless. It's a financial black hole at $300k and change.  I'm actually wondering how much of that campaign was actually astroturfed at this point given the current behavior.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:49:12 pm by LabSpokane »

Online EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #1231 on: September 02, 2015, 05:48:48 am »

Offline SundayProgrammer

• Contributor
« Reply #1232 on: September 02, 2015, 06:10:21 am »
Talking about energy.... what an amount of wasted energy many people have spent to this debate...
After reading Google+ comments, I would take one step back and wait for to get one device to test. After that it is possible to continue discussion - based on facts - again.

Axel.

Offline tree

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1233 on: September 02, 2015, 06:11:23 am »

Now you've done it Jones...
You had to go there.
This kid will now commit internet suicide from built up rage.....because you didn't insult him and actually feel bad for the ccompany.
Way to keep it professional and civilized Dave.

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1234 on: September 02, 2015, 06:15:59 am »
@dave

Very professional.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #1235 on: September 02, 2015, 06:22:27 am »
@dave
Very professional.

Thanks, I tried.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1236 on: September 02, 2015, 06:26:37 am »
...video...
What thought process even goes through these idiot's heads?

"Yeah, we could buy a load of dislikes on his videos, that'll fix him! Solve all out problems!!"   :palm:

PS: Looks like there's still people out there who haven't heard of the Streisand Effect. This will seriously backfire.

The mainstream press isn't much interested in a bunch of nerds in forums discussing whether Batteriser works or not. A youtube flamewar, OTOH? That's newsworthy!   :popcorn:

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1237 on: September 02, 2015, 06:31:09 am »

New claims: 

UL Verification. I hereby request to see the report and documentation of the test setup and procedures. Which UL Lab did the test?

FCC Certification. Curiously enough, the FCC database shows no record of Batteroo, nor your device. Care to make a revised statement or retraction, Bob?

Oh, and regarding the "6X" improvement in run time?  On a very similar model, I managed to get 6.5X by inserting fresh alkalines, turning everything to full tilt boogie and walking away. No Batteriser required.

Are you going to keeping making these bizarre claims?  It is time to come to Jesus.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 06:43:52 am by LabSpokane »

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #1238 on: September 02, 2015, 06:53:13 am »
Has anyone looked at the Batteriser Google+ page?
Almost all of the 82 people in their "circle" are very attractive young female.
I'm in the wrong business it seems.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #1239 on: September 02, 2015, 06:57:11 am »
FCC Certification. Curiously enough, the FCC database shows no record of Batteroo, nor your device. Care to make a revised statement or retraction, Bob?

They only admitted last week (Bob himself) that it didn't need FCC certification.
Then the next day they had a crack team working on it, and obviously the FCC had it all done and dusted by the weekend, so it clearly takes time to make it's way to the website, give it a few days ::)

Offline Godzil

• Frequent Contributor
    • My own blog
« Reply #1240 on: September 02, 2015, 07:25:48 am »
Dave: wow yes we are all wrong, that's some incredible circles!

But it's like for audiophiles products, with a friend we always complain how much rich we would be if we design such product instead of trying to be honest...
When you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective.
-- Yokoi Gunpei

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1241 on: September 02, 2015, 07:36:37 am »
They only put their certification team together last weekend.

Offline Barny

• Frequent Contributor
  • I'm from Austria, not Australia ;)
« Reply #1242 on: September 02, 2015, 07:38:05 am »
Do someone knew where this town "home" is?
I think I need to make my next vacation there  :-DD

Battero & Batteriser have one good thing.
Its the best way to start a day reading what these wacky people have done during night.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1243 on: September 02, 2015, 07:44:41 am »
Has anyone looked at the Batteriser Google+ page?
Almost all of the 82 people in their "circle" are very attractive young female.
I'm in the wrong business it seems.
Weirdly enough you can put those photos into google image search and they all turn out to be celebs!

Who knew that rich/famous women were creating profiles online just so they can be friends with Batteroo?

(Or maybe they're created by the same people who are downvoting your videos...)

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1244 on: September 02, 2015, 08:49:50 am »

Next they will accuse Dave of developing a battery sleeve with booster that doesn't work and performs worse than without.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1245 on: September 02, 2015, 08:54:35 am »
The thing I like about the payed dislikes is that now every healthy ousider like a cook, gardener and roofer clearly sees who's the scammer.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline MikeW

• Regular Contributor
  • Self confessed noob
« Reply #1246 on: September 02, 2015, 09:00:33 am »
The thing I like about the payed dislikes is that now every healthy ousider like a cook, gardener and roofer clearly sees who's the scammer.

In my opinion it's more common for the average person to not know anything about paid dislikes and just see the dislikes and think 'Well this guy must be wrong'.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1247 on: September 02, 2015, 09:15:57 am »
I honestly didn't think Batteroo, Roohparvar and the other people associated with this failure known as Batteriser could stoop to a new level of low... but it appears as though they have.

Yes, their claims are dubious which have been debunked and disproven through plain, simple science and mathematics. But now according to their comments, they are just attacking anyone who disagrees, which is not a great way to start a business. They have also been caught out blatantly lying and fabricating statements which they attempt to pass off as fact.

If they weren't scammers before, they certainly are now! I would trust a car salesman before I trust anything with the name Batteroo or Batteriser. The train wreak that is 'The Batteriser' has started its collision course (and we'll be there to witness it, popcorn in hand).  :popcorn:

Thankfully over 80%* of people trust the science and actual facts presented by Dave Jones and the EEVblog... or was that 800%...?

* This figure is based on a small hand-picked and made-up sample size which it totally organic and 99.9% fat-free!
It has not been independently or scientifically tested (just like the Batteriser hasn't).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:33:09 am by Halcyon »

Offline dexters_lab

• Supporter
« Reply #1248 on: September 02, 2015, 09:18:47 am »

In my opinion it's more common for the average person to not know anything about paid dislikes and just see the dislikes and think 'Well this guy must be wrong'.

tbh i think most people on youtube just ignore the like/dislike buttons

Offline PeterL

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1249 on: September 02, 2015, 10:15:28 am »

Funny how this YT-batteriser guy seems to think that FCC-testing is about the batterylife expanding capabilities of the batteriser..

And also:
From "We don't need FCC" to "We got approval" in just one week?

Seriously: I don't have any experience with testing for the US market, but is actually possible?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:19:47 am by PeterL »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf