Author Topic: New Rigol DS1054Z oscilloscope  (Read 2059498 times)

Offline dadler

• Supporter
Re: New Rigol DS1054Z oscilloscope
« Reply #1050 on: February 08, 2015, 08:16:16 pm »
FYI I installed SP4 first, then applied DSER via the web script, and it worked the first time.

Funny that the incorrect code lock-out is scope run time. I suppose this makes sense because the scope does not have a RTC, so it just bangs the FRAM at a specified interval (10 seconds?). At least this was posted earlier as the mechanism for the trial countdown.

Offline filer

« Reply #1051 on: February 09, 2015, 09:59:48 am »
hi, I got with soft version: 00.04.02.SP3. Then with DSER "upgrade", all ok. Web generator and downloaded soft gives same, no different. Then 00.04.02.SP4 update and still all options ok.

Offline LightlyDoped

• Contributor
« Reply #1052 on: February 10, 2015, 12:44:53 am »
Hi guys. First post, even though I've been lurking here for a few weeks. I just purchased this scope, and I'm very happy with it so far. It arrived with firmware version 04.02.SP3, and I updated the firmware to version SP4. At first when I installed the new firmware, the board version was shown as 0.2.3. Then I successfully unlocked the recommended options, and the board version changed to 0.2.2. Now, the board version is shown as 0.1.1 even though nothing has changed. Any idea why the scope can't seem to make up its mind?

Offline DanielS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1053 on: February 10, 2015, 02:13:07 am »
At first when I installed the new firmware, the board version was shown as 0.2.3. Then I successfully unlocked the recommended options, and the board version changed to 0.2.2. Now, the board version is shown as 0.1.1 even though nothing has changed. Any idea why the scope can't seem to make up its mind?
Mine jumped around board revision numbers a few times before settling for 0.1.1 too, which is odd considering how the board version number is set by resistors on the PCB and should not change on their own.

Offline bbjk7

• Contributor
« Reply #1054 on: February 10, 2015, 10:09:44 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm considering buying this scope in AUS. Where can I get the best price? I guess none of these "discount codes" would apply/be worth it for anyone in aus? Looking at eyou.com.au at the moment...

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1055 on: February 10, 2015, 11:36:00 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm considering buying this scope in AUS. Where can I get the best price? I guess none of these "discount codes" would apply/be worth it for anyone in aus? Looking at eyou.com.au at the moment...
Emona comes up a lot from other members in Australia. Worst case, you might compare both to TEquipment as well (they do ship internationally).

PM sent.

Offline bbjk7

• Contributor
« Reply #1056 on: February 11, 2015, 12:02:42 am »
Hi guys,

Emona comes up a lot from other members in Australia. Worst case, you might compare both to TEquipment as well (they do ship internationally).

PM sent.

thanks nanofrog,

both eyou and emona currently sell their units for $479 AUD (minus shipping, about $20AUD)

My guess is, they haven't updated their prices since the AUD fell, might save a bit going through them   ;)

edit: crap, GST is about another $50  :rant: looks like i might need to go internationally after all

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #1057 on: February 11, 2015, 12:13:45 am »
GDay

Thank's for your comment, It was only a few week's ago that I confirmed
with Emona both price and expected arrival, at that time they were
 $439 + 10% = $483, now they are $479 + 10% = $527.

Also, from what I understand eyou get them from Emona anyhow.
Emona support Dave, so I will support Emona, no middle man.

Muttley

Here's the code for Australia " Ripped Off "

Although to be fair the Aussie dollar is down at the moment.

Muttley
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:28:10 am by Muttley Snickers »

Offline bbjk7

• Contributor
« Reply #1058 on: February 11, 2015, 12:30:18 am »
GDay

Thank's for your comment, It was only a few week's ago that I confirmed
with Emona both price and expected arrival, at that time they were
 $439 + 10% = $483, now they are $479 + 10% = $527.

Also, from what I understand eyou get them from Emona anyhow.
Emona support Dave, so I will support Emona, no middle man.

Muttley

Here's the code for Australia " Ripped Off "

Although to be fair the Aussie dollar is down at the moment.

Muttley

Amen  :palm:

Offline John South

• Contributor
    • Emona Instruments
« Reply #1059 on: February 11, 2015, 01:01:56 am »
Hi - We at Emona do try and reduce the effect of the "Australian" tax on imported products and keep close to US and other international pricing on our product range. We don't have big margins on Rigol products and have repair and support in country as well as carrying stock .Problem is the exchange rate is causing pricing to increase locally . The current $US rate (Buy rate) is around 0.75 so in no way are our prices a rip off or high . Nothing we can do about GST and , if the rate stays low or falls more which it could well do we will have to increase our price.
Disclosure : I work for Emona Instruments. We are a supplier of T&M equipment in Australia and are the Australian Distributors for Rigol. www.emona.com.au/rigol

The following users thanked this post: AlanS

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #1060 on: February 11, 2015, 01:18:46 am »
Here's the code for Emona " Thank You Very Much "   :-+

Muttley

Offline dwhatley

« Reply #1061 on: February 16, 2015, 07:12:31 am »
I am about to order one from TEquipment! Extremely excited to get some more experience with a scope before I leave school.

Could someone PM me the coupon code?

Thanks.

Offline aargee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1062 on: February 16, 2015, 12:18:05 pm »
John,

I was happy to buy my Rigol from Emona and the slightly extra cost involved was well worth the support of an Australian T&M dealer.

:-+
Not easy, not hard, just need to be incentivised.

Offline Tainer

• Contributor
« Reply #1063 on: February 16, 2015, 12:30:05 pm »
I recently bought ds1054z as my first scope. After playing around with it for a while I have a couple of questions:

1. I used ds1052e a couple of times before and it had 'alternate trigger' mode. How can I achieve the same functionality with this scope?
2. When I switch from 2V/div to 5V/div (10x attenuation) on AC coupling the waveform shifts down after the relay clicks and then rises up again. Does this happen because the input coupling capacitor charges up or something? Not a big deal, but it's slightly annoying.
3. Is there any PC software that would allow using this scope as a logic analyzer? I'm particularly interested in CAN, USB and simple binary decoding.

Thanks.

Offline aveekbh

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1064 on: February 16, 2015, 04:46:26 pm »
1. I used ds1052e a couple of times before and it had 'alternate trigger' mode. How can I achieve the same functionality with this scope?

Do you mean the way analog scopes trigger on one channel and then on the other to show two unsynchronised waveforms properly? I didn't know DSOs could do that (please correct me if I am wrong) - I just use single shot capture for that. I'll look into the link posted above.

3. Is there any PC software that would allow using this scope as a logic analyzer? I'm particularly interested in CAN, USB and simple binary decoding.

I use only Linux, so I was really hoping sigrok would work. Unfortunately, there appears to be a bug in the scope firmware that prevents more than 500 bytes transfer over USB. I will take a stab at it some time in the future, but for now it doesn't work.

You can refer to these emails for more information (if you're interested):

There is some Windows software written by someone on the forum (alessandro? ) - but I haven't looked into it.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 04:48:58 pm by aveekbh »

Offline aveekbh

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1065 on: February 16, 2015, 04:52:32 pm »
For CAN , Add decoding option with Key
I don't think DS1054z supports CAN decoding.

USB , is just PC with USB monitoring program
I am not sure what you meant. ??? Please explain.  :)

Offline Tainer

• Contributor
« Reply #1066 on: February 16, 2015, 08:07:35 pm »
See
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-and-multiple-triggering-individual-triggering-on-each-channel/msg538623/#msg538623
Thanks, I think delayed trigger is what I need.

2. When I switch from 2V/div to 5V/div (10x attenuation) on AC coupling the waveform shifts down after the relay clicks and then rises up again. Does this happen because the input coupling capacitor charges up or something? Not a big deal, but it's slightly annoying.
Not sure
Just to clarify - does this happen on other scopes?

I use only Linux, so I was really hoping sigrok would work. Unfortunately, there appears to be a bug in the scope firmware that prevents more than 500 bytes transfer over USB. I will take a stab at it some time in the future, but for now it doesn't work.
I didn't know there is support for linux, thanks for the info. Although I'm not really concerned about the OS. You mentioned a bug with USB, but what about LXI?

Offline dadler

• Supporter
« Reply #1067 on: February 16, 2015, 08:23:31 pm »
If the 1054Z has CAN decoding, it's news to me. I've been using a new Saleae Logic 8. But if the scope can do it, that would be excellent. I suspect that it cannot, however. Do the higher end Rigols have CAN decoding?

Offline rolycatTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1068 on: February 17, 2015, 10:56:11 am »
If the 1054Z has CAN decoding, it's news to me. I've been using a new Saleae Logic 8. But if the scope can do it, that would be excellent. I suspect that it cannot, however. Do the higher end Rigols have CAN decoding?

They do. The DS2000 series offers CAN bus decoding, and both CAN and USB triggering, in addition to the protocols available on the DS1000Z scopes. The DS4000 and DS6000 series also offer FlexRay decoding and triggering. All of these are options.

Offline aveekbh

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1069 on: February 17, 2015, 03:35:03 pm »
You mentioned a bug with USB, but what about LXI?
I haven't verified the USB bug yet for lack of time. I'll check LXI too once I get the time. Hopefully, it won't take too long!  :)

Offline jpetras

« Reply #1070 on: February 18, 2015, 05:34:02 pm »
It doesn't help when every request shows PM sent instead of how to get it.
True.  I was able to get it quickly by opening a chat session at the site.  I'm guessing there's a rule about posting it in the forum (maybe to encourage registration), but it's certainly not a closely guarded secret.

Can you please PM me the Rigol code? Thanks!

Offline smgvbest

• Supporter
    • Kilbourne Astronomics
« Reply #1071 on: February 18, 2015, 05:57:46 pm »
Just to be sure you're asking to the discount code for TEquipemt.net correct?
Sandra
(Yes, I am a Woman :p )

Offline drummerdimitri

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1072 on: February 18, 2015, 06:16:03 pm »
Does anyone know why I might be getting out of phase glitches that appear on the screen when measuring say a 10 KHz sine wave from an audio source?
The problem sometimes goes away if I use the small metal spring instead of the aligator clip for grounding. Can it be a problem with the amplifier or is it a loose connection? I'm confused. |O

Offline 691175002

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1073 on: February 18, 2015, 06:33:28 pm »
Is the DS1054Z in stock at TEquipment?

What is the best place to buy one in Canada?

Offline BlueBill

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1074 on: February 18, 2015, 06:44:41 pm »
Is the DS1054Z in stock at TEquipment?

What is the best place to buy one in Canada?

rigolcanada.com or http://www.electro-meters.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf