Author Topic: Franky's sales thread  (Read 276419 times)

Offline Jorpy

• Contributor
Re: Franky's sales thread
« Reply #250 on: October 26, 2014, 04:05:47 pm »
..I can send you some 16AWG wires for free to make up for that. Let me know.

I wouldn't ask of you to offer it for free. If you have any 16 AWG in blue, green and yellow, I'd like to buy a meter of each color however (+red and black).   

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #251 on: October 26, 2014, 04:20:56 pm »
..I can send you some 16AWG wires for free to make up for that. Let me know.

I wouldn't ask of you to offer it for free. If you have any 16 AWG in blue, green and yellow, I'd like to buy a meter of each color however (+red and black).

I actually do happen to have a few metres of 16AWG blue, green and yellow in stock. Can you PM me your Paypal email address so I can send you the invoice directly?
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline Yago

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #252 on: October 26, 2014, 06:08:37 pm »
Speedy as a quick thing with the crock clips Franky, cheers :)

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #253 on: October 30, 2014, 06:16:08 pm »
Fast shipping and excellent packaging! :-DMM :-+
All my 9V batteries are flat :palm:.

Offline ttp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2014, 05:02:06 am »
Fast shipping and excellent packaging! :-DMM :-+
All my 9V batteries are flat :palm:.

A good reason to have a rechargeable or two on hand ;)

Offline Falcon69

• Super Contributor
« Reply #255 on: November 07, 2014, 01:02:46 pm »
9 volt batteries are suppose to be flat.  It's the C's, D's, A' AAA's that are round. You ordered the wrong ones!

Offline ju1ce

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #256 on: November 08, 2014, 05:47:46 pm »
Are you going to have any more of those Brymen silicone multimeter leads? I would like a to buy those, but the ebay listing indicates they are out of stock  :(

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #257 on: November 09, 2014, 01:02:55 am »
Are you going to have any more of those Brymen silicone multimeter leads? I would like a to buy those, but the ebay listing indicates they are out of stock  :(

Yes, I will have them back. But the expected date of the next shipment from Brymen is still a couple of weeks away, around 24th Nov. I will also have the BM-257s and BM-869s ("s" versions) back in stock by the time.

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #258 on: November 09, 2014, 03:39:53 am »
Those Brymen leads are quite nice, I swapped my old fluke leads for those.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline ju1ce

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #259 on: November 09, 2014, 07:22:46 am »

Yes, I will have them back. But the expected date of the next shipment from Brymen is still a couple of weeks away, around 24th Nov. I will also have the BM-257s and BM-869s ("s" versions) back in stock by the time.
Thanks for the info. Now I know what I will buy myself for christmas  ;D

Offline Yago

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2014, 03:08:36 pm »

Thanks for the info. Now I know what I will buy myself for christmas  ;D

Don't forget the rather nice crock-clips that match the leads!
Might as well while you are ordering :)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #261 on: November 26, 2014, 02:18:30 am »
Just a quick update to let everyone know that I now have the new "s" version Brymen BM257s and BM869s in stock. I sold out the original non-s versions a while ago and have just restocked them. Cheers.

BM257s - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200922627340
BM869s - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171272486755

Offline SPRX

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2014, 11:20:26 am »

Franky, Have you noticed any considerable differences between BM869 and BM869s ?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #263 on: November 26, 2014, 11:46:18 am »

Franky, Have you noticed any considerable differences between BM869 and BM869s ?

On the outside, I haven't really noticed any difference to be honest, except the colours of the packaging box. I don't own a BM869 or 869s personally so I don't really know what it's like inside, and I don't want to open up a for-sale unit beyond the battery cover (to remove the battery), so I can't really tell if there's any difference internally. On the BM257s the fuses are accessible by opening the battery cover so I know they have upgraded the fuses to 1000V rated ones (but curiously also changed from 630mA to 400mA, and 10A to 11A). I don't know if it's the same case with the BM869s though.

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #264 on: November 26, 2014, 01:13:33 pm »
Hi Franky, a 400mA fuse on the 257s sounds strange since the meter jack is still marked as 0.6A max on the front panel. I would ask Brymen for some clarification, as they may have installed the wrong fuses on a batch of their meters.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:15:18 pm by Wytnucls »

Offline Evolution

• Still trying to get the smoke back in!
« Reply #265 on: December 02, 2014, 06:57:44 am »
Have been lurking on here for a couple of weeks and I had to make an account just to say that I am astounded at how fast you delivered the BM257 I ordered! Less than three business days is very impressive.

Have only had a preliminary look over the unit and I am very happy with the build quality, hope to have a hobbyist review on my blog in the near future.

Cheers!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #266 on: December 02, 2014, 08:01:51 am »
Have been lurking on here for a couple of weeks and I had to make an account just to say that I am astounded at how fast you delivered the BM257 I ordered! Less than three business days is very impressive.

Have only had a preliminary look over the unit and I am very happy with the build quality, hope to have a hobbyist review on my blog in the near future.

Cheers!

Thanks for the compliments. But again, I can't really take all the credit. I can mostly only guarantee to have my orders sent to the post office within 24 hours of ordering, it was the postal services who did most of the hard work for delivering packages quickly!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #267 on: December 02, 2014, 08:04:17 am »
Hi Franky, a 400mA fuse on the 257s sounds strange since the meter jack is still marked as 0.6A max on the front panel. I would ask Brymen for some clarification, as they may have installed the wrong fuses on a batch of their meters.

This is Brymen's response in regard to my inquiry about the 400mA fuse:

That 0.4A/1000V fuse has a Time-Current characteristic curve (in between
315mA & 500mA) projection of approaching infinity at 0.6A. It can also be
loaded way beyond 1000 seconds at 0.8A, and has a fast acting characteristic
of below 0.01 second at beyond 2A. This protection characteristic matches
BM257s nicely. 

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #268 on: December 02, 2014, 09:21:39 am »
The fuse will do its job, but the margin will be much lower than a .6A fuse, meaning that it will blow quicker when the current goes above 0.6A. At 10$ a pop, it could be an expensive fuse solution.
I'm not an expert, but it seems that the Time-Current charts are usually derived from 50Hz RMS currents (10% accuracy), with lower margins for DC currents.
As far as IEC CAT rating is concerned, I'm not sure if a lower fuse rating is allowed under the current regulations. I haven't heard of any other manufacturers using lower rated fuses in their meters yet.
The higher resistance of the 0.4A fuse (~ 1.2Ohm) should also make the burden voltage slightly worse on the mA scale.

It would be interesting to see how long it takes for the 0.4A fuse to blow, when a 0.6A current is flowing through it.
The fuse rated current (400mA) is the maximum continuous current allowed, without rupturing the fuse, guaranteed by the manufacturer. 600mA may be too high for continuous measurement and falls outside the fuse certified rating anyway.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:23:32 pm by Wytnucls »

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #269 on: December 03, 2014, 01:36:39 am »
I received the same answer as Franky.  I also think the same regarding the fuse not taking a continuous 600mA. I will do an extended 600mA test when my shipment arrives.

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #270 on: December 03, 2014, 09:16:26 am »
After some research, it seems that IEC regs require a fuse rated for the highest current expected. I understand that the integrity of the fuse can be compromised after a long exposure to higher currents than it was designed for.
Brymen should comply, really. The cost is about the same, if they can source 600mA fuses.

Offline xibalban

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #271 on: December 07, 2014, 02:24:23 pm »
Hey Franky,

I got redirected to this thread by fellas in the forum who had only the best to talk about you  :).

Anyway, I'd be glad if you could source a Hakko 888 (Not the Digital version), used or new, 110V or 230V version. Any possibilities?

Cheers!!

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." - Mark Twain

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #272 on: December 07, 2014, 03:55:08 pm »
Hey Franky,

I got redirected to this thread by fellas in the forum who had only the best to talk about you  :).

Anyway, I'd be glad if you could source a Hakko 888 (Not the Digital version), used or new, 110V or 230V version. Any possibilities?

Cheers!!

I should be able to source a 220V version. If you could send me your shipping address in a PM I will try to get your a price quote.

Offline Falcon69

• Super Contributor
« Reply #273 on: December 21, 2014, 08:01:29 am »
Franky is awesome!

I placed an order with him that I needed to get done and shipped by X-Mas.

He made a mistake in ordering some voltage regulators for me (ahhhh, it happens, we all have brain farts).  It was caught before the order was shipped to me and he went out of his way to order new ones (which took a few more days for him to get), then he made sure I'd get them by X-Mas.

I received the order 2 days ago.

He's a great guy to deal with, and very helpful.

Offline eas

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tech Obsessed
« Reply #274 on: December 23, 2014, 05:55:54 am »
I noticed you've added a ZYXStudio USB power meter to your ebay shop.  Can you get their other stuff too?  How about test loads from http://zke2006.taobao.com?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf