Author Topic: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)  (Read 3083569 times)

Offline ErikTheNorwegian

• Frequent Contributor
  • Asberger, aspi, HIGH function, nerd...
Re: EEVblog #751 - How To Debunk A Product (The Batteriser)
« Reply #3600 on: December 22, 2015, 09:23:55 am »
No one will likely touch it without the patents.

I couldn't agree more.

Who would buy a company/product without security on the very element of value in such a deal?

This guy would!  He could team up with the Batteriser crew! 
/Erik
Goooood karma is flowing..

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3601 on: December 22, 2015, 09:32:53 am »
Hmm, so their delays could be at least somewhat influenced by their approach to patents... 

Not really. If the patent has been filed then it's theirs. Anybody using the IP runs the risk of being sued if they win the appeal.

So the "delays" aren't because of patents, other than them spending time messing about at the patent office instead of moving boxes of batterisers.

Then again, I'm sure they have a "team" for box packing and a separate "team" working on the patents. They certainly have "teams" for everything else. It's not just two guys in a tiny office, honest!

Offline Kalvin

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded SW/HW.
« Reply #3602 on: December 22, 2015, 09:50:17 am »
It seems to me that these guys didn't plan to deliver anything but instead they planned that someone fool enough with the money would buy their patents and paper-company, and the batteriser-guys would be off the hook with the new money in their pockets. The new proud owners of the batteriser-company would then have a pile of s**t in their hands and possibly obligation to deliver the devices which would never work as advertised.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3603 on: December 22, 2015, 10:36:36 am »
It seems to me that these guys didn't plan to deliver anything but instead they planned that someone fool enough with the money would buy their patents and paper-company, and the batteriser-guys would be off the hook with the new money in their pockets. The new proud owners of the batteriser-company would then have a pile of s**t in their hands and possibly obligation to deliver the devices which would never work as advertised.

Yep.

It's obvious from their videos, etc. that they know something about electronics.

It's also obvious from their videos that they know Batteriser doesn't/can't work (testing a Batteriser is very simple - two identical devices, one clock...no need for all that smoke and mirrors)

That makes them liars.

They've also taken people's money so that makes them thieves, too.

The comedy value of the videos plus Ali's macho chest beating and dumpster references are worthy of a thread here, but let's not forget what sort of people they are.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:50:51 am by Fungus »

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #3604 on: December 22, 2015, 05:08:57 pm »
Once this project finds itself at its final resting place, what happens to the money they have collected?
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3605 on: December 22, 2015, 05:27:48 pm »
The backers/saps/gulliblefools who provided the seed money and the VC money will be out of pocket, with the scammers off to spend whatever they have left that they squirrelled away from those looking for them. Probably move to another town, and rinse and repeat.

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3606 on: December 22, 2015, 07:57:02 pm »
The backers/saps/gulliblefools who provided the seed money and the VC money will be out of pocket, with the scammers off to spend whatever they have left that they squirrelled away from those looking for them. Probably move to another town, and rinse and repeat.

No need to move. In SV these days, behavior like Batteroo's is regarded as an impeccable industry credential.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3607 on: December 22, 2015, 09:01:09 pm »
No need to move. In SV these days, behavior like Batteroo's is regarded as an impeccable industry credential.

Yep. After this he'll have 500 patents AND a successful crowdfunding campaign on his CV.

Offline photon

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3608 on: December 22, 2015, 09:40:09 pm »

No, it is not.

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #3609 on: December 22, 2015, 09:48:48 pm »
So, effectively disabling the low battery warning in (potentially) a mission critical situation... e.g.emergency radios or lights - is a 'feature'?

OK Bob, if you say so.
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Online EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #3610 on: December 22, 2015, 10:46:32 pm »
Hmm, so their delays could be at least somewhat influenced by their approach to patents... 
Not really. If the patent has been filed then it's theirs. Anybody using the IP runs the risk of being sued if they win the appeal.

But that's not the issue for Batteriser.
Their patent game isn't to stop anyone else coming out with the same idea, it is so they have something of value to sell.
Any company looking to buy Batteriser will do due-diligence on the patents to find out where they are at and see that it's essentially been rejected twice already. That should really scare them off.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
« Reply #3611 on: December 23, 2015, 12:02:03 am »
I know a little bit about the patent system; my best friend is a former USPTO Examiner. They will not win their appeal. I absolutely 800% guarantee it.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Online Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #3612 on: December 23, 2015, 12:34:09 am »
8 times a normal guarantee… That’s impressive.
Can you substantiate that claim?
Perhaps by using a toy monkey to demonstrate.
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #3613 on: December 23, 2015, 12:55:27 am »
I know a little bit about the patent system; my best friend is a former USPTO Examiner. They will not win their appeal. I absolutely 800% guarantee it.
using a batteriser to jack up from 100 % ?
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline LabSpokane

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3614 on: December 23, 2015, 01:36:48 am »

No, it is not.
Based on some of the yoyos I meet, it would sure seem to be that way. If I meet another "Serial Entrepreneur" out of that little hamlet, I will probably vomit on their shoes. Granted, they probably had to head north because no one would hire them locally...

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #3615 on: December 23, 2015, 02:20:40 am »

:-+

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #3616 on: December 23, 2015, 02:28:59 am »

Even if it was an 80% chance of being rejected, and had a 20% chance of winning, no investor is going to touch it.
It seems that the only thing that will save Batteroo now is that magical order from Walmart or someone they have been trying to get.

Offline Jay_Diddy_B

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3617 on: December 23, 2015, 02:49:43 am »
Hi,

I don't recall if this has been covered before, they have added Sammy Saloum to their team. He was a VP with Radio Shack.

I assume that he is on their team to try and get the product into retail establishments.

Regarding investors, if they do the smallest amount of research they should find this thread....

Regards,

Jay_Diddy_B

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #3618 on: December 23, 2015, 03:02:15 am »

using a batteriser to jack up from 100 % ?

Exactly.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
    • timb.us
« Reply #3619 on: December 23, 2015, 03:04:55 am »

Hi,

I don't recall if this has been covered before, they have added Sammy Saloum to their team. He was a VP with Radio Shack.

I assume that he is on their team to try and get the product into retail establishments.

Regarding investors, if they do the smallest amount of research they should find this thread....

Regards,

Jay_Diddy_B

Wow, quite a resume this guy has. Let's see... CompUSA, mismanaged and out of business. Radio Shack, mismanaged and bankruptcy....

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #3620 on: December 23, 2015, 03:10:04 am »

That's presumably what they had Warren Flick on the board for (Former K-Mart President), until, well, they either they gave him the Flick, or he left.

Offline WN1X

• Supporter
« Reply #3621 on: December 23, 2015, 03:25:59 am »
8 times a normal guarantee… That’s impressive.
Can you substantiate that claim?
Perhaps by using a toy monkey to demonstrate.

Don't forget the probes  :-DD :-DD :-DD
- Jim

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #3622 on: December 23, 2015, 03:43:41 am »

Hi,

Regards,

Jay_Diddy_B

Wow, quite a resume this guy has. Let's see... CompUSA, mismanaged and out of business. Radio Shack, mismanaged and bankruptcy....
I wonder if he was involved with Computer City which also had an untimely ending.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline f4eru

• Super Contributor
    • Chargehanger
« Reply #3623 on: December 23, 2015, 08:19:15 pm »

If "apple is the graveyard of Tesla"http://www.marketwatch.com/story/elon-musk-heres-why-we-call-apple-the-tesla-graveyard-2015-10-09, Batterizer is the graveyard of the rest of the industry :)

Offline AmmoJammo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3624 on: December 24, 2015, 04:30:46 am »
Next update is the factory was in that complex that was damaged by a land slippage.

LMAO!

You should stop giving them ideas!

:-DD

Unfortunately, due to a tragic heavy landslide in Shenzhen, China  this week,  we are now facing additional slight delays.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf