Author Topic: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)  (Read 3089348 times)

Offline akohler

• Contributor
Re: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)
« Reply #4875 on: March 25, 2016, 05:29:14 pm »
I am just trying to be diplomatic with batteriser

:-//

Flys and honey

And sorry for being hostile to you, Fungus. I don't like Bob and Batteriser myself. I just am trying to come up with constructive ideas to get Batteriser to communicate without everyone immediately smacking them  down.

When I made my polite suggestion to Bob, I knew I would immediately get a "he won't" response from the forum.

Batteriser  communication has been getting worse and worse, as people's comments have been getting worse and worse. I wouldn't want to communicate with the contributors if every time I did, I got yelled at. Let's be positive constructive. Hopefully it will get positive results.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:48:05 pm by akohler »

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4876 on: March 25, 2016, 05:41:37 pm »

How does the hand up the bum feel?

What in the world does that mean?

Offline akohler

• Contributor
« Reply #4877 on: March 25, 2016, 05:46:25 pm »

Offline akohler

• Contributor
« Reply #4878 on: March 25, 2016, 05:51:40 pm »
If you're suggesting that I am a Batteriser puppet, that's like Batteriser suggesting anyone who doesn't support them is in the pocket of "Big Battery"

It's a safe and easy disparagement without any basis.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4879 on: March 25, 2016, 06:22:27 pm »
 :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Offline akohler

• Contributor
« Reply #4881 on: March 25, 2016, 06:39:27 pm »
This tread is turning into a anal discussion on so many levels!   :palm:

I am sincerely trying not to be like that. I've been trying --mostly-- to be polite, level-headed, and positive, but keep getting negative  and low-brow responses.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4883 on: March 25, 2016, 06:46:32 pm »
This tread is turning into a anal discussion on so many levels!   :palm:

I am sincerely trying not to be like that. I've been trying --mostly-- to be polite, level-headed, and positive, but keep getting negative  and low-brow responses.

Joined 20 March 2016, 23 posts all in the same thread. Don't know any further info, but this smells slightly like you are either a social network manager or a similar functionary.......

Offline akohler

• Contributor
« Reply #4884 on: March 25, 2016, 06:52:37 pm »

Joined 20 March 2016, 23 posts all in the same thread. Don't know any further info, but this smells slightly like you are either a social network manager or a similar functionary.......

Very true, and I can see how you would think that.  My name is Ainsworth Kohler, and I live in Blue Hill, Maine. Feel free to look me up.

Offline akohler

• Contributor
« Reply #4885 on: March 25, 2016, 07:56:07 pm »
Let's assume --operative word-- that Batteroo is manufacturing the Batteriser in good faith.

Anyone in manufacturing knows that random BS happens that causes delays, and you can't always share the details.

Batterier says "Sorry, but ...": people understandably freak out a bit....; "Sorry, again, but...": people understandably freak out more...; "Sorry, yet again, but...": people absolutely (and understandably) lose it.

Batteriser communication has started out bad, and has been progressively been getting worse, as commenters have been getting worse. It's been cyclic. Who wants to post any new information when all that does is cause people to go nuts?

I believe that the Batterier is a product that will be great for an 80's remote control. That's about it. I believe that Batteroo has been sleazy in their marketing.

I have been independently following this Batteroo freakshow in parallel with this forum. I share most of the same opinions as most here.

My only motivation is to find some constructive way to encourage Bob to restart communication with his Indiegogo contributors. Almost all batteriser-related commentary is on the Indegogo forum and this one. I didn't contribute to the campaign, so this forum is my only means of encouraging people to help.

I am really doing this for the Indiegogo contributors, individuals who contributed $400k. I am just asking we try. I have the same opinions as you do about Bob, but let's try. It may do no good, but let's try.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4886 on: March 25, 2016, 08:21:58 pm »
If you're suggesting that I am a Batteriser puppet, that's like Batteriser suggesting anyone who doesn't support them is in the pocket of "Big Battery"

At the time of writing you have 25 posts in total, all on the subject of Batteriser with no posts in any other areas of the forum on any other subjects, and a recently registered account (20th March). It's easy to see why someone might be suspicious of an account with a profile like that in the context.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #4887 on: March 25, 2016, 09:11:21 pm »
Batteroo puppets have been caught before  :popcorn:

Offline akohler

• Contributor
« Reply #4888 on: March 25, 2016, 09:31:43 pm »

At the time of writing you have 25 posts in total, all on the subject of Batteriser with no posts in any other areas of the forum on any other subjects, and a recently registered account (20th March). It's easy to see why someone might be suspicious of an account with a profile like that in the context.

I completely understand that reasoning. That's why I declared who I am, so anyone can look me up. I'm not advocating Batteroo, Bob, or the Batteriser in anyway. I'm just encouraging that we do what we can to help the Indiegogo contributors since the people in this forum has done the most research on the subject.

Offline akohler

• Contributor
« Reply #4889 on: March 25, 2016, 09:34:38 pm »
Comunicate with a liear?   |O

Your better of trying to Comunicate intelectualy with Donald Trump!

I agree, but I want us to try anyway.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #4890 on: March 25, 2016, 10:12:31 pm »
Let's assume --operative word-- that Batteroo is manufacturing the Batteriser in good faith.

Anyone in manufacturing knows that random BS happens that causes delays, and you can't always share the details.

they can't even get the maths in their spin right, they are con artists end of! Anyone who can't see the fifferent between 800% and 80% more can't be capable of designing what they claim to have designed. The only product i have come across that would benefot from a baterrizer is a peice of crap off ebay that I should never have bought!

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4891 on: March 25, 2016, 10:12:47 pm »
My only motivation is to find some constructive way to encourage Bob to restart communication with his Indiegogo contributors. Almost all batteriser-related commentary is on the Indegogo forum and this one. I didn't contribute to the campaign, so this forum is my only means of encouraging people to help.

You don't get it.
It's clear that Bob doesn't want to communicate.
Mostly they communicate through their Facebook page, whoever actually runs that.

Offline akohler

• Contributor
« Reply #4892 on: March 25, 2016, 10:14:41 pm »

they can't even get the maths in their spin right, they are con artists end of! Anyone who can't see the fifferent between 800% and 80% more can't be capable of designing what they claim to have designed. The only product i have come across that would benefot from a baterrizer is a peice of crap off ebay that I should never have bought!

Hence the word -> assume <- (i.e. pretend for arguement's sake) I'm not saying that product works. I'm saying let's pretend that they are actually making them.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #4893 on: March 25, 2016, 10:16:33 pm »

Hence the word -> assume <- (i.e. pretend for arguement's sake) I'm not saying that product works. I'm saying let's pretend that they are actually making them.

They should have found their mistakes at prototype stage, no need to further publicize the product, just take it as learning experience. I expect they used their backers money to pay PC world to publish a foney article about how they had been broken into by people searching for the secrets to their ground breaking technology - give me a fucking break!

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4894 on: March 25, 2016, 10:17:17 pm »
I'm just encouraging that we do what we can to help the Indiegogo contributors since the people in this forum has done the most research on the subject.

People have been trying to do this in various ways for this entire thread since it started.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4895 on: March 25, 2016, 10:18:39 pm »

We've done that, countless times.

Offline akohler

• Contributor
« Reply #4896 on: March 25, 2016, 10:25:24 pm »
I'm just encouraging that we do what we can to help the Indiegogo contributors since the people in this forum has done the most research on the subject.

People have been trying to do this in various ways for this entire thread since it started.

What could Bob have to say to this forum? NOTHING!
He would be just making a fool of himself! That's why he dont show up here.

Agreed, but that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm looking for a proxy, someone here who has contributed to the Batteriser Indiegogo campain, that can post there.

Offline akohler

• Contributor
« Reply #4897 on: March 25, 2016, 10:31:35 pm »
Alright.

It's me having an argument with 20 people at once, and nothing I say is getting anywhere.

Let's resume the Batteriser-bashing, and dig up all the dirt we can.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4898 on: March 25, 2016, 10:39:25 pm »

Batteriser have been caught on this forum before with an anonymous sockpuppet account, even though they have been invited to officially join and discuss.
So when someone comes on this forum and post only in the Batteriser thread in defense of the product, it's something people might naturally assume.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4899 on: March 25, 2016, 10:41:29 pm »
What could Bob have to say to this forum? NOTHING!
He would be just making a fool of himself! That's why he dont show up here.
Agreed, but that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm looking for a proxy, someone here who has contributed to the Batteriser Indiegogo campain, that can post there.

Countless people have done that. Mostly their comments on IGG get deleted when they try and raise any issues.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf