Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 859127 times)

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #850 on: May 18, 2015, 06:34:53 am »

- does the math (-) trigger works?
- does the save function (with both channels) really saves both channels?
ok...  TODO.txt on source code:  3. Exporting waves to file (binary or txt) with more than one source selected only exports first selection!
- new question, can you load two previously saved waves or just one as it seems?
[/quote]

-no, there's no math trigger.
- Yes, it's able save one channel and save both channels as well.
- It only can load just one channel previously saved waves.

Offline boborjan

• Electrical Engineer
« Reply #851 on: May 22, 2015, 06:22:16 am »
Hi all,

I have just started using Hantek 6022 with RichardK's GUI - It's a great work. Thanks for sharing.
It works as expected except: in normal or single sweep, trigger position seems to be random, sometimes off screen (I do not see the triggering edge at all but I catch the screen changing when the trigger occurs). Is this expected/known limitation or am I missing something? I am using the latest drivers from Hantek's page andrelease PR18. I even tried the one that comes with sources (PR19), the same results.

update: I have realized that the screen content is taken from the middle of much larger buffer. The trigger position seems to be always at the beginning of this large buffer. Does this mean that there is no pre-triggering function available? Is this the limitation of the Hantek API? (as far as I understood, all data is uploaded to PC and triggering is done in software)

Thanks,
Viktor
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 07:07:32 am by boborjan »

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #852 on: May 25, 2015, 03:59:33 am »
Yes, you are right,  there is no pre-triggering function (hardware trigger) available, it's done in software.
The precondition of software trigger is data acquisition, so "trigger position seems to be random".
Neither API problem nor driver problem.

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #853 on: May 30, 2015, 05:59:20 pm »
@rpcope1:

Hi!

I managed to get your example going! Great work! I had to install a few packages, though:

That was python-matplotlib , python-scipy, python-numpy, python-pip, python-usb, libusb1 (with pip), python-dev, pypy-dev (not in that order, though...)

I had to add a path to the usb lib:

PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:PyHT6022 python examples/example_linux_scopevis.py

And got some error from time to time:

raise ValueError("x and y must have same first dimension")

File "examples/example_linux_scopevis.py", line 28, in <module>
    pylab.plot(timing_data, voltage_data, color='#009900', label='Raw Trace')

But now I got a wonderful trace!

You want to translate your code to C now? Or just create a driver for sigrok?

Thanks for your great efforts!

Offline EDToft

« Reply #854 on: June 08, 2015, 01:06:09 pm »
Key is public

http://support.embarcadero.com/article/39702

Google

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Borland+C%2B+Builder+6.0+Personal+.iso&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=-seLVPuzLpK5ogSPnYGIBg

Nice find :)

I know this is a few months old, but I just found this site, and I currently await my 6022BL...electronics is a budding hobby at this point, so I'm not ready to invest in anything better at this point.

Are the Torrent copies of C++ Builder Safe, unaltered, no trojan behavior?  I am paranoid about using torrents...been burned really bad in the past.

Thanks RichardK for your work, I look forward to using your program.  I'm a US corporate programmer (i.e. buried in a windows world).  As things go along I may, find some free time to contribute to the project.  Here's to hoping for that anyway.

E.

Offline Syncopator

• davidbridgen
« Reply #855 on: June 08, 2015, 04:02:43 pm »
Good afternoon Gentlemen. 

The site, and this thread, was discovered through a search for 6022BE help. 

The software for my recently acquired unit is installed on a Windows 8.1 machine.  However, it couldn't find the driver.  I pointed it to the Driver folder in the Hantek6022BE folder but it couldn't install it.  I shall attach a relative screenshot.

An enquiry to the manufacturers via email resulted in them sending a new driver.  The original is named simply "Driver",  the new one "Win8Driver". 
I put the original one in a new folder and renamed the new one as "Driver". 

Now, when I plugged in the unit, the Found New Hardware Wizard didn't open up. 

I uninstalled everything Hantek which IObit's uninstaller could find and reinstalled the (first part of) the software.  Isolated the original Driver and replaced it with the renamed new one.  Bbut the Hardware Wizard still doesn't open. 

If this is a Hantek software problem, I would be grateful if anyone can tell me how to overcome it.

If it's a Windows problem I apologise for wasting your time reading this and will copy and paste to a Windows 8 forum. 
Equal rights for equal responsibilities.
Equal opportunities for equal abilities.

Offline Merlyn

• Contributor
« Reply #856 on: June 18, 2015, 08:13:00 am »
Here is a dumb situation: after using the scope for so long all of a sudden the Output window (where measurements are shown) disappeared. Can't switch it back on from the menu - it just wouldn't show (Hantek v1.05). Any ideas?

The Open Hantek software after all those improvements still can't measure properly. Why is that? I'm measuring in the audio range and it shows absolutely inadequate results.

Concerning the Linux stuff: is it possible to use a Raspberry PI to run the scope and make a standalone unit?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 08:18:04 am by Merlyn »

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #857 on: June 18, 2015, 10:28:41 pm »
Did you try RichardK's software?

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #858 on: June 18, 2015, 10:41:59 pm »
Here is a dumb situation: after using the scope for so long all of a sudden the Output window (where measurements are shown) disappeared. Can't switch it back on from the menu - it just wouldn't show (Hantek v1.05). Any ideas?

The Open Hantek software after all those improvements still can't measure properly. Why is that? I'm measuring in the audio range and it shows absolutely inadequate results.

Concerning the Linux stuff: is it possible to use a Raspberry PI to run the scope and make a standalone unit?

Raspberry PI should have adequate HW to run it.  The issue is someone developing the software for it.

Offline Merlyn

• Contributor
« Reply #859 on: June 21, 2015, 11:23:00 am »
Did you try RichardK's software?

I have both. RichardK's is greatly improved except for it still can't measure properly. Hantek software does at least that.
I tried to uninstall Hantek's software and drivers even after a clean install it still doesn't show the output window. I can switch on and off all other windows except for that one which is very strange. It was working several days ago and all of a sudden disappeared.

Offline EDToft

« Reply #860 on: June 26, 2015, 03:46:45 am »
Syncopator,

I have a 6022BL that I got for $48 on eBay...unopened NIB.  When I had issues with the driver install I first thought "you get what you pay for" but I was also stubborn and wanted to get it going. 

I uninstalled the software.  Then went to the device manager and uninstall the Hantek drivers.  I also scanned my drive for the drivers, and made sure that everything Hantek was uninstalled.

After seeing some posts about updated drivers at the Hantek site I registered at the Hantek site, and DL'd the new drivers.  The driver install is still quirky, but I finally got it running.

My advice is to make sure all of the driver files are purged, and only then try to reconnect and re-install the drivers.  I wish you luck.  I'm having fun experimenting with tank circuits...watching the "ring" after disconnecting the power...and also 555 circuits...varying the wave lengths with a pot, etc.  Just tinkering and figuring out how this thing works.

I have had good results calculating the capacity of a capacitor...within .5% of the actual value and I think I got the frequency calc right to measure an inductor...It has no markings so I'm not sure, but it came back at .5 micro henries. 

So I'm actually very impressed with this device.  Definitely all I need for learning the basics.

Offline EDToft

« Reply #861 on: June 26, 2015, 03:52:26 am »
On another note but still related to the drivers...My Win 7 machine is now having issues coming out of sleep mod...it reboots.  Coming out of hibernate it blue screens with a INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR.  I remove the hantek drivers and all is well.  I put them back and there are problems.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I have not dug in to the SDK yet.  Does it include the Drivers or just the GUI?  Ok.  I will dig, but if anyone has a quick answer...MUCH appreciated.

Thanks to everyone.

Offline Syncopator

• davidbridgen
« Reply #862 on: June 26, 2015, 12:14:10 pm »
Syncopator,

I have a 6022BL that I got for $48 on eBay...unopened NIB.  When I had issues with the driver install I first thought "you get what you pay for" but I was also stubborn and wanted to get it going. 

I uninstalled the software.  Then went to the device manager and uninstall the Hantek drivers.  I also scanned my drive for the drivers, and made sure that everything Hantek was uninstalled.

I did much the same a couple of days ago.  Looked for the 'scope in Device Manager.  It was in "Other Devices" and had a yellow exclamation mark.  Looked at its properties/driver and told it where to look.   

Just why it couldn't find it by itself is anyone's guess.   

I had posted the problem in another forum, relative posts being here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-6022be-20mhz-usb-dso/msg689558/#msg68955

and here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hantek-6022be-20mhz-usb-dso/msg700285/#msg700285
Equal rights for equal responsibilities.
Equal opportunities for equal abilities.

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #863 on: July 10, 2015, 07:32:13 am »
You need to update the drivers manually in Windows.
Device Manager->click on device 6022BE -> property-> Driver Programme -> select the option to Update Driver

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #864 on: July 13, 2015, 10:10:52 pm »
I had started to hack together a GUI using matplotlib, but I'm fighting with the fact getting parallelism in CPython is not easy; just consistently reading and trigger is probably enough to saturate a CPython process. I am hoping to work to make the documentation better on CPython also; I'd like to get this to the point where someone with basic Python skills can still use this device in a meaningful way. Real hardware triggering might (or might not) be possible, I just need to slog through the 8051 assembly now. It's also possible that we might be able add significantly better software triggering than the stock software (see my above post).

So I googled my way through python (I don't really like python) and extended your linux vis example by a few line to animate the waveform. I did not use any python bitblit methods for now. Just clear and redraw the screen. So I got maybe 2 to 3 updates / second in my virtualbox now. I added some very simple code for triggering, but it doesn't really work yet.
Not sure, if it's actually worth to work on this python code for now, but better do some C++ coding (qt maybe).

Offline rpcope1

• Contributor
« Reply #865 on: July 28, 2015, 11:33:57 pm »
@rpcope1:

Hi!

I managed to get your example going! Great work! I had to install a few packages, though:

That was python-matplotlib , python-scipy, python-numpy, python-pip, python-usb, libusb1 (with pip), python-dev, pypy-dev (not in that order, though...)

I had to add a path to the usb lib:

PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:PyHT6022 python examples/example_linux_scopevis.py

And got some error from time to time:

raise ValueError("x and y must have same first dimension")

File "examples/example_linux_scopevis.py", line 28, in <module>
    pylab.plot(timing_data, voltage_data, color='#009900', label='Raw Trace')

But now I got a wonderful trace!

You want to translate your code to C now? Or just create a driver for sigrok?

Thanks for your great efforts!

So I googled my way through python (I don't really like python) and extended your linux vis example by a few line to animate the waveform. I did not use any python bitblit methods for now. Just clear and redraw the screen. So I got maybe 2 to 3 updates / second in my virtualbox now. I added some very simple code for triggering, but it doesn't really work yet.
Not sure, if it's actually worth to work on this python code for now, but better do some C++ coding (qt maybe).

My apologies, I don't check this often. I am considering translating some of it to C; you could also create a sigrok driver, but my understanding is most of the scopes sigrok supports have built-in triggering, which will be a major challenge here. The enormous limitation on this device is that unless you add an external trigger, triggering needs to happen in software, which is going to mean writing code that has some level of parallelism involved (need one thread to poll USB data, one thread to handle trigger, one thread to handle display).  This is problematic on CPython because the GIL limits thread based parallelism, meaning you either need to rewrite the hotspots in C or Cython. I am currently leaning towards Cython, because the code is simpler to maintain, and has most of the C performance gains. I had not considered writing an API for anything other than Python, but maybe in the future the work can be ported to an API in C or C++. Someone with some familiarity with libusb could do most of the work pretty easily.

As far as resolving path dependencies, did you run "sudo python setup.py install" before running the examples? That should install the dependencies into your site-libraries folder, and you shouldn't need to modify the PYTHONPATH.

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #866 on: July 29, 2015, 09:43:51 am »
I just started a qtcreator project for now. But since I am no C++ pro, progress is slow. I translated the firmware format to a file, so I can load from there and flash. Btw: what is this 'value'  in the USB methods? The address where to flash the data?

Offline RedPaladin

« Reply #867 on: August 07, 2015, 09:19:57 pm »
Hello you guys,

For my job, I have worked on a C# project using the Hantek6022BE and this forum helps me a lot to understand how the library works. I would like to thank you all of you.

I have passed few days to do some tests with the poor manual provided with the SDK. The different example in other languages help me to create a small proof of concept that I want to share with you. Inside the same solution, I have created a small application in WinForm to show the signal from Channel 1.

I have uploaded my code into GitHub. You can find the link here: https://github.com/RedPaladin/DotNetHantek

Readme from GitHub:
I made this managed C# library in order to bring you a better abstraction level of the native library HTMarch.dll provided by Hantek.

Note my C# library is using unsafe code to call the low level functions of the original library.

I bring this project to the entire world because I haven't found any example in C# with this oscilloscope. I hope sincertly I will help you and save you a lot of times to understand the way this library works.

To build this project, you need Visual Studio 2012 (the express version should be sufficient) and, of course, a Hantek USB oscilloscope.

Nothing better than an example to understand how my library is working, I have included into the solution a protype which is displaying the signal from Channel 1. All you need is to connect the probe to 1Khz/2V connector located and run the application.

My material is a model Hantek6022BE but I think it is compatible with other model but I haven't tried yet.

The code is highly inspired by the Python project: https://github.com/rpcope1/Hantek6022API

Hope it will help !
RedPaladin

Offline Chriss0422

« Reply #868 on: September 15, 2015, 11:26:38 am »
Hello everybody,

My english is not really good so forgive me. I'm new on this forum.
First of all, I would like to congrats RichardK for his very very beautiful work.
RichardK, if you still read this forum, thanks a lot ! I hope to see you again programming this beautiful software.
It's been a few week I use this software and I have notice some bugs, maybe users can confirm them.

1. I'am in France, so when I click on "Save" button I have systematically an error "1.0 is not a floating point value"
This appears due to the dot separator used in "Image export setting" tab combobox (for Horizontal and Vertical zoom). I suppose the default Windows separator is used and in France it's dot and not comma. This is my hypothesis. It's a blocking point, I can't use the function "save" due to this.

2. When I use Vertical Cursor to measure the time durtion of a signal, the return value is not the same when I change the Time/DIV in order to Zoom In or Zoom Out. I mean, after Zoom out for example, when I readjust the cursor on my signal, the Time duration return is not the same.

3. Sometimes, when I use the scrolling waveform function at the top of the screen, the "T" goes crazy. See attached file.

4. In the case I use normal trigger for acquiring a signal then I click on "Stop" to analyze it.
When I change the time/DIV setting in order to zoom in or out, it's not working. There is no signal redraw.
With single shot trigger, it's works.

Do you have these same behaviour in your side ?

I have collected many other bugs if somebody is interrested in them... Maybe RichardK ? :-)

Sorry again for my poor english language.

Regards,
Christophe

Hello everybody,

Does anyone have recompile the source code from RichardK and try to fix some bug ?
Or at least, did you notice the bugs I mention above ?
At this time, RIchardK's software is not usable due to these. But I think it's not really difficult to fix them (easy to say for a none coder guy...). Maybe somebody started a work...

Regards,
Christophe.

Offline rsfoto

• Contributor
« Reply #869 on: October 11, 2015, 06:28:22 pm »
Hi,

I am new here because I saw this very interesting thread about the Hantek 6022BE. I decided to get one and have been playing with it since Friday afternoon. I have made the experience about the hantek software hanging very often.

I somewhere read that there is an alternative software for this Oscilloscope but I could not find the link in order to download it.

It looks like the 6022BE is not the best but I just wanted to start with something and not break the bank. When I see the possibilities then I would spend more money for an Oscilloscope.

Thank for the info where to download the latest stable alternative software.

regards Rainer

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #870 on: October 12, 2015, 02:55:21 am »
Read page 37 of this thread. If pr18 is too slow, check pr17.

Offline rsfoto

• Contributor
« Reply #871 on: October 12, 2015, 03:47:56 pm »
Read page 37 of this thread. If pr18 is too slow, check pr17.

Vielen Dank und Grüße aus Mexiko  :)

Thanks

Offline borax

« Reply #872 on: December 17, 2015, 08:57:57 am »
Hi

I'm also new here because of this thread and my search for a better software for the 6022BE. The software from RichardK seems to be very good! Unfortunately I cannot use it because I have the rebranded Voltcraft DSO2020 version. I'm trying to simply patch the HTMarch.dll to get it running, but unfortunately I have no luck yet.

One question to any user of the Open6022BE software: Does it also work with the 'original' version of the HTMarch.dll from the Hantek installation package (Hantek6022BE_V1.05 )? Or is the special version of the HTMarch.dll (which is included in the Open6022BE software) necessary?
I'm asking because the HTMarch.dll from the Hantek installation package and the rebranded version (DSO2020_V1.0.4_20150512 from Voltcraft) differ only in a few bytes, whereas the special version of the HTMarch.dll is much more different (even in size: special version=15.872 bytes, original version: 16.896 bytes)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:15:22 am by borax »

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #873 on: December 17, 2015, 02:35:11 pm »
Hi

I'm also new here because of this thread and my search for a better software for the 6022BE. The software from RichardK seems to be very good! Unfortunately I cannot use it because I have the rebranded Voltcraft DSO2020 version. I'm trying to simply patch the HTMarch.dll to get it running, but unfortunately I have no luck yet.

One question to any user of the Open6022BE software: Does it also work with the 'original' version of the HTMarch.dll from the Hantek installation package (Hantek6022BE_V1.05 )? Or is the special version of the HTMarch.dll (which is included in the Open6022BE software) necessary?
I'm asking because the HTMarch.dll from the Hantek installation package and the rebranded version (DSO2020_V1.0.4_20150512 from Voltcraft) differ only in a few bytes, whereas the special version of the HTMarch.dll is much more different (even in size: special version=15.872 bytes, original version: 16.896 bytes)

Yes.  I have used RichardK's software with v1.03, v1.04, and v1.05 under Windows XP SP3.

Offline borax

« Reply #874 on: December 17, 2015, 03:55:11 pm »
Ok.  Thanks for for your quick response! But have you ever replaced the HTMarch.dll in the Open6022BE package (which has a size of 15.872 bytes and is dated from 04/18/2013) with the version from the original Hantek 1.05 installation package (which is 16.896 bytes and is dated from 03/01/2013)? I just don't know if the Open6022BE software should work with the 'original' HTMarch.dll or if RichardK has changed something essential in the version which is included in the Open6022BE package.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf