Author Topic: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)  (Read 3083747 times)

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)
« Reply #6775 on: November 30, 2016, 01:25:29 am »
That's just some metalwork.  While there is the curiosity question as to why it's changed, it's not going to affect operation in any way.
Who's to say they haven't just used all the material available to get product out and minimise wastage.

Sure. Bob has said they are shipping and they are shipping. The million dollar question is why has hardly anyone gotten them after many weeks? And why the lie about the automated tracking and logistics etc when at least one was shipped by hand from a local US post office?

Offline ccs46

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6776 on: November 30, 2016, 01:30:49 am »
Stop what? Am I not entitled to my opinion?
For the record I don't think Wayne, or anyone else for that matter, should be harassed. Treat others as you would be treated and all...

There is currently one person in the world that has Batterisers in hand that is willing to communicate with us, and he's in Australia so could send me some next day if he chose. Yet many people here seems to want to keep antagonising him, even if only in a slight way :-//

:palm: That's the point I was trying to make though... For the most part, people here have actually been very nice to him! Yes, a couple of people had a rude reply, but they were the minority and didn't continue.
No offense to Wayne, this is just from what I have observed.

I mean, I can see why people had rude responses, he kinda was a bit of a dick in the beginning and in his email back to Dave concerning the users of this forum. If it applied to me, I'd be offended too. :/

But I do agree, lets all be nice to Wayne. He doesn't have to help us, but he is. I know we all want to find out what the conclusion to these very interesting 2 years we've been watching is. I too am interested to see the results. (Even though I know they won't be what Uncle Bob is claiming.)

Just my thoughts.

Regards,

-Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Normal people... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet. - Scott Adams

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #6777 on: November 30, 2016, 01:33:30 am »
I have a theory ... it's stupid, but it fits the facts (what very few we have).

Maybe Bob's "Shipping Service" is some junior in a corner with a mailing list and a box of Batterizers Batteroo sleeves.

Priority dispatch has been to those he feels have a positive attitude towards the product.  This explains why Wayne would have been on that list.  He was able to present himself directly and 'sell' himself as a desirable candidate for a distributor.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #6778 on: November 30, 2016, 01:44:02 am »
I mean, I can see why people had rude responses, he kinda was a bit of a dick in the beginning and in his email back to Dave concerning the users of this forum.

Ever thought he might have had a reason for that?

From my experience, guys like that don't get pissed off without a reason - and when they do, they are going to be blunt.  In truth, we DON'T know what Wayne had been through before what you call 'in the beginning'.  It may have been 'in the beginning' on this forum, but there was clearly something happening beforehand.

Offline ccs46

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6779 on: November 30, 2016, 01:45:08 am »
I mean, I can see why people had rude responses, he kinda was a bit of a dick in the beginning and in his email back to Dave concerning the users of this forum.

Ever thought he might have a reason for that?

From my experience, guys like that don't get pissed off without a reason - and we DON'T know what Wayne had been through before what you call 'in the beginning'.  It may have been 'in the beginning' on this forum, but there was clearly something happening beforehand.
Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Normal people... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet. - Scott Adams

Offline lpickup

• Regular Contributor
  • Uncle Bobby Dazzler
« Reply #6780 on: November 30, 2016, 02:56:22 am »
From my experience, guys like that don't get pissed off without a reason - and when they do, they are going to be blunt.  In truth, we DON'T know what Wayne had been through before what you call 'in the beginning'.  It may have been 'in the beginning' on this forum, but there was clearly something happening beforehand.

Absolutely!  I am positive that he got swamped by tons of people that Googled "Revive Batteries Darwin" well before Dave posted his e-mail to the forum.

Offline WN1X

• Supporter
« Reply #6781 on: November 30, 2016, 03:40:22 am »
Sure. Bob has said they are shipping and they are shipping. The million dollar question is why has hardly anyone gotten them after many weeks? And why the lie about the automated tracking and logistics etc when at least one was shipped by hand from a local US post office?

My guess is they are cherry picking the few folks they have shipped product to. Wayne got his early to piss off Dave and the rest of the EEVBlog crew. This makes Bob happy and probably gains them the next increment of VC money.
- Jim

Offline quad

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6782 on: November 30, 2016, 05:29:24 am »
Someone posted a very good question on Indiegogo.

Shouldn't the lowest order id #s be in the first wave? I suspect we won't get an answer (it's been 7 days already), because if his order # wasn't less than 10, it raises the question....... why was he sent the Batteroo over someone who ordered it before him? SURELY the order ID should establish the "pecking order" . I count 3 resellers - Myle Home Intelligence, ReviveBatteries and Smartplusnew.

And they STILL haven't confirmed shipping addresses.

Ladies and gentlemen, Batteroo have not shipped to more than 10 "special" people. Bob said backers would receive their product "throughout November" - it's (almost) December now!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:32:07 am by quad »

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6783 on: November 30, 2016, 07:20:01 am »
I have a question - and I do ask in all seriousness - WHY are these units being called 'prototypes' or 'pre-production' models?

Because that's what they are. The ones we've seen so far are the ones Bob was showing people last year. They're not from new production and since last year Bob has said they were 'respinning' the chip for higher current (it's one of the excuses Bob has given for the delays).

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6784 on: November 30, 2016, 07:23:29 am »
Absolutely!  I am positive that he got swamped by tons of people that Googled "Revive Batteries Darwin" well before Dave posted his e-mail to the forum.

This is my feeling too. His personal details were really easy to find and there's easily enough nutters out there for a few of them to start calling him and saying stupid things the instant he posted that he had Batterisers.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6785 on: November 30, 2016, 07:25:20 am »
Someone posted a very good question on Indiegogo.

Ladies and gentlemen, Batteroo have not shipped to more than 10 "special" people. Bob said backers would receive their product "throughout November" - it's (almost) December now!
How do we even know that "Alan Stainman" isn't a fake account.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6786 on: November 30, 2016, 07:30:16 am »
How many days (weeks) in a row are we going to have to keep coming back here hoping every new post on here is an announcement that someone on the forum or elsewhere actually has them?
Don't hold your breath.

Bob is obviously lying about the shipments, ergo he's lying about production (would you produce them then not ship them?)

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6787 on: November 30, 2016, 07:51:44 am »
They're not from new production and since last year Bob has said they were 'respinning' the chip for higher current (it's one of the excuses Bob has given for the delays).

It should also be noted that the 500mA version would have been perfectly fine for the press review units, even Bob himself used them for all the demos. But nope, they never saw the light of day, not a single one.

Offline quad

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6788 on: November 30, 2016, 09:04:32 am »

There is a lot of evidence that points towards this being a real person. I can't stop you doing your own research, but I'd like to ask everyone (nicely) to not post any details or make any attempt to contact this person or others like him.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #6789 on: November 30, 2016, 09:18:53 am »

There is a lot of evidence that points towards this being a real person. I can't stop you doing your own research, but I'd like to ask everyone (nicely) to not post any details or make any attempt to contact this person or others like him.
This makes me want to do "research", ummm   searched on "Alan Stainman batterizer".  But too tired so I will continue tomorrow.
He must be another distributor, ah wait I need to search on that ...   All searches bring up Annis Water Resources Institute  wait... 
"research"  that is it.  I heard it from reliable sources that AWRI is secretly running tests on the Batterizer and has used up their inventory to do so.  So we need someone to run over there and knock on their door and demand to see the damn things.

Just shows what a little research will do.  Tomorrow I will fly over them and look for them  :-DD
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6790 on: November 30, 2016, 09:27:37 am »
So another day and another day of no reports.
I'm coming to the conclusion that the only thing that makes sense is that they had to ship units for *insert reason here*, but they didn't have them production ready yet for *insert reason here*, so they were forced to hand ship some they had already (pre-production samples?) to make it look like they shipped in volume when they actually hadn't. And they are hoping this buys them enough time to do the real shipping. Hence the "waves" comment, because all they have to do is ship a handful and that's a "wave". So they aren't technically lying.

If they just wanted to ship some samples to dealers etc then they could have done that quietly without any problem or public announcement.

Offline quad

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6791 on: November 30, 2016, 09:54:25 am »
I have made a VERY interesting discovery!

This shows these backers questioning the Batteriser, and don't appear to be shill accounts. This means there could be Batterisers out there in the "wild"

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:37:56 am by quad »

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6792 on: November 30, 2016, 09:55:18 am »
There is a lot of evidence that points towards this being a real person.

Maybe, I really haven't bothered to check.

But ... Bob is supposed to have posted about three thousand packages of Batterisers from the USA since about six weeks ago. There's been no unboxing videos, no blog updates, nothing. Complete silence apart from a handful of people who've had some sort of personal contact with Bob.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6793 on: November 30, 2016, 10:00:04 am »
they are hoping this buys them enough time to do the real shipping. Hence the "waves" comment, because all they have to do is ship a handful and that's a "wave". So they aren't technically lying.

Assuring people that 30% of them have been shipped and talking about "Logistics companies" is definitely lying.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #6794 on: November 30, 2016, 01:53:39 pm »
I have a question - and I do ask in all seriousness - WHY are these units being called 'prototypes' or 'pre-production' models?

Because that's what they are. The ones we've seen so far are the ones Bob was showing people last year. They're not from new production

But ... HOW do you know?

Have you seen examples from 'new production'?  What differences are there between 'pre-production' and 'new production models?  Are any of these differences visible from external observation?

Relying on the difference in the metalwork, whether the number of scallops or the name used is not adequate.  As I said before, the use of that could simply be utilizing existing parts to save on waste.

and since last year Bob has said they were 'respinning' the chip for higher current (it's one of the excuses Bob has given for the delays).
I can see one argument for that as being relevant - that if Bob & CO had succeeded, it would have been shouted from the rooftops and since that hasn't happened, then final production could not have begun.

However, I put it to you that our scepticism about that ever happening has been well founded and finding they are unlikely to ever get there, they are just releasing what they have been able to achieve - while saying nothing about their failure.

One other possibility.... Maybe they did succeed in a higher current solution and have included this in the units they are shipping - without a fanfare ... just to surprise us!

It could happen...

(Maybe not)

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6795 on: November 30, 2016, 02:14:38 pm »
Because that's what they are. The ones we've seen so far are the ones Bob was showing people last year. They're not from new production

But ... HOW do you know?

Would you design a new chip, set up production, manufacture a whole new batch, then ... only ship to three people?

Offline Luminax

• Regular Contributor
    • Electronesk
« Reply #6796 on: November 30, 2016, 02:23:42 pm »
I was bored today around noon while waiting for my other team members to finish their parts for the management bling-bling... errr I mean Powerpoint presentations... so I did do some digging on some of the backers stats... forgot to bring it back home though! I think I was up to 1000 from the top, around 6300+ to go!

One of the person who posted they got tracking number appeared on the 1000 from the top, might be a real deal
Jack of all trade - Master of some... I hope...

Offline Blocco

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6797 on: November 30, 2016, 02:33:51 pm »
Wayne has posted more nonsensical ramblings on IGG and Facebook..... 

According to Wayne:

"Because they (Batteroo) did not publically disclose the inner workings of their invention, it has continued to be shrouded in mystery which has upset all the electronics buffs out there." |O

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6798 on: November 30, 2016, 02:46:43 pm »
Wayne has posted more nonsensical ramblings on IGG and Facebook..... 

According to Wayne:

"Because they (Batteroo) did not publically disclose the inner workings of their invention, it has continued to be shrouded in mystery which has upset all the electronics buffs out there." |O

It's confirmed. Wayne is firmly in the Batteroo camp.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 03:17:56 pm by Fungus »

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #6799 on: November 30, 2016, 02:47:29 pm »
Would you design a new chip, set up production, manufacture a whole new batch, then ... only ship to three people?

I would organize a nice press conference, invite several related magazines and bloggers, show my shiny new product and give all participants a sample package for free.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf