Author Topic: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)  (Read 3089758 times)

Offline Blocco

• Regular Contributor
Re: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)
« Reply #8275 on: January 28, 2017, 11:17:42 pm »
Plenty of opportunities for short-circuits between cells there, not really ideal in a £2200 instrument :--. We already know how fragile the insulating coating is.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:19:39 pm by Blocco »

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #8276 on: January 29, 2017, 02:12:26 am »
PLUS !!!! If just ONE sleeve fails (broken, shorted etc) he's screwed, and has to buy spares ... IF they ever arrive !
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #8277 on: January 29, 2017, 03:33:01 am »
PLUS !!!! If just ONE sleeve fails (broken, shorted etc) he's screwed, and has to buy spares ... IF they ever arrive !

Seems to me they come in packs of 4.  With 10 in use, he would already have a minimum of 2 spare.

Interesting that he doesn't mention anything other than they can power the instrument and that he has a desire for maximum service life from his batteries.  No statement that the sleeves actually fulfill the desire.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:35:07 am by Brumby »

Offline Hensingler

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8278 on: January 29, 2017, 03:37:24 am »
If he had done that same quick google search, he would have saved himself a great deal of money and gained much better performance and life per use by buying the rechargable battery pack instead.

The manual tells you to use NiMH AA batteries so he should already have been saving money.

Offline Blocco

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8279 on: January 29, 2017, 10:17:54 am »
If he had done that same quick google search, he would have saved himself a great deal of money and gained much better performance and life per use by buying the rechargable battery pack instead.

The manual tells you to use NiMH AA batteries so he should already have been saving money.

The recommendation to use NiMH cells suggests that the accordion has been designed with a low cut-off voltage. I expect that the control electronics all work on 5V and it's only the audio amplifier that  needs 12V to output full power (but will still work ok at 10V or less) so it could easily operate down to 1V per cell and at this point there won't be any energy left to recover from an alkaline or NiMH battery.

The video appears to be a response to Batteroo's offer of $50 for positive reviews (the "Batteroo" at the end doesn't seem normal) so hopefully he'll receive his money and then he can buy a NiMH battery and charger.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:22:44 am by Blocco »

Online forrestc

• Supporter
« Reply #8280 on: January 29, 2017, 12:01:16 pm »
The video appears to be a response to Batteroo's offer of $50 for positive reviews (the "Batteroo" at the end doesn't seem normal) so hopefully he'll receive his money and then he can buy a NiMH battery and charger.

Oh, he'll get it, but it will be 2 years from now, and it will be defective in numerous ways.   

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #8281 on: January 29, 2017, 12:32:56 pm »
Plenty of opportunities for short-circuits between cells there, not really ideal in a £2200 instrument :--. We already know how fragile the insulating coating is.

I wonder how much complaints about devices damaged by shorted Batteroo sleeves are necessary to trigger an official investigation into product safety. I'd assume the sleeves are inherently flimsy and prone to short circuits.

Offline dr_frost_dk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8282 on: January 29, 2017, 08:31:01 pm »
Another future deleted comment.
Would be funny to get all deleted comments collected in this thread and put them togetaher, just so people outside of the forum can see the scope of the deceit from batteroo

Offline Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8283 on: January 29, 2017, 08:38:00 pm »
I am wondering why no one of the scamed indigogo backers whose posts have been deletet has started a spam campaign, meaning posting his complaints over and over again after they got deleted... I personally would be totaly pissed if I post a complaint and get no answer at all and even the complaint gets deleted...  :rant:
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8284 on: January 29, 2017, 09:14:43 pm »
I am wondering why no one of the scamed indigogo backers whose posts have been deletet has started a spam campaign, meaning posting his complaints over and over again after they got deleted... I personally would be totaly pissed if I post a complaint and get no answer at all and even the complaint gets deleted...  :rant:

Maybe IGG still shows them their own posts even if they're "deleted".

Offline dr_frost_dk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8285 on: January 29, 2017, 10:38:51 pm »

Maybe IGG still shows them their own posts even if they're "deleted".

Every time they "delete" a comment the comment counter stays the same so they actually hide the comment, and yes maybe backers still see their comment and think nothing about it.
But for staying in the theme of this thread they are still deleted as nobody then original poster and batteroo can see them

So if you reading this and have posted to batteroo page (Indiegogo) then try to check the page when logged out to see if your comment is still there

Offline Blocco

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8286 on: January 29, 2017, 11:45:44 pm »
What ever happened to Bob Lucas Junior? He was one of the most vocal critics on IGG but I haven't seen a post from him for a while now; I hope he's OK.... :-X

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #8287 on: January 30, 2017, 03:58:09 am »
What ever happened to Bob Lucas Junior? He was one of the most vocal critics on IGG but I haven't seen a post from him for a while now; I hope he's OK.... :-X

Maybe he lost interest, or is it possible to ban people on Indiegogo from a project? I didn't find anything with a quick Google search. And looks like with Kickstarter, you can't remove comments yourself, but you have to ask an admin for it? If someone creates an Indiegogo project (it is easy with their lax rules, another free energy project would be fun :D ), I can add a comment with my Indiegogo account and we can test this, and the visibility rules of deleted comments.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline daveake

• Contributor
« Reply #8288 on: January 30, 2017, 11:01:49 am »
Another future deleted comment.
Would be funny to get all deleted comments collected in this thread and put them togetaher, just so people outside of the forum can see the scope of the deceit from batteroo

They've now culled that and other recent complaints.

They seem less bothered with the "my tracking number doesn't work" and "Still no delivery" posts.  Mind you, if they deleted all those, there'd be bugger-all left.

The following users thanked this post: dr_frost_dk

Offline Blocco

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8289 on: January 30, 2017, 06:29:34 pm »
More conclusive evidence that Batteroo works and that anyone who disagrees is being paid by "big battery". I suspect that Farid Rooh is not impartial on this matter....

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:38:42 pm by Blocco »

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8290 on: January 30, 2017, 06:53:44 pm »
More conclusive evidence that Batteroo works and that anyone who disagrees is being paid by "big battery". I suspect that Farid Rooh is not impartial on this matter....

Nah, if they were going to shill their comment section they'd use a name without "Rooh" in it. Right?

(or maybe it's a double-bluff  :popcorn: )

Offline daveake

• Contributor
« Reply #8291 on: January 30, 2017, 06:53:56 pm »
I suspect that Farid Rooh is not impartial on this matter....

:-DD The name is a dead giveaway  :palm:

https://www.facebook.com/drrooh?fref=ufi&rc=p

Offline meeder

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8292 on: January 30, 2017, 06:59:00 pm »

Well,  Frankie is among his Facebook friends...

Offline Blocco

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8293 on: January 30, 2017, 07:06:52 pm »

Well,  Frankie is among his Facebook friends...

Well, who would have supected this kind of shenanigans from such reputable folk :-DD

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #8294 on: January 30, 2017, 07:07:24 pm »
And again accusing that people are paid by battery companies. Makes no sense, because battery companies are happy that people are using the Batteroo sleeves, because then they sell more batteries :-DD
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline JiggyNinja

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8295 on: January 30, 2017, 07:11:48 pm »

Right, because trying to expose and punish LIARS for LYING and preventing them from profiting from their LIES is exactly like burning people at the stake for thought crime.

Shut up and go away. Just fucking go away.

(Farid, not Blocco)

Offline Hensingler

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8296 on: January 30, 2017, 07:46:45 pm »

This guy?

http://www.wellness1stimc.com/

With a marvelous "the following materials are for educational purposes only. This information is not intended for diagnosis or any other purposes." disclaimer at the top of the page.

Seems like scamming runs in the family.

Offline dr_frost_dk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8297 on: January 30, 2017, 08:24:16 pm »
This should be in some kind of late show/documentary etc, a good story about lies upon lies and a BIG investigation into the Roohperver family, and how MANY MANY people around the world are busting them from the start of this whole batteriser scheme.

Offline samgab

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8298 on: January 30, 2017, 09:21:30 pm »
And predictably, that facebook account no longer exists.

Offline samgab

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8299 on: January 30, 2017, 09:27:34 pm »

This guy?

http://www.wellness1stimc.com/

With a marvelous "the following materials are for educational purposes only. This information is not intended for diagnosis or any other purposes." disclaimer at the top of the page.

Seems like scamming runs in the family.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck... What's that sound a duck makes again?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf