Author Topic: NanoVNA Custom Software  (Read 470957 times)

Offline Slide_Lock

• Contributor
Re: NanoVNA Custom Software
« Reply #2275 on: September 05, 2023, 11:29:08 pm »
Thought I'd swoop in here after complaining another thread is giving me bowl cancer...

That ^^ quote is priceless, but only if/when you consider the comment bd139 made below:

Quote from: bd139
I, as an actual professional in that space, <snip>

YOU as an actual "professional" in that space (your words) must be quite the professional indeed, all while blissfully unaware that you appear to have nearly zero command of the English language...... That is unless there is a new form of cancer called "bowl" cancer? Of course you could be forgiven if your intention was to proclaim that you have "bowel" cancer..... Either way, that made me laugh a little bit.

Carry on with your beer and floozies Mr. Consummate "professional".

« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 12:08:08 am by Slide_Lock »

Offline joeqsmithTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2276 on: September 06, 2023, 12:11:39 pm »
Thought I'd swoop in here after complaining another thread is giving me bowl cancer...

Welcome back.

You're only bitter because even if Joe's software is shit, which is feasible as I know all mine is, you can't raise a PR against it, fork it and flap all over the remains like a demented pigeon.

But yeah DropBox. Anything but DropBox. Why Joe? WHYYYYY.

First, as I have stated many times my software was something I put together for my own personal use.  It must be close to 20 years old now and is still no where near what I would consider a polished product.  That was never my intent.  It's just a tool I use to run my own RF experiments.     

Many hams struggled navigating Github.  I was looking for the simplest thing I could find.  Something like Facebook.  It would have been MS, Google or Dropbox.   I block all MS traffic so Onedrive was out.  I played with Dropbox for the first time and thought, surely the hams can handle this...   

You have to realize, enhancing the art is only a question on their test.  Like all the other questions, they are given the answers.  Hams are only required to memorize long enough to pass a test.   That has nothing to do with engineering or problem solving.  It's what you may expect from a parrot.   If the only goal of the FCC is to keep the number of members up to boost sales of equipment,  we have to work to the least common denominator.

Even with simple instructions, there are people that read and acknowledge the requirement of specific files and they still fail. 

I was unable to locate this specific file on NI which is referenced in the dropbox readme: "ni-labview-2020-runtime-engine_20.1.1_offline.iso"
So I assumed ...

I suspect the amount of effort in their posts that followed was far more than what they spent obtaining the required files to run the software.  This is somehow everyone else's fault but their own.   I'm sure others have held their hands and wipped their asses throughout their lives but I have no interest in dealing with the entitled.   Personally I blame the FCC for their "No ham left behind"  agenda.   

Anyway that's enough beer and posting on EEBblog for the year. Farewell again  :phew:

Don't make your absence so long next time.  I miss the stories of floozies.  If you get bored of the TEA area, we are always here. 

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2277 on: September 06, 2023, 02:59:44 pm »

That ^^ quote is priceless, but only if/when you consider the comment bd139 made below:

I, as an actual professional in that space, <snip>

YOU as an actual "professional" in that space (your words) must be quite the professional indeed, all while blissfully unaware that you appear to have nearly zero command of the English language...... That is unless there is a new form of cancer called "bowl" cancer? Of course you could be forgiven if your intention was to proclaim that you have "bowel" cancer..... Either way, that made me laugh a little bit.

Carry on with your beer and floozies Mr. Consummate "professional".

Dear Slide_Lock,

I would like to profusely exclaim my regret that I mistyped bowel as bowl whilst under the influence of slightly too many cans of Brewdog last night. I did not mean to offend your good self or open myself up for such criticism regarding my professionalism on the matter of software engineering. I truly hope you accept my apology and that you can refocus on the original points I mentioned which were not referred to in your response at all.

Your sincerely and with apologies,

bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2278 on: September 06, 2023, 03:22:37 pm »
Even with simple instructions, there are people that read and acknowledge the requirement of specific files and they still fail. 

With respect to this particular point, much as the old phrase goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, you can paraphrase it as you can lead a ham to instructions, but you can't make him read.

Don't make your absence so long next time.  I miss the stories of floozies.  If you get bored of the TEA area, we are always here.

I occasionally read a few threads but my general interest in electronics is low these days. Been too busy with other adventures.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2279 on: September 06, 2023, 03:34:23 pm »

With respect to this particular point, much as the old phrase goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, you can paraphrase it as you can lead a ham to instructions, but you can't make him read.

Or as Dorothy Parker put it,  You can lead a whore to culture but you can not make her think.   Floozies have other qualities...   

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2280 on: September 06, 2023, 09:52:17 pm »

Or as Dorothy Parker put it,  You can lead a whore to culture but you can not make her think.   Floozies have other qualities...

Dunno about that. The proper floozies seem to all have PhDs (physics and psychology so far)  :popcorn:

Offline Slide_Lock

• Contributor
« Reply #2281 on: September 06, 2023, 11:27:52 pm »

First, as I have stated many times my software was something I put together for my own personal use.  It must be close to 20 years old now and is still no where near what I would consider a polished product.  That was never my intent.  It's just a tool I use to run my own RF experiments.

Yet here you are, attemptinig to share it with anyone and everyone who will put up with your drivel, run around, misdirects and belittling.  News flash there Joe, no matter how many times you repeat the lie, it is still a lie. 

Quote from: joeqsmith
You have to realize, enhancing the art is only a question on their test.  Like all the other questions, they are given the answers.  Hams are only required to memorize long enough to pass a test.   That has nothing to do with engineering or problem solving.  It's what you may expect from a parrot.   If the only goal of the FCC is to keep the number of members up to boost sales of equipment,  we have to work to the least common denominator.

It's obvious to  quite a few people who have PM'd me and thanked me for saying the quiet part outloud (and probably countless others), that you are about a half a bubble off, if not more, because to rational, sane, friendly people "simple instructions" are clear, concise, and have all of the requisite links to the item they are being instructed on how to properly install.

"Simple Instructions" are not individually left like bread crumbs in some old guys 92 page biography, or outdated mismanaged "manual". The laughable part is that your "simple instructions" are really nothing more than pretzle logic. I seriouly doubt you even have a clue how much information is missing, because in every single one of your videos, you wander off topic and into another dimension, not unlike the current brain dead, senior citizen that occupies the White House.

"Simple Instructions" also, generally, do NOT come with caveats. YOUR's on the other hand.....do. I.E. "These instructions are simple, if you have the patience to weed through 92 pages of me telling others how smart I think I am, coupled with a requirement that YOU watch countless unrelated videos, all while I answer your questions, with.....you guessed it...an UNRELATED question".

It might be time to ask the doctor if you are perhaps pre-Alzheimer's. You definitely exhibit some of the symptoms. At least in your ridiculous replies.

Quote from: joeqsmith
I suspect the amount of effort in their posts that followed was far more than what they spent obtaining the required files to run the software.  This is somehow everyone else's fault but their own.   I'm sure others have held their hands and wipped their asses throughout their lives but I have no interest in dealing with the entitled.   Personally I blame the FCC for their "No ham left behind"  agenda.   

One thing is clear. You have a boogieman you can blame your horrendous coding skills on. The Ham radio community. How convenient it must be to lay the blame at the feet of those you fear the most. I have another news flash for you. I know at least a dozen HAM's that can run circles around you in their ability to explain how to get from point A to point B within the electronics world that HAM radio operators typically revolve around. The really neat thing is they do it with style, patience and the gratitude they exhibit to their interested understudies for allowing them to share their knowledge. You on the other hand seem content to blame others for the piss poor effort you put in to making your app useable by all. THe epic part is you disguize your angst, ad-naseum in your mantra: "I made this for me and me only"

« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 11:45:47 pm by Slide_Lock »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2282 on: September 07, 2023, 12:33:36 pm »

Dunno about that. The proper floozies seem to all have PhDs (physics and psychology so far)  :popcorn:
Did the quality of floozies correlate to shredding the license?   

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2283 on: September 07, 2023, 03:41:04 pm »
"I made this for me and me only"

All the OSS contributions I've done over the years are selfishly supporting my own needs. There's nothing wrong with that.

The rest of that comment, based on the nonsensical use of punctuation and upper-case text, compromises your already tenuous position on having a rational argument.

Did the quality of floozies correlate to shredding the license?   

Yes. I have a fringe hypothesis that ham tickets actually emit a field which repels them. This I believe is a self-regulating mechanism built into the planet's ecosystem to try and keep the numbers in control and prevent us diverging into Morlocks and Eloi.

The following users thanked this post: Kean

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2284 on: September 07, 2023, 08:07:59 pm »
 :-DD :-DD   

Offline Slide_Lock

• Contributor
« Reply #2285 on: September 08, 2023, 01:46:48 am »

All the OSS contributions I've done over the years are selfishly supporting my own needs. There's nothing wrong with that.

If we were dealing with an OSS "contribution" here, we would not even be having this conversation. Joe has indicated in at least one of his rambling video's, or rather, his replies (in that/those video(s)) to inquiries regarding the release of his code so that others may actually work on making it useable, that he has no intention of releasing it. That sort of kills the "open source" part of "OSS" does it not?

« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 01:48:40 am by Slide_Lock »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2286 on: September 08, 2023, 10:33:49 am »

If we were dealing with an OSS "contribution" here, we would not even be having this conversation. Joe has indicated in at least one of his rambling video's, or rather, his replies (in that/those video(s)) to inquiries regarding the release of his code so that others may actually work on making it useable, that he has no intention of releasing it. That sort of kills the "open source" part of "OSS" does it not?

Again missing the point.

We don’t have to do things for altruistic reasons. I didn’t. It was just easier to achieve my selfish gains by stealing a corpus of someone else’s work and adding to it. I only contributed it back hoping that someone else would take it off me. That bit is of course optional.

Offline Slide_Lock

• Contributor
« Reply #2287 on: September 08, 2023, 09:03:14 pm »

Again missing the point.

We don’t have to do things for altruistic reasons. I didn’t. It was just easier to achieve my selfish gains by stealing a corpus of someone else’s work and adding to it. I only contributed it back hoping that someone else would take it off me. That bit is of course optional.

Therein lies the difference between you and Joe. He makes videos for days, creates manuals, then creates an autobiography on eevblog to promote and "share" his "work", all while proclaiming that this is all for him and him alone.

No sir, I think it is you that is missing the point. I get that he called you out of the woodwork to help defend his indefensible position, but you said it best a few posts back when you stated his work was most likely "shit" or whatever pronoun you used to describe him. I'd leave it there.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2288 on: September 08, 2023, 10:40:42 pm »

Again missing the point.

Therein lies the difference between you and Joe. He makes videos for days, creates manuals, then creates an autobiography on eevblog to promote and "share" his "work", all while proclaiming that this is all for him and him alone.

No sir, I think it is you that is missing the point. I get that he called you out of the woodwork to help defend his indefensible position, but you said it best a few posts back when you stated his work was most likely "shit" or whatever pronoun you used to describe him. I'd leave it there.

Check my post history. I do the same. Well I deleted my YouTube account so the floozies don’t eventually catch up with the video titled Transgender Transistor Tribulations after I discovered a dual PNP transistor was actually an NPN. I mean that not going to look good on Tinder is it?

Actually the chain of events was someone (not joe) posted the thread elsewhere saying that they though joe was being an ass and I know joe can be a miserable fucker sometimes (I can with the worse of them) so I read it whilst drunk and thought, hey fuck it I feel like chipping in on this one because I’ve got a stinking cold and I’m bored and feel like trolling a little bit. But I honestly have no beef with joe after reading it. I mean I wouldn’t install his software on my VNA or whatever because I give so little a shit about that at the moment. He can do what he likes. But at the same you can’t go moaning about his without sounding like a raging hypocrite when all the VNA firmware out there is shit compared to some nicely finished professional test gear. But that’s what you get at this price and I’m fine with riding a clunky wooden horse because I’m a cheap ass and would rather be spending that money on other stuff.

What you’re doing is coming in and whining about it like some self-entitled zealot that your expectations aren’t being met and after being on the internet since before those bastards from AOL came and ruined it, I’m fed up of seeing this damn thing going round in circles over and over and over again especially with ALL CAPS ….. and OVERZEALOUS!!, punctuation. It’s the same argument I’ve seen a thousand times. Step in shit on purpose then complain about it because your existence needs validation in some way. Then build a fictitious argument about discrimination over some hypothetical membership to a social group. Hint hams are a shit social group. Then attack individual members who have had enough of this shit.

The end game is nothing is solved, you are validated and amble off like a demented pigeon feeling righteous. Coo coo I’m validated. No you’re not. You’re just another boring grey pigeon. Flying vermin.

Anyway I’ve run out of time to write this post as I’m having a shit and writing it on my iPad so I’m going to wipe and use the remaining half an hour of my day to do something productive. Thanks for assisting with the constipation.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2289 on: September 09, 2023, 03:04:05 am »
I know joe can be a miserable fucker sometimes

Is that a step up from a demented gray pigeon?   :-DD

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2290 on: September 09, 2023, 07:58:44 am »
I know joe can be a miserable fucker sometimes

Is that a step up from a demented gray pigeon?   :-DD

Most certainly is  :-DD

I mean I’d be a miserable fucker if I had a multimeter graveyard. Oh no wait I do have one.

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #2291 on: September 09, 2023, 11:31:47 am »
Wow this thread really has taken a turn... but that was quite the hilarious post @bd139

Offline Slide_Lock

• Contributor
« Reply #2292 on: September 09, 2023, 02:53:34 pm »

The end game is nothing is solved <snip>

Anyway I’ve run out of time to write this post as I’m having a shit and writing it on my iPad so I’m going to wipe and use the remaining half an hour of my day to do something productive. Thanks for assisting with the constipation.

Well it appears that your constipation is twofold. One, potentially gastrointestinal, but Two, definitely mental. Hopefully I helped with at least one of them?

Again, I am happy that you felt the need to come rushing to Joe's defense, while he continued to make himself look like an addled old codger, running people around in circles with incorrect guidance on how to decipher his heiroglyphic instruction set. But in reality, what you are doing is generally referred to as "elder abuse". You are perpetuating his mania by validating it with a bit of your own, all while ignoring the points that were made with regards to what Joe seems to enjoy doing in this thread, which is pretend like he is sitting on the Rosetta Stone, and offering up the key to anyone willing to tolerate his dementia long enough for him to extend it.....When and if he feels like you have earned it.

You (and his) odd need to continue bashing HAM radio license holders is curious indeed. Joe gets a pass on this, because as mentioned, he appears to be suffering, (quite a bit acutally), from a sort of God complex. You, on the other hand, are admittedly just here for the entertainment.

If you actually believe that what Joe has offered up here is a clean path to success, for those who wish to investigate the worthiness of his "software", for whatever reason they choose, then please, by all means, defend that position with a solution of your own, for example on how to locate the one file, that appears to be required to arrive at a successful installation: "ni-labview-2020-runtime-engine_20.1.1_offline.iso" . That file does not appear to exist anywhere in NI's website, yet without it, the entirety of his offering is fruitless.

I would have gladly wandered off into the distance, biting my tongue, had he not replied to my post with "those pesky stepper motors, watch the video", which caused me to watch the video again, only to discover that I had already done what he described in the video, report that in a subsequent post, and then be led off in another direction by that reply. THAT is when I realized that this guy has no desire to help anyone succeed, but rather, he takes pleasure in assiting in their failure to get his software up and running.

At that point, it, much like you proclaimed, became sport fucking for me. My only desire now, is to try and flood this thread with as many posts as I see fit, highlighting his dementia, while hopefully making other potentially interested parties aware that they have no hope for success IF they follow his "instructions" because the requisite file(s), required for success, do not exist, at least not publicly.

P.S. Points awarded for the: "I was around before AOL came in and screwed it all up for everyone" quip... That did indeed make me chuckle a little bit. Bravo.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 03:19:36 pm by Slide_Lock »

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2293 on: September 09, 2023, 03:51:53 pm »
If you actually believe that what Joe has offered up here is a clean path to success, for those who wish to investigate the worthiness of his "software", for whatever reason they choose, then please, by all means, defend that position with a solution of your own, for example on how to locate the one file, that appears to be required to arrive at a successful installation: "ni-labview-2020-runtime-engine_20.1.1_offline.iso" . That file does not appear to exist anywhere in NI's website, yet without it, the entirety of his offering is fruitless.

Okay, enough. I've been monitoring the developments in this thread with amusement, as Joe is just the kind of cranky hardass I like (I am an old veteran after all, so fits right in with me). I don't have a VNA so haven't tried to install Joe's software, but I had to give this a try to see what all the drama is about.

So after all of your bloviating about how ni-labview-2020-runtime-engine_20.1.1_offline.iso "does not appear to exist anywhere in NI's website," I figured I'd have to get clever or something to sus it out. Nope, I found it directly on NI's download page and downloaded it, all in probably less than 60 seconds.

I would normally give the link, screenshots, and whatever steps are necessary to go directly to the download, but after your show of crapping on others who contribute their efforts to the community because you can't figure out how to download something, I'll not participate in the spoon feeding either.

Joe is providing you (and this community) with a wealth of information that he doesn't have to. I'm not an RF guy, I follow him mainly for his DMM robustness work, and I've learned a lot from it. He's doing the work for his own use or interests and generously sharing it with the rest of us. He doesn't have patience for people that expect to be spoon fed and can't figure things out for themselves, and I can respect that. He's not pushing his work on anyone, and I'm sure could give less than a f*#$ whether you or anyone else cares for his attitude about it.

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Kean, joeqsmith, bd139

Online wasedadoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2294 on: September 09, 2023, 04:18:24 pm »
I found it too without much effort.

The following users thanked this post: joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2295 on: September 09, 2023, 05:09:49 pm »
I would normally give the link, screenshots, and whatever steps are necessary to go directly to the download, but after your show of crapping on others who contribute their efforts to the community because you can't figure out how to download something, I'll not participate in the spoon feeding either.

I'm not a fan of working to the least common denominator.  Even if our friend were able to locate the proper files and install them, the following quote alone suggests they they lack the technical skills to make use of it and your time documenting it for them would be wasted.   

....because you created umpteen filters, air-gaps or whatever other insignificant widget you imagined, ...

Consider there may be engineers in the making following along.  That's a group I am willing to invest time in.  It only took a few minutes to go from a Google search to having the files.   
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 06:20:06 pm by joeqsmith »

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2296 on: September 09, 2023, 07:23:10 pm »

The end game is nothing is solved <snip>

Well it appears that your constipation is twofold. One, potentially gastrointestinal, but Two, definitely mental. Hopefully I helped with at least one of them?

The bowel yes. The peristalsis invoked by your utterings was cathartic and I'm 1.1Kg lighter (2.4lb in dumbass units). Thank you indeed.

Again, I am happy that you felt the need to come rushing to Joe's defense, while he continued to make himself look like an addled old codger, running people around in circles with incorrect guidance on how to decipher his heiroglyphic instruction set. But in reality, what you are doing is generally referred to as "elder abuse". You are perpetuating his mania by validating it with a bit of your own, all while ignoring the points that were made with regards to what Joe seems to enjoy doing in this thread, which is pretend like he is sitting on the Rosetta Stone, and offering up the key to anyone willing to tolerate his dementia long enough for him to extend it.....When and if he feels like you have earned it.

I would refer you to my partner, a rather prominent psychologist, academic and doctor on why you are wrong. However I just dumped her, partly because the academic rigour in her sector is near zero and most of what they come out with is reasonable sounding ideas that they desperately try and fit data and conclusions to to validate their existence. Quite frankly that doesn't sit well with me as it's intellectually dishonest. So coming out with any popular psychology, which is built on the pillars of this excrement, is not a viable point to argue from.

You (and his) odd need to continue bashing HAM radio license holders is curious indeed. Joe gets a pass on this, because as mentioned, he appears to be suffering, (quite a bit acutally), from a sort of God complex. You, on the other hand, are admittedly just here for the entertainment.

Oh I'm not here for the entertainment. My day job is in the IT sector as you probably know. Technically at the moment I'm a somewhat tenured contract greybeard but I've been in the trenches of course for many years. And I've seen some of the most insane, degenerate, disgusting people in those trenches. I figured I needed a technical escape from that and some tie back to the previous career as an electrical engineer so after futzing with test gear for ages, I jumped through the hoops and got all the ham licenses here. A monkey could pass them, although some monkeys did not. This involved at the end of it, unfortunately, meeting hams. And they make the worst of the people I've seen in the IT trenches look like good mating material to keep the human race going forward. I mean where else other than a hamfest (or possibly Comic Con) can you queue up for 30 minutes in the burning sun with people nearly slipping off this mortal coil, the whiff off unwashed hair and armpits, lasagne flavoured vapes, gout and heart problems and if you happen to have your adult daughter with you, the wandering eyes of people who's only encounter with a woman was Mrs Hand and her five daughters.

All a ham license does for the majority of the holders is give them some perverted sense of value in a society that rejected them because they are rejectable. Some proudly walk around with a name badge and call sign on showing their importance, some dress up as close to police officers as they can and end up directing traffic at a car boot sale and some decorate their gardens with monstrous towers and fuck up the CATV / Internet for 2 miles in each direction. They only do this because the real world rejected their fantasies of power and control because they had that much of a personality disorder that it's the only bit of society that would accept them. And why would they not accept them...

Now a number of us when we did our licenses kept in contact, via sensible means aka WhatsApp and email like the rest of society. No one bothers now because of the racists, the misogynists, the perverts, the personality disorders and the general association with such folk.

On top of that it's a kick in the teeth because I did actually build my own receiver, transmitter and gear from scratch! (oh and a K2). All I get is people whining I'm 25Hz off frequency. I'm literally sending you this signal on a transmitter made of 11 parts I put together myself. You're sitting there on your fat stinky ass in front of several thousand dollars of Elecraft K-line stuff that you don't actually know how it works pissing on everyone. Yeah nice job.

So that's why I dislike the whole ham thing. And I think it's justified. I was attending hamfests until recently just to rip off their shit and sell it on ebay and make loads of money but I can't be bothered with that now any more either because I might catch something itchy off them.

Like I said I don't give a fuck. I actually give a minuscule proportion less of a fuck now it's NI LabVIEW. I mean I've done my time on that before and it hurt me. But I reckon I could find that if for a moment I started giving a fuck. I mean it basically says "install the LabVIEW runtime" yeah? Sure I can work that out.

I would have gladly wandered off into the distance, biting my tongue, had he not replied to my post with "those pesky stepper motors, watch the video", which caused me to watch the video again, only to discover that I had already done what he described in the video, report that in a subsequent post, and then be led off in another direction by that reply. THAT is when I realized that this guy has no desire to help anyone succeed, but rather, he takes pleasure in assiting in their failure to get his software up and running.

This is the Internet. Expectations of accuracy and no legwork on the part of the consumer are never guaranteed. I mean how many thousands of circuits out there are absolute garbage trash and junk designed by complete and utter morons, some quite famous (Forest Mimms is the biggest fraud ever for example). You have to fill in the gaps yourself.

A while ago I published a design on here for a fully analoge scope excercising unit which bounces a little ball on the screen in X-Y mode. This was a fairly simple quadrature oscillator and a couple of triangle oscillators and two summing amplifiers. Someone built it and got pissy in DMs that it didn't work. I don't care! Fix it yourself.

By the way I assume you meant "assisting" rather than "assiting" there.

At that point, it, much like you proclaimed, became sport fucking for me. My only desire now, is to try and flood this thread with as many posts as I see fit, highlighting his dementia, while hopefully making other potentially interested parties aware that they have no hope for success IF they follow his "instructions" because the requisite file(s), required for success, do not exist, at least not publicly.

Perhaps the problem is with your demeanour, not the recipient. I mean you're doing a lot to ruin your own credibility in that statement. I mean you have switched to "pee all over the furniture" because no one fed you. It'll be humping the cushions next.

P.S. Points awarded for the: "I was around before AOL came in and screwed it all up for everyone" quip... That did indeed make me chuckle a little bit. Bravo.

Thank you. Takes a bow

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Offline Grandchuck

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2297 on: September 09, 2023, 08:13:35 pm »
Your rapier wit is amazing!  Not kidding!

Offline cyp_eev

• Contributor
« Reply #2298 on: September 09, 2023, 10:22:42 pm »

My only desire now, is to try and flood this thread with as many posts as I see fit, highlighting his dementia, while hopefully making other potentially interested parties aware that they have no hope for success IF they follow his "instructions" because the requisite file(s), required for success, do not exist, at least not publicly.
You are just making an ass of yourself..  :palm:

A direct search on Google for "install solver64" returns (somewhere on 6th place) a thread from NanoVNA-V2@Groups.io
https://groups.io/g/NanoVNA-V2/topic/89931588

Albert, a 77 years old man, was asking for help installing Solver64. I posted there a short installation guide, I wanted to prevent Albert and maybe others from doing a complete LabVIEW installation, as suggested by some other users. The links for the LabView runtime and NI-VISA are still working.
Albert just asked friendly for help, was not complaining and he finally succeded.

But you?..
Obviously it takes just a tiny effort to find the files Joe has specified or to search independently.

Thanks Joe! Great job!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 10:25:39 pm by cyp_eev »

Offline Slide_Lock

• Contributor
« Reply #2299 on: September 09, 2023, 10:39:35 pm »

The bowel yes. The peristalsis invoked by your utterings was cathartic and I'm 1.1Kg lighter (2.4lb in dumbass units). Thank you indeed.

Glad I could help.

I would refer you to my partner, a rather prominent psychologist, academic and doctor on why you are wrong. However I just dumped her, partly because the academic rigour in her sector is near zero and most of what they come out with is reasonable sounding ideas that they desperately try and fit data and conclusions to to validate their existence. Quite frankly that doesn't sit well with me as it's intellectually dishonest. So coming out with any popular psychology, which is built on the pillars of this excrement, is not a viable point to argue from.

Interesting you will tolerate the "pilars of excrement" that Joe slathers around in, in fact, you attempt to validate it by defending him with a sort of man on man love fest vigor, I heretofore had not witnessed in this forum, yet you have zero tolerance for someone like me who is simply calling a spade a spade.

All a ham license does for the majority of the holders is give them some perverted sense of value in a society that rejected them because they are rejectable. Some proudly walk around with a name badge and call sign on showing their importance, some dress up as close to police officers as they can and end up directing traffic at a car boot sale and some decorate their gardens with monstrous towers and fuck up the CATV / Internet for 2 miles in each direction. They only do this because the real world rejected their fantasies of power and control because they had that much of a personality disorder that it's the only bit of society that would accept them. And why would they not accept them...

Perhaps for some, but for others, it is a pre-requisite to be able to communicate on small slices of particular RF bands, to help those in need, or crisis, outside of the normal local and federal emergency relief sphere. It's too bad that you were unable to embrace that part of the "hobby"... Perhaps there were not enough hero worshipers to keep your inflated ego satiated in the obviously weird circle of HAM licensees you chose to ooze around in? It's a big world out there. Had you taken off your blinders, or perhaps engaged your cranial peristalsis in an attempt to evacuate the anger and discontent from your vacuous brain, you might have met some of us....Who knows either way because you have obviously moved on to browner pastures.

On top of that it's a kick in the teeth because I did actually build my own receiver, transmitter and gear from scratch! (oh and a K2). All I get is people whining I'm 25Hz off frequency. I'm literally sending you this signal on a transmitter made of 11 parts I put together myself. You're sitting there on your fat stinky ass in front of several thousand dollars of Elecraft K-line stuff that you don't actually know how it works pissing on everyone. Yeah nice job.

So that's why I dislike the whole ham thing. And I think it's justified. I was attending hamfests until recently just to rip off their shit and sell it on ebay and make loads of money but I can't be bothered with that now any more either because I might catch something itchy off them.

Nah, I think you just dislike anyone not exactly like you. If someone has interests or takes positions not in line with your own narrow view of the world, you belittle and denigrate them. You and Joe sound like two peas in a pod, hence the man on man reference I eluded to earlier. Do you guys do that weird Zoom meeting thing where you are naked from the waste down, while talking in stereo to each other?

A while ago I published a design on here for a fully analoge scope excercising unit which bounces a little ball on the screen in X-Y mode. This was a fairly simple quadrature oscillator and a couple of triangle oscillators and two summing amplifiers. Someone built it and got pissy in DMs that it didn't work. I don't care! Fix it yourself.

Thank you for validating all of my previous points in this post. After all, it would not be complete without the requisite "I developed the flux capacitor that took Marty McFly to the moon" holier than thou chest thumping on your part. Again, two peas in a pod.... Brilliant.

Perhaps the problem is with your demeanour, not the recipient. I mean you're doing a lot to ruin your own credibility in that statement. I mean you have switched to "pee all over the furniture" because no one fed you. It'll be humping the cushions next.

Not quite, I mentioned it before, but since you probably flushed your brain cell when you did the whole peristalsis routine, I will say it again so you can keep up: I am just calling a spade a spade.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 10:41:58 pm by Slide_Lock »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf