Author Topic: New Rigol DS1054Z oscilloscope  (Read 2059436 times)

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
Re: New Rigol DS1054Z oscilloscope
« Reply #4650 on: September 24, 2021, 06:03:10 am »
I only raised the objection because this one sentence (someone has exchanged the fan and not noticed that this did not ran ...)
someone could suggest someone that it could go without throughput.

It's definitely not a good idea to run it without a fan on purpose.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:07:24 am by Fungus »

Offline rob040

• Contributor
« Reply #4651 on: September 27, 2021, 05:56:06 pm »
Changes log inside the firmware zip translates "new version update" (Google translate):    :-//
Code: [Select]
Support product models] All MSO/DS1000Z series oscilloscopes
【Latest revision time】 2021/07/24

[Contents of this update]
v00.04.05.02.00 2021/07/24
      - new version update

Maybe the RIGOL logo on the LCD screen is now blue as well in stead of yellow...

Offline metrologist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4652 on: September 28, 2021, 04:23:18 pm »
Is there an updated firmware version worth installing? My last update is probably more than a year ago - I don't know my version off-hand.

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4653 on: October 12, 2021, 06:33:12 pm »
Maybe someone will remind me how to view the extended system information, updated the firmware and could not see it. Thanks.

Offline rob040

• Contributor
« Reply #4654 on: October 12, 2021, 07:58:55 pm »
Maybe someone will remind me how to view the extended system information, updated the firmware and could not see it. Thanks.

Quickly press buttons MENU > MENU > FORCE > MENU on “TRIGGER” buttons group, then go to info panel by pressing buttons UTILITY > SYSTEM > SYSTEM INFO in the “MENU” buttons group.

The following users thanked this post: trmntr

Offline NEDM64

• Contributor
« Reply #4655 on: October 13, 2021, 01:31:51 am »
Made a little program to use this scope's capture to .CSV capability with LTspice. (maybe others)

Hope it will be usefull to anybody else...

https://github.com/RuiCarneiro/rigol2spice
Are you thinking about buying Keysight test equipment? Think about this

The following users thanked this post: BravoV, Kean

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4656 on: October 13, 2021, 11:52:38 am »
Thanks, rob040. Maybe it will be useful to someone: on the Chinese site, you can download the firmware and other files without registration, if you write the desired model in the search.

Offline rob040

• Contributor
« Reply #4657 on: October 13, 2021, 02:33:35 pm »
You're welcome, Piton.

I found the latest FW on the Chinese site (v00.04.05.02.02 - 2021-08-19), but when I want to download it, it goes to a login screen. How to bypass that?

Furthermore, isn't it strange that the Chinese site already published several FW updates and the NA and EU sites are miles behind?

Offline rob040

• Contributor
« Reply #4659 on: October 13, 2021, 05:51:09 pm »
Okay, this is what I could find in the new log file:

00.04.05.02.02 Date: 2021-09-22
- Solve the problem of abnormal display when measuring overshoot in some cases.

Version: 00.04.05.02.01 Date: 2021-08-30
- Add SCPI command to query all product information and determine whether to enter engineering mode.

They are a bit fooling around with the dates.  |O

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4660 on: October 13, 2021, 06:17:32 pm »
rob040, when you go to a Chinese site, you need to write not a model, but a series (I have a DS1000Z-E) in the search, which is located at the top - on the right, and then a page with files and firmware only for this series will appear, and all this can be downloaded. If you try to download directly from the main page, where all the series are shown, then registration will be required. I discovered this by accident.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 06:44:20 pm by Piton »

Offline bffargo

• Contributor
« Reply #4661 on: October 14, 2021, 01:26:02 am »
In the RAR file linked by bulba99, there is a .doc file that contains a lot more information than the shorter history notes. It looks to be all internal bug details addressed in each build not the simpler summaries.

Running it through google translate for some of the text that wasn't dual-language already, got the below doc for the changes since Version:00.04.03.02.02   Date:2015-09-07. If you want to see older details just browse the rest of the doc.

It is very weird though the dates don't match up with those in the normal history notes and while some versions exactly match the list of fixes (example: v00.04.04.01.01 has the same details in both but different dates: 2016-08-19 vs. 2016/09/14) others seem totally different.  I'm curious why there is such a mismatch? 

Version: 00.04.05.02.02 Date: 2021-09-22
1. Solve the problem of abnormal display when measuring overshoot in some cases
2. The change description table of the new version is at the front.

Version: 00.04.05.02.01 Date: 2021-08-30
1. Add SCPI command to query all product information and determine whether to enter engineering mode
2. Add SCPI command to read self-calibration and low-frequency compensation status

Version: 00.04.05.02.00 Date: 2021-07-24
1. Compatible with Lx25, Lx45 logic chip
2. Open deep storage, advanced triggering, decoding, waveform recording option

Version: 00.04.05.01.00 Date: 2021-06-01
1. Solve the problem that the interface display function is unavailable after default

Version:00.04.05.00.00 Date:2020-12-29
1. Solve the problem of loading the old version ref file, causing the device to hang up M
2. Modify the tracking cursor. When a is out of the screen, modify the value of B and affect the value of A M
3. In the roll mode, the tracking cursor does not move with the waveform after stop M
4. SCPI sends the amplitude parameter of DG module 4.020vpp, and the return value is 4.019 M
5. Revision: FUNC:WREP:FMAX? Command is used to query the current maximum number of playable frames M
6. Modify the problem that trigger Hold off is not applied when the trigger type without triggering Hold off function is switched back to the trigger type with triggering Hold off function M
7. :CURSor:MANual:SOURce set and query command add off parameter to set the source to none M
8. Modify the average mode, Pass fail test channel confusion problem M
9. Modify the maximum gear limit of exp operation to 1gv M
10. When math is closed, math's automatic gear is opened, vertical gear is modified, and automatic gear is updated M
11. Modify the problem of rising edge delay measurement and cursor position deviation in automatic cursor mode M
12. Modify the error of the maximum time measurement value in the automatic cursor mode M
13. Modify the single trigger mode, the last value restart, no waveform trigger problem M
14. Modify the problem of amplitude error when saving the CSV file with channel offset M
15. Modify SPI timeout trigger, when the data bit is less than 8, all bit function settings are unsuccessful M
16. Limit the upper and lower limit of trigger level to ± 5 * vertical gear - vertical offset M
17. Modify XY mode, the full screen and half screen frequently switch, leading to the problem of splash screen M
18. Revision: WAV:XOR? Return value error M
19. Revision: WAV:PRE? Partial return value problem M
20. Modify the problem that the gear is still adjustable when the channel is closed M
21. Modify the welcome page, and the web identification indicator button will not jump M
22. Modify after opening LXI, modify the host name, and the instrument crashes M
23. Fix GPIB communication failure M
24. Add: STOR:IMAGe [:STARt] <file_ Spec > command (same as ds2000), take a screenshot, and save the picture to the path specified in the parameter E
25. Add different edge delay measurement function between channels E
26. Fix LXI socket communication hang up problem M
27. GD spiflash and nandflash are compatible M
28. Factory boot compatible with Gd spiflash and nandflash M

Version:00.04.04.03.02 Date:2017-2-6
1. Fixed the period measure value is error while system is average acquire mode and 12K pts memdepth; M
2. Fixed the phase linear offset of the Filter operation results; M
3. Fixed the error of Math waveform,while system is average acquire mode and horizontal time bass is 500ms ; M
4. Fixed the location error of trigger level,when pressing the Auto button; M
5. Fixed the waveform is error while horizontal time bass is 100ms and 12M pts memdepth,when display in the “X-Y” horizontal mode; M
6. Fixed the overlap error of memory waveform,when the Scope read memory  waveform data; M
7. Fixed the problem of save memory data was wrong when the channel invert  was opened; M
8. Fixed the event table can’t close while it is openning and Loading waveform file  M
9. Fixed the not measured parameters are still displaying ,when the font size after modified M
10. Fixed the return value parameter of XOR can’t refresh correctly whlie Changed the horizontal offset M
11. Fixed the problem of the reference wave of the digital channels position is error; M
12. Fixed the frequency response curve of Digital filter is error; M
13. Fixed the measure error of average parameter when the measured signal is a DC signal; M

Version:00.04.04.03.00 Date:2016-12-20
1. Changed the Prompting English information of LA channel,  when closed the button of D7–D0; M
2. Fixed the rules of Pass/Fail created again,when the main time base changed; M
3. Fixed the problem of the position of big grids of main time base is error ,when split display in the “X-Y” horizontal mode ; M
4. Modified a low position of trigger label to the all-measurement window; M
5. Fixed the offset error of memory waveform,when the Scope read memory  waveform data; M
6. Fixed the bug of not downloading waveform to signal source; M
7. Fixed the problem of save memory data was wrong when the channel invert  was opened; M
8. Fixed the problem of the reference wave of the digital channels position is error while save the reference wave of FFT channel; M
9. Fixed the problem of power off, when horizontal delay is on and opening the waveform recorded ; M
10. Fixed the problem of unable to waveform recording,when main time bass is 100ms and Zoom time base is 100ms; M
11. Translated some traditional Chinese and Korean menus ; M

Version:00.04.04.02.00 Date:2016-10-21
1. The effective value measurement result is disturbed M
2. Self-calibration modification and perfect M
3. Improved LXI, affecting web pages, LAN communication and other related issues M
4. Turn off the low-version boot machine after upgrading, increase the CPU clock M in the APP

Version:00.04.04.01.01 Date:2016-08-23
1. Fixed the Math status of shelter from Measure M

Version:00.04.04.01.00 Date:2016-08-19
1. Supperted the multi-interface of LXI M
2. Fixed the bugs about measure M

Version:00.04.04.00.05 Date:2016-05-30
1. Fixed the bug of not stopping the DSO when Pass/Fail checked failure M

Version:00.04.04.00.04 Date:2016-05-24
1. The menu of decoder can’t refresh correctly when changing the source M

Version:00.04.04.00.03 Date:2016-05-06
1. Fixed the problem of wave and the label of position is error when full display in the “X-Y” horizontal mode; M
2. Fixed the problem of the number of grids of main timebase is error when split display in the “X-Y” horizontal mode; M
3. Fixed the problem of the first frame of record data is error when horizontal delay is on; M
4. Fixed the problem of the label of logic channel is not show when horizontal delay is on; M
5. Fixed the problem of the range of manual cursor is not updated when horizontal delay is on; M
6. Fixed the problem of the line of trigger level disappeared when moved the trigger level to the bottom of screen and horizontal delay was on; M
7. Fixed the problem of the warning tone sounded randomly while the Pass/Fail function wss failure; M

Version:00.04.04.00.00 Date:2016-04-14
1. Increase the function of split display wave in the “X-Y” horizontal mode; E
2. Increase the function of which can use the file name that the user last used in storage module; E
3. Fixed the period measure value is error while system is average acquire mode and 12K pts memdepth; M
4. Fixed the problem of the Math measure items unit is error; M
5. Fixed the problem of the system state is error while undo the “Auto” function; M
6. Fixed the problem of the data type of RS232 decoder event table is error; M
7. Fixed the problem of the system trigger state is error while load the setup file of saved in Single mode; M
8. Fixed the problem of the horizontal offset is error while undo the “Auto” function in system setup of timescale greater or equal to 200ms and horizontal offset greater than 1s; M
9. Fixed the problem of the reference wave of the analog channels position is error while save the reference wave of FFT channel; M
10. Fixed the problem of the slope trigger low level can not be adjusted while the  input signal has offset component; M
11. Fixed the problem of the low level of the pulse trigger can not be seted while use the remote command; M
12. Fixed the problem of the setup file can not be loaded by PC software; M
13. Fixed the problem of the decoder can be opened by used the remoted command while the system has not decoder option; M
14. Fixed the problem of the measure item of the pulse counter was wrong; M
15. Fixed the problem of draw cursor position was delayed when adjust the cursor position; M
16. Fixed the problem of save memory data was wrong when the channel invert  was opened; M
17. Fixed the problem of read the wave data of memory was wrong when channel 1 and chanel 2 was opened in “Single” mode; M

Version:00.04.03.02.03 Date:2015-09-11
18. Fixed the bug of the trigger option be installed while only the decoder option be installed. M

Version:00.04.03.02.02 Date:2015-09-07
1. Fixed the bug of the REF source can not select the open channels. M
2. Fixed the bug of the function of storage can not store the waveform while analog channel and logic channel are open and the memory depth is 12Mpts. M
3. Fixed the bug of the system can not use the function of Single while the system stoped and trigged. M
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 01:48:32 am by bffargo »

The following users thanked this post: Sredni, Deichgraf

Online Bicurico

• Super Contributor
    • VMA's Satellite Blog
« Reply #4662 on: October 14, 2021, 10:18:56 am »
I would suggest that the mismatch in dates is due to different programmers finishing the fixes of their functions/routines of the FW on different dates.

The FW itself is compiled at a given date, so not always everything adds up.

Also, a FW release fork might be recompiled using the same version main source code, but with some updated libraries.

A modern oscilloscope or spectrum analyzer is nowadays more than just one dedicated machine running a sequentially programmed software. Instead, it is in first place a computer running an operating system, composed of many generic libraries and then there is the specific software with it's own set of libraries. A FW update may contain updates to many different files.

I upgraded the FW of my DS1054Z yesterday with this lates version and it seems to behave OK without issues. I would assume it is perfectly safe to flash the FW.

I have no idea why western Rigol sites do not offer this latest version.

Regards,
Vitor

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4663 on: October 14, 2021, 11:00:02 am »
Stupid request, can anybody post a DS1054 print screen with the new blue logo please?
Is that the color for the boot screen Rigol logo, or for the upper left Rigol logo seen on all screens?

I want to see how the new Rigol blue logo looks like.  I'll prefer it to be yellow, without messing with firmware customization at each new update.  In fact, anything else but blue or magenta would be a OK, IMO.

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4664 on: October 14, 2021, 03:16:48 pm »
Bicurico said "I updated the FW of my DS1054Z yesterday with this latest version and it seems to behave fine with no problems. I would assume that it is perfectly safe to flash the FW." Bicurico, did you test if the synchronization problem was corrected with captures at 24 megabits?

Offline NEDM64

• Contributor
« Reply #4665 on: October 14, 2021, 03:42:25 pm »
Question is... will it break the Riglol license(s)?

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4666 on: October 14, 2021, 07:10:43 pm »

That question must have been asked and answered dozens of times in this thread. And it gets re-asked for every new firmware update, it seems.

From the scope firmware's perspective, "Riglol licenses" are the same as the officially bought upgrades -- exactly the same license codes. How would Rigol ever be able to cancel those licenses?

The only way would be to introduce a new licensing scheme and issue new keys to all customers who have bought licenses officially. Fat chance that they have separate records on all those customers around the world, over the past 7 (?) years... No, I am quite confident that Rigol will keep the original licensing scheme for the lifetime of this scope series.

Offline NEDM64

• Contributor
« Reply #4667 on: October 14, 2021, 09:19:18 pm »

That question must have been asked and answered dozens of times in this thread. And it gets re-asked for every new firmware update, it seems.

From the scope firmware's perspective, "Riglol licenses" are the same as the officially bought upgrades -- exactly the same license codes. How would Rigol ever be able to cancel those licenses?

The only way would be to introduce a new licensing scheme and issue new keys to all customers who have bought licenses officially. Fat chance that they have separate records on all those customers around the world, over the past 7 (?) years... No, I am quite confident that Rigol will keep the original licensing scheme for the lifetime of this scope series.

Unless Rigol is using multiple private keys and riglol is using one of them and then they deactivate riglol's private key.

Sounds unprovable? To me it's even more unprovable that someone cracked the private key out of a public key, riglol must have been made with access to rigol's company secrets.

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4668 on: October 14, 2021, 09:52:13 pm »
The licenses remain valid over firmware upgrades, and the key was cracked, not stolen or leaked.  Pleas don't argue based on assumptions only.

Anybody have a screen capture to attach here with the new Rigol logo in blue, please?

Offline bffargo

• Contributor
« Reply #4669 on: October 14, 2021, 11:00:07 pm »
Logos all same color (White boot, darker yellow upper left corner).

After upgrade and a full power off/reboot; it was acting very strange.  I ended up doing a full recalibrate:
- Auto mode would never set positions or scale right for either vertical or or horizontal
- Auto mode kept kicking CH2 on even without a probe attached and then using that to base scaling on

I gave up early on in figuring out what was messed up, it was easier to kick off recalibrate and walk away for half an hour instead.  It's back to working fine.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:21:15 pm by bffargo »

The following users thanked this post: RoGeorge, Sredni

Offline NEDM64

• Contributor
« Reply #4670 on: October 15, 2021, 12:46:33 am »
The licenses remain valid over firmware upgrades, and the key was cracked, not stolen or leaked.  Pleas don't argue based on assumptions only.

Anybody have a screen capture to attach here with the new Rigol logo in blue, please?

Did you write the firmware of this scopes?

No? Then don't discard any possibility.

What proof do you have that the private key has been cracked? Could even be leaked on purpose by Rigol. Eg: if riglol didn't exist, I would have bought a 4 channel 100 MHz scope from Siglent instead of the DS1054Z.

Rigol could even change the public/private key and tell the costumers that installed purchased licenses to reinstall them again with new codes.

Also, your tone is not helping the interchange of ideas here. You are trying to sound like you are fed up with "stupid people", but you're just discarding possibilities basing yourself on unfounded principles.

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4671 on: October 15, 2021, 03:04:47 am »

After upgrade and a full power off/reboot; it was acting very strange.  I ended up doing a full recalibrate:
- Auto mode would never set positions or scale right for either vertical or or horizontal
- Auto mode kept kicking CH2 on even without a probe attached and then using that to base scaling on

I gave up early on in figuring out what was messed up, it was easier to kick off recalibrate and walk away for half an hour instead.  It's back to working fine.

Recalibration should be done after each firmware update, whether it all seems to be working OK or not.  It's specified in the update instruction:
This documentation is designed to provide guidance to customers on how to
upgrade the MSO/DS1000Z series digital oscilloscope to the version in the
"DS1000Z(ARM)update.rar" file.

The applicable models include DS1XX4Z, DS1XX4Z Plus, DS1XX4Z-S Plus,
MSO1XX4Z and MSO1XX4Z-S.

New versions of firmware are available at the following website.
http://int.rigol.com/Support/SoftDownload/3

[Notices]

- Before upgrading, please carefully refer to the
      "MSO_DS1000Z Release Notes.txt" file to obtain the updated information of
      the firmware version.

- Please make sure your USB disk can be read correctly. MSO/DS1000Z series
      is required to use a USB Flash drive disk with FAT32 format.

- During the upgrade process, please do not cut off power and pull out the
      USB disk, otherwise the instrument will fail to work normally.

- MSO/DS1000Z series digital oscilloscope does not support the downgrading
      operations.

[Upgrading Procedures]

1. Copy the upgrade file DS1000ZUpdate.GEL to the root directory of the USB
       disk.

2. Keep the instrument in the power-on state, then insert the USB disk into
       the USB HOST interface (next to the Power key).

3. A prompt message is automatically displayed on the interface, reminding
       you that an upgrade file has been detected and ask you whether to upgrade
       it. You can click Ok to start to upgrade.

4. During the upgrade, the instrument interface will display the current
       upgrade progress.

5. When the interface displays "Upgrade finished!", restart the instrument.

6. Check whether the firmware version number has been updated
       (press Utility -> System -> System Info).

7. After upgrading has been completed, perform the self-calibration
       operation. Make sure that the instrument has been warmed up or has been
       operating for more than 30 minutes before the self-calibration.

a. Disconnect all input channels;

b. Press Utility -> Self-Cal, then click Start to perform the
           self-calibration.

c. It takes about 30 minutes to perform the self-calibration.

d. After the calibration has been completed, a prompt message will be
           displayed on the interface. Then, restart the instrument.

[Troubleshooting]

- If the instrument failed to read the upgrade file from the USB disk,
      please try to replace the USB disk.

- If the problem still persists, please try to re-download the upgrade file.

- If the problem still persists after performing the above two operations,
      please visit the website int.rigol.com to find contacts in your area.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4672 on: October 15, 2021, 07:52:52 am »
Did you write the firmware of this scopes?

No? Then don't discard any possibility.

What proof do you have that the private key has been cracked? Could even be leaked on purpose by Rigol. Eg: if riglol didn't exist, I would have bought a 4 channel 100 MHz scope from Siglent instead of the DS1054Z.

Don't get yourself in a rabbit's hole of conspiracy theories BS or you'll be here talking only to yourself very fast. Respect people that answer you even if you don't like their answer.

The key was cracked as any other riglol/rigup private key because it takes miliseconds to do it. The FWs never included the private keys.

Nobody here needs to be the original programmer, they just need to know how to read code besides knowing somethings about asym crypto.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4673 on: October 15, 2021, 08:05:36 am »
Rigol could even change the public/private key and tell the costumers that installed purchased licenses to reinstall them again with new codes.

Did you even bother to read the changelog?

It says things like:

Version: 00.04.05.02.00 Date: 2021-07-24
2. Open deep storage, advanced triggering, decoding, waveform recording option

ie. Rigol has just given everybody the options for free. Anybody who installs this firmware will get them, even the oldest customers.

The following users thanked this post: marcus h

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4674 on: October 15, 2021, 08:09:01 am »
ie. Rigol has just given everybody the options for free. Anybody who installs this firmware will get them, even the oldest customers.

Was it Rigol?  :-DD

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf