Author Topic: Whats your Work-Bench/lab look like? Post some pictures of your Lab.  (Read 2308038 times)

Offline elex_enthusiast

• Regular Contributor
  • Everything has user-salvageable parts inside!!!!
Re: Whats your Work-Bench/lab look like? Post some pictures of your Lab.
« Reply #1325 on: July 04, 2015, 10:19:23 am »
What part of Philippines?....

i lived in the island of bohol sir to be exact..did you found philippines a nice place?
Always learn how to break and fix things electronics!

Offline elex_enthusiast

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1326 on: July 04, 2015, 10:26:43 am »
.... But I hope to visit again and see more of the country someday.
maybe you can visit bohol next time you visit here in the philippines and take a tour on chocolate hills..our most famous wonder here in our province...i could be your tour guide.. ;)

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #1327 on: July 04, 2015, 11:48:59 am »
i lived in the island of bohol sir to be exact..did you found philippines a nice place?
I found Manila fascinating. Not sure if I'd say nice. Lots of nice people, but so much sorrow and suffering. Lots of money right next to extreme poverty. More banks per square Km than I've ever seen anywhere else, which I'd cynically assume is part of the cause of the general poverty. Along with the yanks stealing all the gold. I wandered around on foot a lot, going places that tourists wouldn't normally see, and never felt unsafe. Just have to learn how to tell the street kids there's no point trying to pick your pockets. And make friends with some scammers.
I was there for several visits to StLukes hospital, for tests related to a medical malpractice case here, after demonstrated bad faith by some doctors here. That wasn't so much fun, and it really limited what I could do.

I like exploring uban & other abandonments, so I _really_ wanted to get out to Corregidor Island and camp for several days while exploring the WWII fortifications. But never had a long enough block of days free.
Also I actually prefer countryside to cities.

maybe you can visit bohol next time you visit here in the philippines and take a tour on chocolate hills..our most famous wonder here in our province...i could be your tour guide.. ;)

Hey, I've seen photos of those. Very cool. They're on my 'want to see' list. Thanks for the offer! If I ever make it there again I'll be in contact. Not sure when it might be... years perhaps.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline elex_enthusiast

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1328 on: July 04, 2015, 12:16:47 pm »
I found Manila fascinating. Not sure if I'd say nice. Lots of nice people, but so much sorrow and suffering. Lots of money right next to extreme poverty. More banks per square Km than I've ever seen anywhere else, which I'd cynically assume is part of the cause of the general poverty. Along with the yanks stealing all the gold. I wandered around on foot a lot, going places that tourists wouldn't normally see, and never felt unsafe. Just have to learn how to tell the street kids there's no point trying to pick your pockets. And make friends with some scammer..
Hell yeah..thats the reason why most of our citizens prefer to work overseas to earn better.. Poverty, unemployment, corruption are the cause why some commits crime just to earn a penny..youre lucky you were born on a first world country...how i wish to live on a country that could offer a better life to its citizens...unfortunately i was not born w/ a golden spoon...

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #1329 on: July 26, 2015, 09:44:36 am »
Thought I would post an update to mine. As I have some new kit and to prove to Tautech that I do use my DSO now, and I also do actually repair things even if the coffee cup on my bench is the most used thing on it. the item on the table is that farnell fg3 I got on here, now changed all the electrolytics , did some rewiring and soldering and it fires up first time now.

Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1330 on: July 26, 2015, 10:02:32 am »
As I have some new kit and to prove to Tautech that I do use my DSO now.....
:-DD
Nice old CRO you have....
And you need a cat.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #1331 on: July 26, 2015, 10:08:46 am »
And you need a cat.

You stop picking on my CRO  :rant: . it is always good to ensure you have a back up however newer you go, on top of that I dont tend to throw old things out, remember, we are all getting older, imagine being replaced be a newer version , my tools have feelings too !.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1332 on: July 26, 2015, 01:01:29 pm »
And you need a cat.

You stop picking on my CRO  :rant: . it is always good to ensure you have a back up however newer you go, on top of that I dont tend to throw old things out, remember, we are all getting older, imagine being replaced be a newer version , my tools have feelings too !.
You have a nice setup looks good.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #1333 on: July 26, 2015, 01:14:57 pm »
Death, no need to justify the CRO, I have a Tek 2235 sitting next to my hacked Hantek DSO5102B.  And you don't need a cat.  Evil creatures they are.  There are 2 in the house that belong to my stepdaughter and they are annoying as anything.  I will take my dogs any day.  My dogs don't lick themselves and rub their butts on the kitchen counters and dining room table.  It keep thinking that a quick marination in Hoisin sauce and Thai chili peppers sauted with veggies served with sticky rice, no one will notice a thing. >:D
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #1334 on: July 26, 2015, 01:50:18 pm »
@DeathW, nice set-up, looks useful. Not a cat fanatic here either.
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline george graves

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1335 on: July 27, 2015, 06:49:38 am »
I don't trust people that don't like cats.  :P  Same with men that don't get drunk once in a blue moon.  Or people with a lot of wealth but don't travel.

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #1336 on: July 27, 2015, 07:16:15 am »
I like cats, just not on my kit, I find it there it finds itself attached to the working end of a variac body popping :box:,

I get drunk every blue moon but only on Brandy,

I am , sadly, not rich, I joined some EE forum and spend it all on kit nowadays, someone did say it was free, but it isn't because you just know you are going to want that little extra piece of equipment  |O .

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #1337 on: July 27, 2015, 12:43:41 pm »
I don't trust people that don't like cats.  :P  Same with men that don't get drunk once in a blue moon.  Or people with a lot of wealth but don't travel.
I don't like cats because of various experiences with them.  My ex wife had a cat that hated me for some reason.  I never did anything to the cat but it would regularly piss on my pillow.  The cat would also attack every one in the house except her for no reason.  Then, with this wife, the stepdaughter brought home 2 strays that were siblings.  They were the most destructive creatures ever.  My wife, who is very tolerant and loves cats, finally had to tell her that they had to go.  My dogs are loving and great company, something I have never found a cat to be.

I also have to pass on the drunk thing.  Two doctors recommended to me to not drink anymore for health reasons.  I still have the very occasional drink but 1 is the absolute limit |O

I wish I had the money to travel.  Someday, maybe.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1338 on: July 27, 2015, 01:39:12 pm »
I am with you on this but I would take it a step further.
I don't trust anybody who doesn't like dogs or cats.
I actually understand not liking cats, many don't like a pet that you have to earn their respect.
The cats I have shared my life with are / were that way.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #1339 on: July 27, 2015, 01:52:01 pm »
My tortoise shell queen Trinny came up to me in my garden as I was planting veg out of the blue, rubbed against me and let me pick her up, she stayed for 5 years till the evil shit next door who hated her ran her over, I asked about and everyone said she was a wild cat no one owned or wanted. She used to sleep at the top of my bed across my head !. She was lovely, but I would still not let one near my kit.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #1340 on: July 27, 2015, 03:10:54 pm »
I don't trust anybody who doesn't like dogs or cats.
I actually understand not liking cats, many don't like a pet that you have to earn their respect.
The cats I have shared my life with are / were that way.
I will agree with you on the dogs.  I have 2-a German/Australian Shepard mix and a Doberman mix.  They are my constant companions in my office.  I love them just like they are my children.  I take care of their needs before mine.  Anyone that beats a dog deserves twice the beating in return.  Let's not even talk about those that fight dogs.  They deserve to be fed to the alligators in Lake Okeechobee.

Offline Mechanical Menace

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1341 on: July 27, 2015, 04:26:26 pm »
Let's not even talk about those that fight dogs.  They deserve to be fed to the alligators in Lake Okeechobee.

When I was a child one of my dogs and my grandmother's dog were stolen. 2 days later me and a friend found their dismembered body parts in an open bin outside one of the neighbours back garden, a particularly stupid neighbour who we found out was known to be into dog fighting. It was confirmed (by the police) that he had used them to train his fighting dogs* before hacking them up (the legend says still alive) to dispose of them. After his dogs were seized and he was released my father paid him a visit with a pickaxe handle**. Not a single one of the neighbours who was gawping at the scene witnessed what happened or had a clue who did it lol.

EDIT: I think I should add that no person died, the idiot never tried to get around his ban on keeping animals or even approached anyone else's as long as he still lived there, and the one time something else happened to one of our pets the dog's owner was very relieved to find out we wouldn't hold it against him or the dog that his dog chased after a cat. She was one of those cats who like winding dogs up too so what can you do?

*Because an old Old English sheepdog and old Lab cross that had always been family pets would really be a challenge for a pair of Rottweilers... <--And don't get me wrong, I generally love the breed.
**It's him I get the Irish ancestry from.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 04:47:03 pm by Mechanical Menace »
Second sexiest ugly bloke on the forum.
"Don't believe every quote you read on the internet, because I totally didn't say that."
~Albert Einstein

Offline lincoln

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1342 on: July 27, 2015, 06:04:33 pm »
Well, finally got some space cleared. I kindof forgot that I had a anti-static mat:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:07:08 pm by lincoln »

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1343 on: July 27, 2015, 09:28:02 pm »
My tortoise shell queen Trinny came up to me in my garden as I was planting veg out of the blue, rubbed against me and let me pick her up, she stayed for 5 years till the evil shit next door who hated her ran her over, I asked about and everyone said she was a wild cat no one owned or wanted. She used to sleep at the top of my bed across my head !. She was lovely, but I would still not let one near my kit.
We had an inside / outside cat that met his maker that way, the really sad part is Oscar was hit and killed on my 33rd birthday. But Oscar did what cats do so being outside was for him necessary. They sure can be heart breakers, they leave us all too soon.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline george graves

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1344 on: July 28, 2015, 10:20:43 am »
I don't trust anybody who doesn't like dogs.

Oh - for sure! You can't have a bad time playing with a great dog!

Well, finally got some space cleared. I kindof forgot that I had a anti-static mat:

Not too shabby.  I could see someone getting some real work done there (and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that has a resistor cheat sheet on the wall!  I usually have to second guess myself on the upper and lower multipliers)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:27:22 am by george graves »

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #1345 on: July 28, 2015, 10:32:01 am »
somewhere I  have an old cardboard 5 wheel resistor colour code selector, one side gives you the colour and numbers for 4 band resistors, the opposite side 5 banded ones. i think Tandy or Maplins made it.

Offline KG7AMV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Rhine_Labs
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #1346 on: July 28, 2015, 11:34:31 am »
My Ham Shack / Solder Lab Part Duce!

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1347 on: July 28, 2015, 12:14:55 pm »
Nice set up.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline Obin

• Contributor
  • Hi
« Reply #1348 on: July 29, 2015, 02:07:11 pm »
Just recently upgraded with a DS1054z. compact, but serves its purpose!

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1349 on: July 29, 2015, 03:01:15 pm »
What is the "Orange"?
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf