Author Topic: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)  (Read 3089847 times)

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
Re: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)
« Reply #4125 on: January 16, 2016, 03:31:42 am »
Anybody thought of running a pool on this...?

Pick a date when they either actually ship something or when they announce it's dead in the water.

Bonus for guessing which.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #4126 on: January 16, 2016, 04:16:09 am »
I was good before but after trying to make sense of this garbage I now have the worst migraine you could possibly imagine...... :palm:

A serious apology for posting this shit, some may find it amusing, others may suffer as I did..... :-//

http://hiteh.us/batteroo-says-2-50-batteriser-sleeve-gives-battery-extended-life/
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:25:29 am by Muttley Snickers »

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4128 on: January 16, 2016, 06:49:06 am »
http://hiteh.us/batteroo-says-2-50-batteriser-sleeve-gives-battery-extended-life/

:wtf:
Must be a translation from another language, still reading and busting my ribs out of pure laughter!
 :-DD

Edit, the text at the end of the page is in Russian and asks to please log in to post a comment (to a Russian worldpress link)

So it was originally written in Russian it seems.

Edit2: follow the related links in there, they are as funny :)
Automated translation, and whatever they are using, is just not doing a good job.
For example:
http://hiteh.us/san-francisco-airport-to-test-sensors-that-talk-to-smartphone-apps-to-help-the-blind-find-their-way/
http://hiteh.us/facebook-artificial-intelligence-team-serves-up-20-tasks/

Or:
http://hiteh.us/microsoft-describes-hard-to-mimic-authentication-gesture/

For time, a commoner but perceptive a wearer unlocking his/her telephone (e.g., ended the teres muscle bomb) tin easy illustration the four-digit passcode or the mudra in use to open up the automatic pilot. Every bit a spillover, an assay-mark method that prevents all over the axillary cavity attacks is lovable. a antialiasing should terminate smooth for the mortal to ad-lib along the bait, simply embarrassing for new users to flex subsequently eyesight the effective individual stage business it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:01:09 am by miguelvp »

Offline Nerull

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4129 on: January 16, 2016, 07:17:36 am »
http://hiteh.us/supermarkets-welcome-cold-comfort-edge-of-f1-aerofoils/

I suspect its an automated blog scraper that steals articles, but they decided to be clever and run them through a translator to make it less obvious. Request logs show ads being requested by the page, but they're apparently hidden for some reason.

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4130 on: January 16, 2016, 07:20:47 am »
Yeah, all of them are hilarious:
http://hiteh.us/category/hi-tech-innovation/

Maybe automated translation from English to Russian and then back to English, an international telephone game!  :-DD

Edit: I added an add blocker because of the addsense here at the EEVBlog forums kills my browser so I finally had to install the plugin so it won't hang Google Chrome, so I didn't noticed the ads in there.
Edit2: This has happened recently on the last month or so, it was fine before.

Main site: http://hiteh.us/

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:26:37 am by miguelvp »

Offline ziq8tsi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4132 on: January 16, 2016, 07:36:42 am »
Repeated translation would mess up the grammar and punctuation a lot more, and would not tend to make ridiculous substitutions like "at" ? "Laotian monetary unit", or render "shoulder" variously as "teres muscle" and "axillary cavity".

It is a comedy thesaurus algorithm executed word by word.

Offline Joule Thief

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4133 on: January 16, 2016, 07:47:36 am »
I was good before but after trying to make sense of this garbage I now have the worst migraine you could possibly imagine...... :palm:

A serious apology for posting this shit, some may find it amusing, others may suffer as I did..... :-//

I call dibbs on the design rights for "cold snap electromotive force boosters"   :-DD

we could us some of those turned on right now in the NE USA. Brrrrrrr
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:51:11 am by Joule Thief »
Perturb and observe.

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #4134 on: January 16, 2016, 11:32:08 am »
I reckon that retranslated article has more truths and accuracy than the original Batteriser press releases.
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #4135 on: January 16, 2016, 11:46:23 am »

I didn't get halfway through the first paragraph before I got into trouble for laughing so much (and nearly choking).  I only escaped further admonishment by reading out some of it - and bloody hell was that a challenge!  It was like reading off a series of flash cards - with no grammatical constructs that I could identify and quite incomprehensible.

... and no, I just couldn't bring myself to finish reading it.

Offline Delta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4136 on: January 16, 2016, 01:01:09 pm »
  "Half a bee's dick" (yes, I've heard Dave say it in his videos many times as well) - so much more, umm, 'polite' than the typical expression used in the US to represent the same thing.

In the UK it's often referred to as a "Gnat's cock", which I believe is the S.I. unit.  We don't use the old imperial Bee dicks any more.

That's not entirely standard across the UK; the Scotch use "bawhair" or "fudhair".  Directly equivalent though...

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #4137 on: January 16, 2016, 01:59:33 pm »
That's not entirely standard across the UK; the Scotch use "bawhair" or "fudhair".  Directly equivalent though...

You're not a Scot, are you...

Offline g.lewarne

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4138 on: January 16, 2016, 02:00:21 pm »
some more facebook comments, grabbed before the inevitable cleanse

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #4139 on: January 16, 2016, 02:33:16 pm »
Has anybody determined the half-life of social media posts that are critical?

Offline quad

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4140 on: January 16, 2016, 03:03:16 pm »
I noticed a few more additions...  :popcorn:

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:05:04 pm by quad »

Offline g.lewarne

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4141 on: January 16, 2016, 03:36:17 pm »
Has anybody determined the half-life of social media posts that are critical?
anywhere between a few hours and a couple of days, tops.  Except that one visitor post that I have put a couple of comments on that seems completely immune to their cleansing.

Offline quad

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4142 on: January 16, 2016, 03:52:13 pm »
Except that one visitor post that I have put a couple of comments on that seems completely immune to their cleansing.

They don't delete all of them it seems. If we didn't take screenshots it would be very easy for all this to go unnoticed as they will leave a few slightly negative ones up there. E.g. Those asking / complaining about shipping dates.

The ones that definitely get deleted are any that mention the pending Trademark and Patent issues.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:56:00 pm by quad »

Offline quad

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4143 on: January 16, 2016, 04:21:15 pm »
How to Manage the Batteriser Facebook Page in 3 Easy Steps

1. Anything mentioning "Trademark" / "Patent" / "Landslide" / "Lawsuit" / Technical Discussion / "Dave Jones" / "EEVBlog"-> Delete immediately!

2. Those asking "When will they be shipped?" -> Reply, say to check IGG campaign for updates and include link. Maybe add in "diligently working hard", thank them for their patience, and add a smiley face emoticon :)

3. Anyone asking interesting / hard questions -> Don't respond, probably delete

Remember: if in doubt, delete!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:23:09 pm by quad »

Offline Marcel_X

• Contributor
« Reply #4144 on: January 16, 2016, 04:23:32 pm »
Assuming customers were to ever receive their Batteroosers, I can see many of them getting stuck inside the devices with tubular battery holders (such as the Apple keyboard). I have a few devices with such holders (mainly torches) and they all mostly have about half a bee's dick of slop between battery and casing. Simply wrapping a single layer of 80gsm paper around makes the battery an interference fit.

The shape of the spine of the Batterooser also looks to be non-cylindrical, so there's got to be at least a millimeter there. I'm pretty sure that it would require some force to get into my torches, and then be impossible to remove.

Absolutely true! I had an issue once with my wireless Apple keyboard. A regular Duracell battery got stuck in the back.
A little tap on the other side didn't help.
Slapping it on the kitchen table was the perfect solution.
I finally managed to get the battery out.  >:D
If it weren't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL, and OBOL

Offline g.lewarne

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4145 on: January 16, 2016, 04:29:07 pm »
Except that one visitor post that I have put a couple of comments on that seems completely immune to their cleansing.

They don't delete all of them it seems. If we didn't take screenshots it would be very easy for all this to go unnoticed as they will leave a few slightly negative ones up there. E.g. Those asking / complaining about shipping dates.

The ones that definitely get deleted are any that mention the pending Trademark and Patent issues.

that's what I thought, but interestingly I seem to have been banned from any sort of action (even liking!) their entise facebook- except I can still comment on that one post :D

Offline jippie

• Supporter
« Reply #4146 on: January 16, 2016, 04:31:02 pm »
Twitter is somewhat entertaining too.

Mikes Electric Stuff ?@mikelectricstuf Jan 13

@eevblog @Indiegogo "16 pcs of AA batteries is required" 
Where do I find 0.075 jjiggawatt AAAs?
Do I need  @batteriser?

And still loads of people spreading the glory.

And of course @GoBatteriser (always nice to see a verndor's focused Twitter feed).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:46:44 pm by jippie »

Offline quad

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4147 on: January 16, 2016, 04:39:34 pm »
that's what I thought, but interestingly I seem to have been banned from any sort of action (even liking!) their entise facebook- except I can still comment on that one post :D

That is interesting  :D

If they keep deleting negative posts / banning people, especially genuine backers with legitimate questions, concerns and criticisms... I tend to agree with a prediction from someone here on the forum a while back that someone's going to start an independent Facebook page and it's going to be a free for all! 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:42:34 pm by quad »

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4148 on: January 16, 2016, 07:38:29 pm »

That is interesting  :D

If they keep deleting negative posts / banning people, especially genuine backers with legitimate questions, concerns and criticisms... I tend to agree with a prediction from someone here on the forum a while back that someone's going to start an independent Facebook page and it's going to be a free for all!

Yeah, in this day and age of social media, there's only so much a customer will take before firing back. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet, there have been several missed ship dates now with ever more lame excuses.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4149 on: January 17, 2016, 03:40:20 am »
:-DD Batteriser helps you keep artillery indoors.
That makes it cobwebby plenty to accommodate indoors a miscellanea of artillery compartments.[/quo1te]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf