Author Topic: New Rigol DS1054Z oscilloscope  (Read 2059387 times)

Offline DanielS

• Frequent Contributor
Re: New Rigol DS1054Z oscilloscope
« Reply #825 on: December 15, 2014, 07:21:26 pm »
Ideally, I would need this oscilloscope within 8-15 days. Thanks for reading !  :)
I ordered one a month ago. The lead time I got back then was 10-12 weeks.

I'm guessing Rigol is keeping supplies of the 1054Z tight so it won't nuke demand for the 1074Z/1104Z.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #826 on: December 15, 2014, 07:39:29 pm »
I'm from France and can't find the DS1054Z in stock anywhere in Europe, all sellers seem to be out of stock. Batter Fly are out of stock too since a few days ago, I'm waiting for an answer from arBenelux but I don't think they ship to France. Zeitech seem to have it in stock but with a 4 weeks delay (do you know if it's usually faster?).
Ideally, I would need this oscilloscope within 8-15 days. Thanks for reading !  :)
See reply to DanielS.

If you need it sooner than 4 weeks, then you'll have to spring for a more expensive model, such as the DS1074Z. The stock on those isn't moving as fast, so you're far more likely to actually find one in stock somewhere.

I ordered one a month ago. The lead time I got back then was 10-12 weeks.

I'm guessing Rigol is keeping supplies of the 1054Z tight so it won't nuke demand for the 1074Z/1104Z.
It's simply supply and demand. Right now the demand is greater than the supply, so sellers run out between shipments (Rigol can't keep up ATM).

FWIW, 13 weeks lead time directly from manufacturers is rather common (especially from Asia; large orders tend to be palletized & transported on container ships rather than aircraft, which can take 2 weeks or so just to reach port).

Offline leppie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #827 on: December 15, 2014, 07:42:54 pm »
which can take 2 weeks or so just to reach port

At the very least 2 weeks. Anything from 4-12 weeks is normal for non-air freight.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #828 on: December 15, 2014, 08:15:47 pm »
which can take 2 weeks or so just to reach port

At the very least 2 weeks. Anything from 4-12 weeks is normal for non-air freight.
Just sea time, or does that include port time (load/unload & clearing customs) and land transport?

IIRC, worst time I can recall is 36 days, but can't recall if that was purely sea travel or not.

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #829 on: December 15, 2014, 09:17:03 pm »
Even prior to the firmware issue delays where near 4 weeks. Rigol was caught off-guard by it's popularity.

Offline Micael

• Contributor
« Reply #830 on: December 16, 2014, 06:06:02 am »
Yeah ordered mine at the end of October only got it at the end of last week.

Offline dworki

« Reply #831 on: December 16, 2014, 07:47:30 am »
I ordered mine from silcon.cz yesterday and they told me new batch is arriving tomorrow or the day after tomorrow and that I should expect the package monday or tuesday. My first scope - these will be SOME christmas:-)

Offline gmb42

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #832 on: December 16, 2014, 12:24:44 pm »
I ordered mine from Rigol UK (Telonic) on the 17th Nov, they shipped it Fri 12th Dec and I received it yesterday, Tues 16th.

According to the invoice it is ver V00.04.01/SP2, I can't check as I'm not supposed to open it until Xmas.  :'(

I don't see any evidence of delays for software updates, as this version has been out at least a month.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:25:25 am by gmb42 »

Offline Bad Urban

« Reply #833 on: December 16, 2014, 07:24:49 pm »
Hello,
I ordered the DS1054Z at the middle of November. It should have arrived last week, due to the order confimation. Today I got the message, that the scope has been shipped from the german retailer to me :)
Im very curious about it. Its my first digital scope  ;)
I read much about this here an at other websites. I think it will make fine under the xmas tree ;D

Online Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #834 on: December 17, 2014, 11:38:04 pm »
I finally got my DS1054Z. I of course want to unlock the extras but I can't find any site with the code generator that is still alive or has a working generator.

rigol.3owl.com is down, so is another site, and goroot.ca does not produce a working code.

I have tried to find links and references here on the forums, but it is an ocean to swim. Any help please?

BTW, my software version is 00.04.02 SP3, Board version 0.1.1

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #835 on: December 17, 2014, 11:39:46 pm »
I finally got my DS1054Z. I of course want to unlock the extras but I can't find any site with the code generator that is still alive or has a working generator.

rigol.3owl.com is down, so is another site, and goroot.ca does not produce a working code.

I have tried to find links and references here on the forums, but it is an ocean to swim. Any help please?

BTW, my software version is 00.04.02 SP3, Board version 0.1.1

Unless they have silently changed something, this does indeed work: http://gotroot.ca/rigol/riglol/

Online Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #836 on: December 17, 2014, 11:53:04 pm »
Well I tried that site again and it gave me a different code this time, and it worked!?

Thanks

Online Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #837 on: December 18, 2014, 05:07:45 am »
I have read most of the threads and posts on this scope. I must say I am very impressed for the price. I do have some gripes about it already though after only having for a few hours.

#1. I have to agree with some others here; The control response is so slow for some things. Not a deal breaker but I did not expect such slow response.

#2. The menu system and options are a bit intrusive when all you want to do is see the signal.

#3. Measurements displays always display even if the are deleted or cleared. I remember reading about this here but I don't remember any option to just see the measurement display that is actually active without having to shut down the scope and restarting it.

#4. No adjustable filters? The DS1052E has this. Why not the DS1054Z?

All in all I am very happy with my purchase and think this is a great addition to my kit, but I won't soon be selling my DS1052E nor my old analog 20MHz scope. They still have their advantages for some things. I wanted 4 channels, serial decoding, serial protocol triggering output, bigger display, bigger memory, etc so it was a good buy.

Offline Guni

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #838 on: December 18, 2014, 10:31:27 am »
#1. I have to agree with some others here; The control response is so slow for some things. Not a deal breaker but I did not expect such slow response.

#2. The menu system and options are a bit intrusive when all you want to do is see the signal.

#3. Measurements displays always display even if the are deleted or cleared. I remember reading about this here but I don't remember any option to just see the measurement display that is actually active without having to shut down the scope and restarting it.

#4. No adjustable filters? The DS1052E has this. Why not the DS1054Z?
Ad.1
We can not expect miracle for this price  ;)
Ad.2
Should be some option to hide left and/or right vertical menu
Ad.3
Yes, I agree. It's very complicated to disable one or more of measurements. I don't understand why it can not be realize by just press on/off of each 33 parameters. One press to on, second to off - very simple. Also frequency measurement is quite strange - something like two different system - software and hardware
Ad.4
I thing it's a low cost input. In DS1052E is AD8370 and LHM6552, in DS1000z transistors (take a look at reverse engineer video) 

Offline MadScientist

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #839 on: December 18, 2014, 10:38:56 am »
I paid €293 euros for my DS1054Z.  ( all my other lab gear was more expensive) You guys need to stop arguing about one of the best value scopes ever. 

Go out and pay 4K for an Aglient, then you'll also find things that annoy you

really these types of " angels on a pinhead" debate are a waste of time.

EE's: We use silicon to make things  smaller!

Offline Guni

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #840 on: December 18, 2014, 10:44:14 am »
We don't have 4k to spend for Aglient  :P
So, we just discus about some imperfection of our "best value scopes ever"  ;D
Can we?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #841 on: December 18, 2014, 02:37:06 pm »
Sure. How about this model being defective having a major issue with ADC clock - see the Jitter thread in Blog Specific section of the Forum.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #842 on: December 18, 2014, 03:12:09 pm »
Sure. How about this model being defective having a major issue with ADC clock - see the Jitter thread in Blog Specific section of the Forum.

Indeed, a problem so major that it's taken over a year to draw any significant attention.

Offline robrenz

• Super Contributor
  • Real Machinist, Wannabe EE
« Reply #843 on: December 18, 2014, 03:34:05 pm »

Indeed, a problem so major that it's taken over a year to draw any significant attention.

That may mean that many/majority of them are more shelf decoration for wannabe EE's like myself than tools that are actually being used in somewhat obscure scenarios that would highlight a shortcoming.

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #844 on: December 18, 2014, 08:23:18 pm »

That may mean that many/majority of them are more shelf decoration for wannabe EE's like myself than tools that are actually being used in somewhat obscure scenarios that would highlight a shortcoming.

Quite possibly there is some truth in that. The weird thing is is that if someone had described the two faults to me ab initio, I wouldn't have called them obscure. Having said that, I can't remember the last time I knowingly used AC trigger coupling, and the other fault appears to needs a fairly specific criteria occuring including a fairly high frequency compared to the unit's bandwidth, a continuously running delayed trigger, and it doesn't happen on all scopes. On a real time sampling DSO it's probably more common to be operating in single shot in that scenario, so you wouldn't necessarily readily notice it.

So maybe it is in the obscure category as you say, especially bearing in mind how long it's taken to get any attention.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #845 on: December 18, 2014, 08:30:15 pm »

Still waiting to see how all of this shakes out of course, but I suspect they're being used almost exclusively for common tasks, and do just fine at them (based on current information being reported). Still making it quite useful as a general purpose, entry level DSO at a hobby friendly price IMHO.  ;D

Users do need to be aware of it's limits, including bugs, and any work-arounds where applicable though, so I'm all for continuing the bug hunt.  8)

Offline max_torque

• Super Contributor
    • bitdynamics
« Reply #846 on: December 18, 2014, 09:30:39 pm »
After a bit of deliberation, i've just splashed out on a DS1074Z-S, bugs n' all!   So far the most impressive bit, for the money, seems to be the build quality.  It's surprisingly heavy and robust, no danger of pushing off the shelf when you try to operate the push buttons like some cheapo scopes i have used previously!

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #847 on: December 18, 2014, 10:02:39 pm »
Guys.. just an update.  If you got an email from us about your ds1054z shipping 12/31... they will be shipping tomorrow instead.  ( monday if we dont get them all out but most will go tomorrow ) I dont want to send a bunch of new emails out for yet another change of date but we will ship them tomorrow for anyone who got a 12/31 confirmation. Anyone else we will be getting 400 in the 2nd week of Jan.

Thanks everyone.
Evan

TEquipment.NET

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #848 on: December 18, 2014, 10:05:51 pm »
Canada will be 1 week.  We have to export them from NJ in one batch. 

Offline avvidclif

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #849 on: December 19, 2014, 05:35:42 am »
Guys.. just an update.  If you got an email from us about your ds1054z shipping 12/31... they will be shipping tomorrow instead.  ( monday if we dont get them all out but most will go tomorrow ) I dont want to send a bunch of new emails out for yet another change of date but we will ship them tomorrow for anyone who got a 12/31 confirmation. Anyone else we will be getting 400 in the 2nd week of Jan.

Thanks everyone.
Evan

TEquipment.NET

Looks like Santa is cutting it close but do-able. A lot of happy folks.
Clif Holland KA5IPF
www.avvid.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf